COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 7/7/2009 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin haaates this product. I used it a couple times and my face broke out like crazy. Worse than it has in a long time and it's gonna take another couple days for my poor skin to detox! I wore it for a few hours in the evening and it did not even look good at all by the end of the night. Did nothing for my oily t-zone and made the other areas look overly dry. The first ingredient is talc and it also contains some parabens and mineral oil (mineral oil = BAD for your skin!) It is not oil-free or non-comedogenic. This stuff did not work for me!!

EDIT: Did some research. This contains Isopropyl Myristate. Comedogenicity of 5 and causes grade 1 and grade 2 cosmetic acne.

I hate when I read the reviews first because it puts me in a bad mindset when a product I like gets low reviews (vise versa), but I really do like this powder.. I have clear skin so I don't need anything with MAX coverage, and I am fair complected so it's nice and sheer, before this I barely wore make up at all so it's great..
I use it with a short powder brush, and the coverage is great.. I don't reapply because I don't like my pores to feel dirty

all in all I like this product : )

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

oh where to begin....this powder was an absolute flop. I bought the lightest shade they had, Translucent Fair, and one of my co-workers asked me if I had gone tanning! I immediately realized it was my face powder! In the can it went. Never again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FAIL! I tried this because I love the rest of the Trublend line SO much. The whipped foundation and the pressed powder are HG products. This makes me look like someone got mad at me and threw glitter in my face. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy, well, I would. It's that bad. Good for 11 year old girls, not adults or almost-adults.

This is not a good product. I bought the lightest shade even though i usually do not wear the lightest shade of makeup. It was completely orange and I looked like an oompa loompa. There is a lot of shimmer to the powder and it gives horrible coverage. It's not worth the $12. try clinique

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My first problem with this product was trying to find the right shade. My aquasmooth and my pressed powder from covergirl are two completely different shades. My AS was a 420, my pressed powder a 240 and this powder I bought in 410. Now, my aquasmooth was way too light for me but my pessed powder was even lighter! How is this possible if it's getting darker as the number gets higher? I really don't know. Anyways, I thought this powder was too dark. I could only use this when it's summer time since it'll match my color then. When I first used this, I applied it all over my face once and didn't see a difference. So, I added another layer (not thick either). I still didnt see a difference then I went to school and my face looked so orange and dark! I don't know what happened on my way to school but it was embarassing. I ended up having to wipe it off my face which was no problem. The next day, I only used one layer, which was still too dark for me but throughout the day, if I touched my face for a quick second, I ended up having glitter all over my hands. It came off so easily and my face is not that oily. Anyways, I don't recommend this at all. I think it's a waste of money and you'll end up with a different colored face with glitter all over it.

on 1/11/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Not quite sure where you were going with this one Cover Girl. If you were trying to create a body glitter, you really hit the nail on the head. But a face powder? Be serious. This stuff has more sparkles in it then a 1st grade craft project.

on 12/31/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not long-lasting and its coverage is bad (it is, afterall, a translucent powder). It certainly has mica, but it is not overly shimmery. In fact, the shimmer is hardly noticeable on my face.
So I don't recommend it as a foundation powder, only a setting powder for foundation.

But like many other reviewers before me, the main problem is finding the right colour. The lightest shade, 'translucent fair', is even darker than my light-medium skin tone. It has an orange base (therefore it works better as a light bronzer) and the color in the jar goes on darker when applied to your face...so picking a colour to suit your complexion is a very misleading process.
The moral is: Pale girls like redheads should avoid this powder like the plague.

During those intense summer days, I noticed that it perfectly suits my tanned skin, and it doesn't look too glowy. So this has now become my summer mineral powder.

on 12/11/2008 9:26:00 PM

This product is awful! I can't think of one good thing to say about it. It's wayyy too shimmery, no i take that back it's not shimmer its pretty much glitter! I don't want glitter all over my face. I've used this one time then threw it out. My 16 year old sister didn't even want it cause she said it was too glittery too! I will never buy this again.

on 11/19/2008 3:56:00 AM

I first bought this product for the summer. I tend to tan very easily in the summer then get pale in the winter. so i bought the translucent medium but i never thought it would be so dark. the other translucent medium in the natural loose power is lighter. though it took some getting use to i love it. it can seriously last the whole year so the price is great! also you have to learn how to apply just a little and go over it with a clean powder brush.