COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

Only used this a couple of days, so I don't know how it would affect my acne-prone skin, but the product is WAY orangey and WAY to much glitter to make application natural. Won't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how cover girl tries to deceive customers by saying this has minerals when it's talc based with minimal minerals. plus, theres mineral oil and parabens in this powder. i only bought this because i got cover girls trublend bronzer in golden sunrise for under $5 and it works so well for me and i love it and thought i might feel the same about this.
it's not cheap either at just under $11CND at walmart.
i mind the super fine sparkle particles in this. i got it in translucent medium and it suits my tan skin tone alright.
i actually dont mind the puff thing that comes with it however, it does pick up too much powder, therefore i dont use it often. it's not that great of a setting powder...
also, the top of this is soo hard to get off, i gotta twist and turn and hope it doesnt crack open and make an even bigger problem.
i wont buy this again mainly because of the price along with the misleading claim of minerals, along with it being talc based with parabens and mineral oil..
covergirl is such a fraud.
too glittery which is far from luminous!!!! waste of money for me.
new york color's translucent powder is WAY better for more than half the price of this garbage!

I would really love this stuff if they made it to be less shimmery! It's almost like wearing glitter on you face. I love the feel of it, but not the glitter look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason i put yes i would buy this product again is because even though its a horrible sucky loose powder it makes for a GREAT bronzer/blush (when placed correctly). i bought this in translucent medium since i have a medium skin tone and what i got was a dark bronzey color almost orange. i hated it and couldnt find my receipt so i improvised and decided to use it as a blush. it actually makes a great lasting blush. bt as a powder its two thumb way down.

this powder has an unatural orange shade to it. i bought the shade 'translucent light' and its like medium-orange. and also, it gave me cyctic pimples! that was horrible. i'm acne prone, but only on my T zone, and i don't usually get cystic acne, but after i used it i got a few cystic pimples on my cheeks!! ugh. k, i love the actual powder, and the packaging, but maybe if they just changed the colour a bit. but i wouldn't buy it again cause it caused me to have horrible acne, and left me with horrible scars. if you have orange skin though, by all means, this makeup is for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i have pale skin and blue eyes and i bought the lightest shade called translucent fair and it was to dark and orange. the colors suck and need to be lighter and more neutral. but the powder is nice accept it kinda stings my sensitive skin..it has a light shimmer which is very pretty, does not dry skin out, does not crease into large pores, fine lines and covers up all imperfections. in these categories it works better than foundation but those frigging ugly, non-neutral, dark colors suck and if your skin is sensitive be careful.

on 8/18/2007 7:36:00 PM

Well I really was looking forward to trying this.I have a good tan so I got the medium shade,big mistake.It is way to dark and a bit orange.
Also the shimmer looks good at first but after just a little while it makes my skin look awful.Will not buy again.

on 7/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an nc 35-40 and was looking for a light-coloured powder to set my concealer and highlight the eye area, so I decided in the translucent light, bad choice. I could live with the shimmer because it's light if the colour were right. However this powder is just too dark and heavy even for me. I'd recommend it to light-complexioned ladies who are looking to add a tanned glow to their faces. I did also find it pricy for a covergirl product

on 11/15/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I saw this at CVS last night and of course I had to pick it up (since I can't find my beloved L'Oreal Translucide ANYWHERE). I got it in Tranclucent Light. It's a loose slightly shimmery powder that you're supposed to use over your whole face to give you "that glow". I tried it on this morning and I think it's very dark for being the second lightest shade they offer, and it's not as yellow based as Translucide. I lightly dusted it on over my foundation, and I kind of like it. It does give a glow to my face but I think that I will exchange it for Translucent Fair and I will mix it w/ Ben Nye Banana loose powder to make it a little more yellow based and a little less shimmery. I will update later when I've been outside to make sure that it's not sparkley in the sun light. For now I think it's a nice, light powder that I probably will buy again!
EDIT- It's just too sparkley for me =(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE:
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5

After using this a bit more, I don't really like using it. It is too dramatically sparkly, not glowy. My skin overall felt more oily, and I just do not enjoy this product anymore.

ORIGINAL:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5

My sister bought this for me for Christmas, in 420 Translucent Honey. The color match was pretty good, and my skin was not oily after applying. On it's own, it's a very sheer coverage, but very glittery. But when I wore it with another pressed powder/cream underneath, my skin looked a bit cakey, so I would say it's not very buildable. It's nice for a first loose powder, and it is very helpful with liquid makeup.

Because the pack I got came with three, it'll be a while till I run out, so I'll have a lot more time to work with it :)