COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

Only used this a couple of days, so I don't know how it would affect my acne-prone skin, but the product is WAY orangey and WAY to much glitter to make application natural. Won't buy again.

I bought this in Translucent Fair. I am very fair and cooler toned and wear translucent and translucent fair in Physician's Formula. This shade was way too dark and orange on me. This probably works better over foundation than on bare skin, as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, but it is still not a good match for me. This is also a little too shimmery for my taste and with the packaging and puff it seems hard to get the right amount for application. I only tried this a few times and stopped. I later discovered the Physician's Formula powders and wear them regularly. I do like the Cover Girl TruBlend in Pure Romance (pink) and Shimmering Sands (peach-pink) for wearing over foundation but really did not care for this powder.

on 9/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I'm not very good with makeup, so the fact that this is very sheer and forgiving is great for me. At first I didn't like the big puff, but now that I've learned how to maneuver it, it's fine. I use it alone, without foundation. I have pretty good skin to begin with, so I just use this to even out my skin tone when I start getting paler in the winter. The only problem is that it is a little bit orange-y, so you need to be really careful about applying it lightly, or else you'll look like you fake-baked! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, this powder is very shimmery and glittery, NOT what I want in a losse powder. Second, the coverage is not too great, although it does seem to make my face look more even. Third, the packaging is horrible, the lid is all cracked and pieces of it are missing. How is the powder supposed to stay in the container with a broken lid? There is also SO much powder in the container. I've been using it for a year and it's still not even halfway empty. Like almost all loose powders, the powder puff that come with it is so horrible, DO NOT USE IT! To seal the deal, CoverGirl STILL tests on animals. :(

on 10/12/2008 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I was very disappointed with this product. bought translucent light #410 thinking it would be a sheer coverage it turned out that it made my face look orange, a fake tanned orange color! If it wasn't for the orange color this product would have been great! The application is easy with a kabuki brush, don't use their powder puff, it doesn't work. It has specs of sparkles in the powder so it's not a matte finish but I don't mind the sparkles because it's not that much. I read on the CG website that you could return this product for a full refund but you need to send back your original receipt and bar code on the product, unfortunately for this product the bar code is on the plastic packing in which I had already thrown out before reading this guarantee on the website, so there goes my money back !! Traveling with this product is also a pain! the powder comes out of the little holes of the container so when you open it you have all this powder that just won't go back in the container, so if you do lots of traveling like me, I don't recommend bringing this product with you on the trip, especially in your luggage or carry on!

I don't think this is a good quality powder, especially in the mineral makeup world. I don't find it spreads very well, and gives an uneven finish. And even though my foundation matches my skin perfectly, and I had the lightest shade of this powder, when I layered it over my foundation I looked way too dark and orange! It's OK for setting make-up and I don't mind the sparkles, it absorbs enough oil so that I don't look shiny. It's cheap, and the packaging isn't the greatest but then again, all loose powders are sort of messy. I might give it 2.5 if I could... However, I think you can find a much better mineral powder, even on a budget.

on 11/19/2008 3:56:00 AM

I first bought this product for the summer. I tend to tan very easily in the summer then get pale in the winter. so i bought the translucent medium but i never thought it would be so dark. the other translucent medium in the natural loose power is lighter. though it took some getting use to i love it. it can seriously last the whole year so the price is great! also you have to learn how to apply just a little and go over it with a clean powder brush.

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

on 12/31/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not long-lasting and its coverage is bad (it is, afterall, a translucent powder). It certainly has mica, but it is not overly shimmery. In fact, the shimmer is hardly noticeable on my face.
So I don't recommend it as a foundation powder, only a setting powder for foundation.

But like many other reviewers before me, the main problem is finding the right colour. The lightest shade, 'translucent fair', is even darker than my light-medium skin tone. It has an orange base (therefore it works better as a light bronzer) and the color in the jar goes on darker when applied to your face...so picking a colour to suit your complexion is a very misleading process.
The moral is: Pale girls like redheads should avoid this powder like the plague.

During those intense summer days, I noticed that it perfectly suits my tanned skin, and it doesn't look too glowy. So this has now become my summer mineral powder.

on 1/11/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not quite sure where you were going with this one Cover Girl. If you were trying to create a body glitter, you really hit the nail on the head. But a face powder? Be serious. This stuff has more sparkles in it then a 1st grade craft project.