COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 3/6/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

My sister bought this for me when she went back to Hong Kong for her holidays because we can't purchase CoverGirl locally. I have this in 405 / translucent fair. I know this is very cheap only in U.S.A. and is being sold only in the drugstores back there, but hey, some of their products are not bad at all.

I use this for touch ups and as a finishing everytime I apply my make-up on. I wouldn't say that this is my HG finishing powder because it's just "ok" for me. I would give this product a 2 stars out of 5 for my opinion.

Why?! First of all, let's talk about its packaging. The packaging is very unsanitized, the lid is very easy to break. (I broke mine everytime and it's very messy when carrying it inside your comsetic bag when travelling.) Also, the puff that comes with it is not usable for my experience. Getting the right amount of powder by using this puff is very hard.

About the product itself, it doesn't really have the staying power to prevent my face from getting oily for the whole day. It also has little bits of glitters on the powder itself but it doesn't bother me at all. Anyway, I really need to re-touch everytime when I'm using this powder. Meaning, I took me only around 2 months to finish one 18g product.

I would not repurchase this product from CoverGirl. Oh well, next product for my loose powder please!

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

The product wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The powder gave me an over all summer glow because of the golden shimmer. I dusted it over my foundation and concealer but it didn't give me much of an impression. It rubbed of after 2 hours and the packaging was so bad that it left me speechless. I use it now to quickly dust it on my arms and legs in the summer for a shimmery tanned look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

on 7/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Too much Glitter!! u basiclly are putting a bunch of sparkles on ur face, which is really unflattering! It doesn't stick on well and is a really messy package which spills all over, plus they give u a terrible powder puff thing that sucks!

on 8/7/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good loose powder from the drugstore. I'm Soft Honey (same as in the whipped TruBlend foundation) and I really like it. It does have glitter flecks, which are a little annoying, but not really noticeable from a distance and I believe they help diffuse the light and promote the soft glow that this powder gives. It's great on top of foundation and concealer to set everything, which is a concept I never really bought into until I tried this powder. It's also really good on it's own as well.

Do not use the puff it comes with - so messy and useless. It's a bit messy still, but for the price I can live with messy :) I keep the puff in there, flip the powder upside down, then use a Kabuki brush to pick up product off the powder puff. Then use the brush to really work it into the skin in circular motions.

on 4/23/2011 1:04:00 PM

Yuck. Why why why why don't I check reviews here first before I impulse-buy? Oh, right, because my gadget needs WiFi. At this rate though I could get a smart phone and pay the monthly bill with the money I waste impulsively buying bad products like this.

on 5/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

you get a lot of product for the price. there arent many colors to choose from. i used to use this powder when i was younger..and have recently rediscovered it. it is quite shimmery but i dont really mind it. i have it in the color translucent light....and for a "light" powder it is pretty dark..a lil too dark for me but ive been blending it in real well. i use it with my elf complexion brush.

This powder was okay. I actually liked the sparkles, but this made me break out badly within a couple days of using it so I won't be using it again. I also ended up dropping it and spilling half the container after trying to take the lid off.

on 12/10/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

*to the tune of the Conga line whatever thinger*

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.
I love that it keeps my oil under control during the day.
I hate the sparkles! drives me nuts
I hate that if you use just a hair too much you can look orange.
I love that its very blendable

Overall, I probably will buy this again if I can't find a better powder.