COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 7/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this powder on the recommendation of my hair stylist. She swore by it, so I had to try it out. I was using B.E. Mineral Veil, beforehand. I didn't see anything that stood out about this powder. As a matter of fact, I actually have another powder from a few years ago from Cover Girl, that's the exact same thing. It's their Translucent Loose Powder. I don't know if they still sell it, but personally I think it's the same product, with a different label. Cover Girl's trying to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but it doesn't compare to Bare Minerals. Anyway, it's a good powder, if you're looking for an affordable finishing powder to set your foundation, but other than that it won't transform your complexion like Bare Minerals does for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this powder runs way too dark and has way too much glitter. it makes my skin look so much greasier than it already is! i really dont like this powder. ive tried to make it work several times by applying it with different brushes & i just cant seem to make it work! i have oily skin & it does nothing to set my foundation. because the color is soo dark, i think i should just try to use this as a sort of bronzer. i'd hate to throw this away...but if i cant make it work, i think im going to have to. i wouldnt repurchase this.

on 6/25/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OKAYY SO LIKE I MEAN I USE THIS PRODUCT IT WORKS WELL ...BUT IT WONT LAST FIVE HOURS BEFORE IT STARTS TO GET OILY ON MY SKIN..WELL FIRST I HAD PREVIOUS ACNE SO I HAVE DARK SPOTS I USE CONCEALER GREAT COVERAGE BUT ..THEN I APPLY THE TRUBLEND AND IT GOES GREAT I HEAD TA WORK OR TO THE MALL AND EXPECT THIS TO LAST IT DOES NOT I FEEL LIKE I JUSS PUT BABYOIL ALL OVER MY NOSE AND CHEEKS ..SO I AM DEF LOOKING FOR A NEW PRODUCT ANY SUGGESTIONS..??

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this in translucent medium. This product comes in a round plastic container w/ a top that can be easily twisted off. Inside, is a powder puff that I personally didn't like to use. This is a good highlighter. Since it is translucent, it doesn't deposit enough color to cover any imperfections. I wouldn't purchase again b/c I don't reach for this enough & it's not really anything special.

on 6/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

This is my official summer powder! I purchased in transparent light and while I do notice the hint of orange to the powder, it works for me. I run on the fair side (NC20) and a lot of powders tend to accentuate my pallor, but this one warms my complexion nicely. I don't notice any shimmer or glitter to it, but it does help further blend out my flaws. I actually use the powder puff that comes with the product because it feels nice across my skin and does a good job of distributing the product. For best use, sprinkle some powder into the lid and rub the puff into the lid to pick up the product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i hate how cover girl tries to deceive customers by saying this has minerals when it's talc based with minimal minerals. plus, theres mineral oil and parabens in this powder. i only bought this because i got cover girls trublend bronzer in golden sunrise for under $5 and it works so well for me and i love it and thought i might feel the same about this.
it's not cheap either at just under $11CND at walmart.
i mind the super fine sparkle particles in this. i got it in translucent medium and it suits my tan skin tone alright.
i actually dont mind the puff thing that comes with it however, it does pick up too much powder, therefore i dont use it often. it's not that great of a setting powder...
also, the top of this is soo hard to get off, i gotta twist and turn and hope it doesnt crack open and make an even bigger problem.
i wont buy this again mainly because of the price along with the misleading claim of minerals, along with it being talc based with parabens and mineral oil..
covergirl is such a fraud.
too glittery which is far from luminous!!!! waste of money for me.
new york color's translucent powder is WAY better for more than half the price of this garbage!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All I can say is...Don't buy this crap!!! It is very chalky, made me look like I put a mask on, PLUS it is orange!!! I bought in Transparent Light, but the product itself seems like a bronzer or something. Don't be fooled by the "naturally luminous" claims, it performs very far from that. My New York Color loose powder actually does a much, much better job. It provides a soft-focus finish, and is transparent on my skin. Thank god Rite Aid has a liberal return policy!!

Bottom Line: The stuff is orange, has useless glitter particles in it, and is chalky!! If you are looking for a bargain, buy New York Color loose powder instead! Just read the reviews for that on MUA...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the bad reviews on this, I love it. The shimmer doesn't bother me too much because it's very subtle. It blends really well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

I would really love this stuff if they made it to be less shimmery! It's almost like wearing glitter on you face. I love the feel of it, but not the glitter look.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave it a try because I like loose powders and I had a coupon to buy it when it was on sale as buy one get one free. It has a slight shimmer which would probably look great on someone who has flawless skin. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have visible pores on my t-zone area and this luminous powder seems to accentuate them, especially when my face starts getting a little oily. I constantly had to touch up my t-zone area to keep from looking to shiny. I also noticed that if you aren't perfect at applying your foundation, the powder shows it. Sometimes I couldn't tell until I went outside and looked at my makeup. It has a slight orange color that almost looks a little like bronzer or something. Anyway, won't buy it again even if it's on sale.