COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 10/12/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. bought translucent light #410 thinking it would be a sheer coverage it turned out that it made my face look orange, a fake tanned orange color! If it wasn't for the orange color this product would have been great! The application is easy with a kabuki brush, don't use their powder puff, it doesn't work. It has specs of sparkles in the powder so it's not a matte finish but I don't mind the sparkles because it's not that much. I read on the CG website that you could return this product for a full refund but you need to send back your original receipt and bar code on the product, unfortunately for this product the bar code is on the plastic packing in which I had already thrown out before reading this guarantee on the website, so there goes my money back !! Traveling with this product is also a pain! the powder comes out of the little holes of the container so when you open it you have all this powder that just won't go back in the container, so if you do lots of traveling like me, I don't recommend bringing this product with you on the trip, especially in your luggage or carry on!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this powder is very shimmery and glittery, NOT what I want in a losse powder. Second, the coverage is not too great, although it does seem to make my face look more even. Third, the packaging is horrible, the lid is all cracked and pieces of it are missing. How is the powder supposed to stay in the container with a broken lid? There is also SO much powder in the container. I've been using it for a year and it's still not even halfway empty. Like almost all loose powders, the powder puff that come with it is so horrible, DO NOT USE IT! To seal the deal, CoverGirl STILL tests on animals. :(

I bought this in Translucent Fair. I am very fair and cooler toned and wear translucent and translucent fair in Physician's Formula. This shade was way too dark and orange on me. This probably works better over foundation than on bare skin, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but it is still not a good match for me. This is also a little too shimmery for my taste and with the packaging and puff it seems hard to get the right amount for application. I only tried this a few times and stopped. I later discovered the Physician's Formula powders and wear them regularly. I do like the Cover Girl TruBlend in Pure Romance (pink) and Shimmering Sands (peach-pink) for wearing over foundation but really did not care for this powder.

on 8/27/2008 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please please do not buy this product! For your own happiness!!

I found this to have very bad shades. None of them come close to my skin tone and go on with orange-y. And naturally luminous?? I was looking for something sheer and slightly dewey looking. This looks glittery and overdone. It's also bad for your skin. I'm guessing that it was either the talc or the mica that made me break out.

!Do not buy!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this powder runs way too dark and has way too much glitter. it makes my skin look so much greasier than it already is! i really dont like this powder. ive tried to make it work several times by applying it with different brushes & i just cant seem to make it work! i have oily skin & it does nothing to set my foundation. because the color is soo dark, i think i should just try to use this as a sort of bronzer. i'd hate to throw this away...but if i cant make it work, i think im going to have to. i wouldnt repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this in translucent medium. This product comes in a round plastic container w/ a top that can be easily twisted off. Inside, is a powder puff that I personally didn't like to use. This is a good highlighter. Since it is translucent, it doesn't deposit enough color to cover any imperfections. I wouldn't purchase again b/c I don't reach for this enough & it's not really anything special.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All I can say is...Don't buy this crap!!! It is very chalky, made me look like I put a mask on, PLUS it is orange!!! I bought in Transparent Light, but the product itself seems like a bronzer or something. Don't be fooled by the "naturally luminous" claims, it performs very far from that. My New York Color loose powder actually does a much, much better job. It provides a soft-focus finish, and is transparent on my skin. Thank god Rite Aid has a liberal return policy!!

Bottom Line: The stuff is orange, has useless glitter particles in it, and is chalky!! If you are looking for a bargain, buy New York Color loose powder instead! Just read the reviews for that on MUA...

on 2/17/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I hated this product mainly because it was too shimmery for my face . I think that it made me look like I was wearing glitter all over my face.

I wouldn't use it again as a face powder instead I now use it to dust over my shoulders and chest area for a little shimmer when I get dressed up.

on 11/18/2007 12:11:00 AM

None of these colors seemed to match my skin color at all. It's pretty sad when even the lightest of colors can make you look darker and orange colored. The puff inside is garbage. What I disliked the most was I had to slowly and carefully pry the top off so that no powder flew out and landed on the floor. When I mastered that, with application the powder would just fall onto my chest area. Gosh, I don't want to apply makeup to them! I found this product to be very drying, and I put a good amount of moisturizer on every application because of my natural dry skin. Another big peeve was that I'm not prone to pimples at all. I usually get a couple a month if that, but this clogged so many pores and I broke out badly. I'll stick with my Physicians Formula mineral wear thanks!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is horrible! Made my skin SUPER oily and it turned dark and orange within an hour. It wasn't expensive but I can't see how this powder is useful? I bought this hoping that it would absorb oil and a little shimmer & glow to my complexion but it did not. I would not repurchase this product again!