COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason i put yes i would buy this product again is because even though its a horrible sucky loose powder it makes for a GREAT bronzer/blush (when placed correctly). i bought this in translucent medium since i have a medium skin tone and what i got was a dark bronzey color almost orange. i hated it and couldnt find my receipt so i improvised and decided to use it as a blush. it actually makes a great lasting blush. bt as a powder its two thumb way down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't very good. It covers very nicely at first, and skin looks flawless. After about 2 hours it makes your skin very very oily, I would swipe my finger down the bridge of my nose and my finger would then be wet and very shiny. If you have dry patches, or if you picked at your face and theres a little scab, the makeup will stick right to it and make it extremely noticable. The only thing this is good for is covering up redness. So you can be red and dry or even and severely oily.

on 2/12/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous powder with a nice texture. I purchased in Shimmering Sands, intending to use as a blush/body shimmer, but I've wound up lightly dusting it all over my face after using as a contour.

Do not use the useless puff that comes with it, use a powder brush. It has a lovely pearly finish, I am prone to rashes, inflammation and breakouts on my otherwise oily face and the shimmer really takes the attention away from uneven skin texture.

The packagaing can get a bit messy but it has never made a mess in my bag. As with all loose powders, you get a bit on your clothes but it's easy to brush off.

It's also easy to reapply when it's worn off, and doesn't look too bad. On me it lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply. I will repurchase in different colours.

on 2/17/2008 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I hated this product mainly because it was too shimmery for my face . I think that it made me look like I was wearing glitter all over my face.

I wouldn't use it again as a face powder instead I now use it to dust over my shoulders and chest area for a little shimmer when I get dressed up.

I use as my setting powder after my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless though though I do have to reapply halfway through the day
I threw out the puff that came with it and use my BM total face brush instead

I personally like the slight shimmer in it. it's not too much but reflects the light enough too hide the tiny inperfections on my face

on 3/2/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product was really not that great. For my oily skin with medium pores, it seems to highlight my blackheads and make my face shiny pretty quickly. The puff really sucks....it picks up way too much powder. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave it a try because I like loose powders and I had a coupon to buy it when it was on sale as buy one get one free. It has a slight shimmer which would probably look great on someone who has flawless skin. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have visible pores on my t-zone area and this luminous powder seems to accentuate them, especially when my face starts getting a little oily. I constantly had to touch up my t-zone area to keep from looking to shiny. I also noticed that if you aren't perfect at applying your foundation, the powder shows it. Sometimes I couldn't tell until I went outside and looked at my makeup. It has a slight orange color that almost looks a little like bronzer or something. Anyway, won't buy it again even if it's on sale.

I would really love this stuff if they made it to be less shimmery! It's almost like wearing glitter on you face. I love the feel of it, but not the glitter look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the bad reviews on this, I love it. The shimmer doesn't bother me too much because it's very subtle. It blends really well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All I can say is...Don't buy this crap!!! It is very chalky, made me look like I put a mask on, PLUS it is orange!!! I bought in Transparent Light, but the product itself seems like a bronzer or something. Don't be fooled by the "naturally luminous" claims, it performs very far from that. My New York Color loose powder actually does a much, much better job. It provides a soft-focus finish, and is transparent on my skin. Thank god Rite Aid has a liberal return policy!!

Bottom Line: The stuff is orange, has useless glitter particles in it, and is chalky!! If you are looking for a bargain, buy New York Color loose powder instead! Just read the reviews for that on MUA...