COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how cover girl tries to deceive customers by saying this has minerals when it's talc based with minimal minerals. plus, theres mineral oil and parabens in this powder. i only bought this because i got cover girls trublend bronzer in golden sunrise for under $5 and it works so well for me and i love it and thought i might feel the same about this.
it's not cheap either at just under $11CND at walmart.
i mind the super fine sparkle particles in this. i got it in translucent medium and it suits my tan skin tone alright.
i actually dont mind the puff thing that comes with it however, it does pick up too much powder, therefore i dont use it often. it's not that great of a setting powder...
also, the top of this is soo hard to get off, i gotta twist and turn and hope it doesnt crack open and make an even bigger problem.
i wont buy this again mainly because of the price along with the misleading claim of minerals, along with it being talc based with parabens and mineral oil..
covergirl is such a fraud.
too glittery which is far from luminous!!!! waste of money for me.
new york color's translucent powder is WAY better for more than half the price of this garbage!

on 6/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

This is my official summer powder! I purchased in transparent light and while I do notice the hint of orange to the powder, it works for me. I run on the fair side (NC20) and a lot of powders tend to accentuate my pallor, but this one warms my complexion nicely. I don't notice any shimmer or glitter to it, but it does help further blend out my flaws. I actually use the powder puff that comes with the product because it feels nice across my skin and does a good job of distributing the product. For best use, sprinkle some powder into the lid and rub the puff into the lid to pick up the product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this in translucent medium. This product comes in a round plastic container w/ a top that can be easily twisted off. Inside, is a powder puff that I personally didn't like to use. This is a good highlighter. Since it is translucent, it doesn't deposit enough color to cover any imperfections. I wouldn't purchase again b/c I don't reach for this enough & it's not really anything special.

on 6/25/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OKAYY SO LIKE I MEAN I USE THIS PRODUCT IT WORKS WELL ...BUT IT WONT LAST FIVE HOURS BEFORE IT STARTS TO GET OILY ON MY SKIN..WELL FIRST I HAD PREVIOUS ACNE SO I HAVE DARK SPOTS I USE CONCEALER GREAT COVERAGE BUT ..THEN I APPLY THE TRUBLEND AND IT GOES GREAT I HEAD TA WORK OR TO THE MALL AND EXPECT THIS TO LAST IT DOES NOT I FEEL LIKE I JUSS PUT BABYOIL ALL OVER MY NOSE AND CHEEKS ..SO I AM DEF LOOKING FOR A NEW PRODUCT ANY SUGGESTIONS..??

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this powder runs way too dark and has way too much glitter. it makes my skin look so much greasier than it already is! i really dont like this powder. ive tried to make it work several times by applying it with different brushes & i just cant seem to make it work! i have oily skin & it does nothing to set my foundation. because the color is soo dark, i think i should just try to use this as a sort of bronzer. i'd hate to throw this away...but if i cant make it work, i think im going to have to. i wouldnt repurchase this.

on 7/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this powder on the recommendation of my hair stylist. She swore by it, so I had to try it out. I was using B.E. Mineral Veil, beforehand. I didn't see anything that stood out about this powder. As a matter of fact, I actually have another powder from a few years ago from Cover Girl, that's the exact same thing. It's their Translucent Loose Powder. I don't know if they still sell it, but personally I think it's the same product, with a different label. Cover Girl's trying to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but it doesn't compare to Bare Minerals. Anyway, it's a good powder, if you're looking for an affordable finishing powder to set your foundation, but other than that it won't transform your complexion like Bare Minerals does for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a powder that you can use without a foundation under it. I put this on top of my foundation when I feel like I need a powder. It's cheap and it's efficient. I use a kabuki brush and apply it just like I'd apply bare minerals. It doesn't give you the same coverage that BM does. Overall, this is a nice poweer that I'd buy again. The only downside is that there's too much sparkle in the powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like the coverage of this powder. I apply my concealer, then the powder using a kabuki brush. It looks beautiful. At first, I didn't care for the "glitter", but it's a good luck in the summer time.

on 8/19/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lots of powder, just shimmery enough for summer. It will make my nose matte for a while but after a few hours, it gets oily looking again. I don't like the powder puff that comes with it, it applies too heavily.

on 8/27/2008 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please please do not buy this product! For your own happiness!!

I found this to have very bad shades. None of them come close to my skin tone and go on with orange-y. And naturally luminous?? I was looking for something sheer and slightly dewey looking. This looks glittery and overdone. It's also bad for your skin. I'm guessing that it was either the talc or the mica that made me break out.

!Do not buy!