COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 7/26/2007 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is terrible stuff.... the quality itself is not so bad, but the color range is way off... I am a natural and this was ten times darker on me... and its very orangy.... just looks like cheap bronzer..

LOVE this powder! It does not appear powdery AT ALL and it doesn't look or feel dry on your face. It does have a slight shimmer to it, but I like it, it doesn't seem too unatural. This powder also does a pretty good job of keeping me less oily (which is difficult, because I'm usually an oil slick!).

The ONLY thing I would change about this product is the color selection... the very lightest shade is too dark for me :( However, because I love this powder SO much, I decided to just use a lighter foundation shade, and then set with the powder. This usually balances out the tone. The lightest shade looks perfect on me when I have a slight tan :D

on 8/18/2007 7:36:00 PM

Well I really was looking forward to trying this.I have a good tan so I got the medium shade,big mistake.It is way to dark and a bit orange.
Also the shimmer looks good at first but after just a little while it makes my skin look awful.Will not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is horrible! Made my skin SUPER oily and it turned dark and orange within an hour. It wasn't expensive but I can't see how this powder is useful? I bought this hoping that it would absorb oil and a little shimmer & glow to my complexion but it did not. I would not repurchase this product again!

on 9/9/2007 10:15:00 AM

I see a lot of negative reviews for this product but I really like it. Like other users I have used BE in the past. I had a tub of the BE warmth but I always found it too dark for my fair complexion. I found a solution with this powder. I popped open the top of the BE warmth and added some of the CG Translucent Fair. I created my HG bronzer! Its a little lighter and has a little shimmer now. I also like the powder on its own, it adds a little color and shimmer. Its nice if you wear a matte foundation like I do.

on 11/18/2007 12:11:00 AM

None of these colors seemed to match my skin color at all. It's pretty sad when even the lightest of colors can make you look darker and orange colored. The puff inside is garbage. What I disliked the most was I had to slowly and carefully pry the top off so that no powder flew out and landed on the floor. When I mastered that, with application the powder would just fall onto my chest area. Gosh, I don't want to apply makeup to them! I found this product to be very drying, and I put a good amount of moisturizer on every application because of my natural dry skin. Another big peeve was that I'm not prone to pimples at all. I usually get a couple a month if that, but this clogged so many pores and I broke out badly. I'll stick with my Physicians Formula mineral wear thanks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i have pale skin and blue eyes and i bought the lightest shade called translucent fair and it was to dark and orange. the colors suck and need to be lighter and more neutral. but the powder is nice accept it kinda stings my sensitive skin..it has a light shimmer which is very pretty, does not dry skin out, does not crease into large pores, fine lines and covers up all imperfections. in these categories it works better than foundation but those frigging ugly, non-neutral, dark colors suck and if your skin is sensitive be careful.

I like this product when my skin is oily but when i have dry patches it sticks to them making my skin extremely uneven. I love the shimmer its a very nice touch. The colors are definitely off. I used the translucent fair and it wasn't fair at all. It would be nice in the summer but i wouldn't be able to wear it any other time.

this powder has an unatural orange shade to it. i bought the shade 'translucent light' and its like medium-orange. and also, it gave me cyctic pimples! that was horrible. i'm acne prone, but only on my T zone, and i don't usually get cystic acne, but after i used it i got a few cystic pimples on my cheeks!! ugh. k, i love the actual powder, and the packaging, but maybe if they just changed the colour a bit. but i wouldn't buy it again cause it caused me to have horrible acne, and left me with horrible scars. if you have orange skin though, by all means, this makeup is for you.

This is loose powder from the Trublend line. You get a lot of product for the price, and I think this will last me a long time. I purchased this in translucent fair (I'm NC 20-25) and the color is great. It's got shimmery particles, the "luminous" aspect. This is an ok product that I wouldn't repurchase. The packaging is very flimsy, and the cap get cracked very easily. The product itself is too shimmery for my taste. It looks nice at first but just makes my skin look oily after about an hour. The powder itself is too gritty. Maybe if it was more finely milled I would like it better. There are better loose powders out there.