COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 7/26/2007 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is terrible stuff.... the quality itself is not so bad, but the color range is way off... I am a natural and this was ten times darker on me... and its very orangy.... just looks like cheap bronzer..

on 7/27/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The color suits me (415) but it has too much sparkle and shimmer! I'm oily so I DNW anymore gleaminess on my grill, okay? Also the sifter lets too much product out. #messy.

on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- glowy finish

CONS

- oxidizes
- packaging
- sheer

COMMENTS: This powder wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for how badly it oxidizes. It has a shimmery finish, but it gives the appearance of glowy skin and isn't full of glitter chunks. This can actually be used as a highlighter, but as a setting powder...definitely not.

Will not repurchase.

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

on 7/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Too much Glitter!! u basiclly are putting a bunch of sparkles on ur face, which is really unflattering! It doesn't stick on well and is a really messy package which spills all over, plus they give u a terrible powder puff thing that sucks!

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought this for me when she went back to Hong Kong for her holidays because we can't purchase CoverGirl locally. I have this in 405 / translucent fair. I know this is very cheap only in U.S.A. and is being sold only in the drugstores back there, but hey, some of their products are not bad at all.

I use this for touch ups and as a finishing everytime I apply my make-up on. I wouldn't say that this is my HG finishing powder because it's just "ok" for me. I would give this product a 2 stars out of 5 for my opinion.

Why?! First of all, let's talk about its packaging. The packaging is very unsanitized, the lid is very easy to break. (I broke mine everytime and it's very messy when carrying it inside your comsetic bag when travelling.) Also, the puff that comes with it is not usable for my experience. Getting the right amount of powder by using this puff is very hard.

About the product itself, it doesn't really have the staying power to prevent my face from getting oily for the whole day. It also has little bits of glitters on the powder itself but it doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, I really need to re-touch everytime when I'm using this powder. Meaning, I took me only around 2 months to finish one 18g product.

I would not repurchase this product from CoverGirl. Oh well, next product for my loose powder please!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product contains too much shimmer. It might work as a bronzer but it is not appropriate for an all-over face powder. From what others have said, it oxidizes to a much darker color as time passes. I purchased this face powder and the blush in the same line, and am not happy with them. The packaging is low quality, and powder was all over the place even before I removed the sticker from the sifter. I had to apply tons of layers of powder before seeing any coverage. When I finally achieved the desired coverage (medium), my face looked all right in the bathroom mirror, however when I got to my car I discovered that my face looked like it had glitter all over it. I'm not waiting to see whether it breaks me out, I will return both this AND the blush tomorrow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.

on 12/31/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not long-lasting and its coverage is bad (it is, afterall, a translucent powder). It certainly has mica, but it is not overly shimmery. In fact, the shimmer is hardly noticeable on my face.
So I don't recommend it as a foundation powder, only a setting powder for foundation.

But like many other reviewers before me, the main problem is finding the right colour. The lightest shade, 'translucent fair', is even darker than my light-medium skin tone. It has an orange base (therefore it works better as a light bronzer) and the color in the jar goes on darker when applied to your face...so picking a colour to suit your complexion is a very misleading process.
The moral is: Pale girls like redheads should avoid this powder like the plague.

During those intense summer days, I noticed that it perfectly suits my tanned skin, and it doesn't look too glowy. So this has now become my summer mineral powder.

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.