COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 11/24/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for too long, and the only reason I've never switched is because the only new foundation-related products I buy are liquid foundations. However, it is way too sparkly, and the color selection was too limited. It does a good job in general of setting face makeup, but since mine is too dark (and too sparkly) for me, it's not doing it.

on 2/5/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product is horrible. And I'm surprised to be saying this about CG. I barely had any acne with the powder and concealers I used before, but I wanted to try something different. So I got this powder, and the first day I was fine.. But then I started getting the most horrible acne I've had in years. Extremely disappointed...

on 12/30/2013 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- glowy finish

CONS

- oxidizes
- packaging
- sheer

COMMENTS: This powder wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for how badly it oxidizes. It has a shimmery finish, but it gives the appearance of glowy skin and isn't full of glitter chunks. This can actually be used as a highlighter, but as a setting powder...definitely not.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE:
Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5

After using this a bit more, I don't really like using it. It is too dramatically sparkly, not glowy. My skin overall felt more oily, and I just do not enjoy this product anymore.

ORIGINAL:

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Price: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5

My sister bought this for me for Christmas, in 420 Translucent Honey. The color match was pretty good, and my skin was not oily after applying. On it's own, it's a very sheer coverage, but very glittery. But when I wore it with another pressed powder/cream underneath, my skin looked a bit cakey, so I would say it's not very buildable. It's nice for a first loose powder, and it is very helpful with liquid makeup.

Because the pack I got came with three, it'll be a while till I run out, so I'll have a lot more time to work with it :)

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

on 7/27/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

The color suits me (415) but it has too much sparkle and shimmer! I'm oily so I DNW anymore gleaminess on my grill, okay? Also the sifter lets too much product out. #messy.