Ardell Brow Perfection Stencils

Ardell Brow Perfection Stencils
Brow Perfection Stencils

Price: $

Price: $

I absolutely love these stencils, but I could see how someone might get frustrated using these incorrectly. I bought them because my eyebrows are shaped differently, one has an arch that is slightly more round, the other more arched and the left is slightly higher than the right. You can't really tell by looking at me, but I noticed how my face was a little 'off' in photographs, and finally pinpointed the problem: eyebrows!
I have a whole method for these!
I start out with a good trim. All the plucking in the world will lead to messy brows if the hairs are the wrong length. I comb all the hairs up towards my hairline, and holding them up with one finger, I snip about 2-3 millimeters off the stragglers, all the way across on every part of the brow. Next, I comb all the hairs down ward and do the same thing. The result is a set of eyebrows with rather tame hair lengths. Over trimming will lead to patchiness- the trick is to do this often, every week or two, the maintenance is well worth it. Step two: I find the stencil where the arch matches mine the best. That means the majority of my hair will fall inside the stencil when I lay it over the brow- don't pick a stencil that looks nice but is far from reality! Mine happened to be 'Elegant'. I took a sharpened white eye liner, and shaded the entire open area directly onto my eyebrow. To get nice clean edges, I made sure to draw from the edge of the stencil inwards into the hairs. At this point, it helps to have a friend check to make sure that both the brows are level and spaced equally apart from your nose. Then finally, plucking! I plucked all the hairs that weren't covered completely in white. Hairs that were semi covered- most of the follicle, just the ends sticking out- I took the small scissors and trimmed off the uncolored part. It sounds awfully complicated, but it's not once you get the hang of it. I'm now pleased to say that with these stencils, a pair of nice tweezers and small scissors, I now have very even, nice eyebrows that I only have to set with wax in the morning.
Oh- another plus! These stencils are plastic, they clean easily- just wipe them down with makeup remover. Some of the other ones are cardboard and get soggy when wet/stain.

I bought these to help to groom/shape my brows. I struggled with these for quite a while and then just gave up. First, the stencils are quite thin and have sharp arches, not very natural looking. I have very 'wierd' brows, they just grow downwards, which make it impossible to groom myself. I guess this would be good for people that have 'nicer' brows. I just put these up for swap now and leave my brows to the professionals.

on 6/19/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So, I just picked these up today and I must say I love them! I was always interested in the Anastasia brow kit, and the stencils that came with them... but there is no where to get Anastasia in Canada (at least not locally) so when I was in Lawtons today and saw them for $4.99 I thought it would be a great thing to try, because if they don't work for me then I haven't spent $20. Only one seems to really work for me... glamorous. But I have always had thin eyebrows naturally so no plucking was required. This was a good guide & shape. The plastic is a bit big, but like everyone has said SCISSORS! For refrence I am a dirty blonde and I used MAC's Omega eyeshadow for a powder.
Great price & Great product!

on 1/14/2009 3:30:00 PM

Probably one of the best purchases I've ever made. I never realized what a difference nice eyebrows make until I tried these. Superb, very easy to use and dirt cheap. I used the method of outlining with white eyeliner. That seemed to work well. I also cut off the bottom half of the stencil so it wasn't poking into my eye.

on 1/8/2009 8:03:00 PM

What a great find! I just bought these today and am so excited to start reshaping my eye brows with a nicer arch. The pack comes with 4 stencils, so you're such to get one that will suit your face shape. Much better investment than more expensive brands. Will definitely take the tips of other MUA-ers and trim these a little so I can see what I'm doing more clearly!

on 12/31/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm just a beginner when it comes to shaping my own brows, and this was the easiest thing imaginable. Using a black brow pencil, I traced over my own out of control brows with the Delicate stencil, and plucked what was outside the outline. I think I'll use concealer or a white pencil next time, just to make it a little easier. After shaping my own, I even did my sister's and even though she panicked the entire time, the was really happy with the final result. I also love the fact that these are reasonably priced ($4.19 @ Rite Aid), as opposed to some of the pricier stencil kits I've seen at Sephora. And I'm sure they work just as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This little pack of 4 stencils is a great buy. It comes with four different shapes, Glamarous, Elegant, Delicate and Classic. The only one that really works for my brows is Elegant. I just outline my eyebrows in white eyeliner---and if I don't have that, I just put concealer over my brows, then tweeze away at the hairs outside the line. I do like to leave my eyebrows a little longer then the stencil shows. They are a bit big, but nothing a pair of scissors can't handle. Great buy for a little price! :)

on 12/9/2008 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love these just got them today. i needed some good stencils and i was really close to buying the anastacia ones but they were a bit too pricey. I can't decide between the Elegant stencil or the Glamorous one. One thing i don't like is that when you put them on it covers your eye, but nothing some scissors cant fix.

on 9/23/2008 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought the ardell brow perfection stencils to help me pluck my eyebrows uniformly. i use it as a guideline to check if my eyebrows are symmetrical. i don't necessarily follow the exact design on the stencil because i like to play around with my own thickness and shape. they are pretty large so i had to trim them down. it's a great buy at $4.19 from target if you like the shapes they provide. i prefer the anastasia shapes. the anastasia shapes are swoopy and the ardell's have a sharper angle. both are a little too thin for my taste though.

on 7/11/2008 6:47:00 PM

The only other stencils I have even looked at are Anastasia's and I am not willing to pay $20 for a stencil. Plus hers all seem like the same shape that just vary in slimness! The Ardell ones are actually different shapes to give more of an arch or curve, depending on the look you want. I find them very easy to work with (I use one hand to hold it in position while I use the other to apply brow powder). And when the day comes that my stencil finally cracks or breaks or I lose it, it won't kill me to have to buy it again.

Popular Brows Products