Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

Bath and Body Works Temptations Twisted Peppermint body lotion

3.9

on 1/21/2007 5:57:00 AM

I'm not really sure why Bath and Body Works waited to come out with this scent in the fall/winter. With the cooling effect this scent provides both in a lotion and bodywash, it really is more appropriate for use during warmer weather despite the scent's candy cane aroma. To me this smells exactly like a candy cane or peppermint candy. It's a nice scent, not too sweet or strong. The tingling sensation is nice, unless you have sensitive or irritated skin. As I found out, the tingling on irritated skin is akin to a burning sensation--not good. In terms of consistency: I've always avoided these Temptation lotions because the formula seems extremely runny. However, although this lotion is thin, it's surprisingly moisturizing. I did have to rub the lotion into my skin for a couple of minutes for it to finally sink it. Although greasy at first, it eventually sinks into the skin completely, leaving no greasiness at all. I'm not sure yet if I will repurchase--maybe if I saw it again during warmer months I'd be more tempted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the minty-sweet scent of this lotion and the lasting power of the scent is very good. However, I think I will stick to using this lotion only on very small portions of my body or in warmer weather because the tingling sensation is quite extreme. I slathered it all over after my shower today and at first I didn't feel anything. Then after about a minute I felt this tingling sensation and all of a sudden I felt soo cold! I had to get dressed right away but even that didn't help. You just have to wait for the sensation to die down, which it does.

If it was summer I would be loving this stuff. I am going on a tropical vacation this summer and will surely bring this lotion with me to refresh myself and feel cooled off after tanning and the such. I may use this now on just my arms or the dry patches on the backs on my thighs, not all over. I can stand to tingle in just a few small areas. Overall I do like this a lot. I love how the mint is tempered with a sweet, creamy vanilla so its not overpowering. This is no longer available in stores. I got mine off Ebay. Hopefully it will be brought back next X-mas.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the cool tingle; it doesn't make me feel cold, but just fresh. However, I might switch to using it in the mornings, NOT before bed because I'm a little wide awake now :) I love that it goes on smoothly and doesn't leave me greasy. Fabulous texture, scent, everything.

on 12/28/2006 7:09:00 AM

Just like the 3-in-1, the scent is a delicious sugary, minty vanilla. HOWEVER, I put this on after my shower and like the previous reviewer mentioned, it felt like I had Icy Hot all over me, which the 3-in-1 that I love in the matching scent does not do. Not a good feeling on a cold winter night! That tingly feeling lasted about a half an hour too. I think I'll hold onto this and revisit it again in the summer when I may appreciate the cooling sensation a little more.

on 11/30/2006 3:45:00 AM

Lovely Christmas scent. I was so excited to try it. It smells fantastic but please beware when applying this to your body. If you don't like the feeling of icey hot on your body don't do it. I made that mistake and was frozen for at least forty five minutes. :)

on 11/18/2006 12:46:00 PM

I was not really expecting to like this or the Peppermint 3in1 as much as I do. It has such a sweet, candy-like, vanilla scent to temper the peppermint, that it ends up being very nice and wearable. While I love the scent for the winter, I cannot wear this lotion when it's cold in the house. When I put it on right out of the shower, it has such a cooling sensation that I end up freezing. I can't wait to try it in the summer, though!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cool! Actually, quite literally cool, as well, as the peppermint gives a tingling sensation briefly. It has a sweet, sugary vanilla note that lingers and eventually sings over the peppermint in the background. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/13/2006 1:18:00 AM

love it!! I was expecting to not like this, but instead i liked this much more than cinnamon bun, pumpkin pie, and anything else cept for caramel corn and hot chocolate!! BUY IT!! It is FRESH, and HOLIDAY SPIRITED!! You will not get sick of it..it's peppermint, but not TOO much overload of it, with a twist of vanilla! love!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! The first time i saw this, I completely snubbed it. I am so glad that I actually gave this a chance, because I would have missed out! This smells like a sweet peppermint candy with a hint of vanilla. The scent lingers and I often catch whiffs and realize that it is the lotion that i smell. Smells so edible and delicious, that I went back and bought 2 more bottles of this stuff. I love it, but took off one lippie for the burning/ cooling sensation when applied. Nothing painful, just a little annoying for about 10 minutes.

on 11/9/2006 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

HELLO!! This lotion, a vanilla-tinged peppermint, is SUPER bracing. It is almost heated after application. You can really 'feel' the peppermint. Love the scent and the lotion is adequate. Cute novelty for the holiday season. The price is $8, but I got this free with a coupon.

Popular Lotions / Creams