MAC Cosmetics Velvet 6 Smoked Eyes Holiday 2006 Palette

No Image

4.7

on 11/23/2006 12:02:00 AM

I had a makeover at the MAC one day and I asked the girl to use this palette on me and to show me how I can create looks at home with it. It is really a breeze, keeping in mind that the colors are very versatile and complement each other so well. I got this palette right then and there. Today I passed by the MAC counter again and was told that it's all sold out now. Boy, am I glad I snagged one!!!!

on 11/22/2006 10:19:00 PM

Everyone has described this palette so well. I just wanted to add that this is a purchase you will not regret. It is easy to get a smoked eye look with this product. Plus the packaging is so cute!

on 11/20/2006 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

There isn't much to add to the other reviews, but I agree this is a very well thought out/coordinated palette and I adore it.

on 11/19/2006 10:05:00 PM

I absolutely adore this palette. I used it to create a smoky eye for my SO's college semi-formal. I got several compliments that night on my makeup. I use:

Malt as a base color

Vex as a wash
Satin Taupe from my lash line to right above my crease
Club in the crease
Gentle Fume below Club
Black Tied smudged as a liner

For a simpler look during the day I use Malt, Vex, & Satin Taupe continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the most thoughtful, well picked colors to be placed in a palette dedicated to the fine art of creating smokey eyes! Finally, MAC has answered virtually every woman's prayer for an all encompassing classy eye palette!!
I bought the last one at Macy's located in downtown SF!!! I made history, Yeah BABY!!!

on 11/17/2006 10:14:00 AM

Love this palette! Really, there's nothing more to be said about it that hasn't been covered in detail below. Love the colors, love the staying power. I'm an NW 15, and I can't imagine anyone these colors wouldn't look great on.

This palette also looks fantastic with the Nightfish fluidline.

Nothing negative at all about this product... Okay, I'm ambivalent about the included brush.

on 11/17/2006 10:07:00 AM

Wow. Stunning. I think that says it all, doesn't it?

on 11/17/2006 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite eye palette this year, and this is the one that I reach out for on a daily basis. I've always wanted to try out more MAC colors and this is a perfect way to experiment. In my opinions, MAC hit the home run with this one as it contains some of the most popular and versatile colors. I've created numerous combinations with this palette, and this is the ONLY one that I need to create both day and night looks. Also, the shades are very blendable, if you want a even more dramatic looks, just add a bit of water. $36 is a bargain for this set. Run to get this before it's sold out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my first introduction to MAC. I've been wanting to try their e/s and after reading all the great reviews on this palette, I decided to pick one up for myself finally. So glad I did! It really is such a beautiful palette. Looks fantastic on! The compact is sleek with a nice big mirror. So impressed by the product, five lippies!

on 11/14/2006 11:48:00 PM

Lovely little palette! this is the first MAC e/s palette i've gotten this year :D i really like the colors- i m NC20-30 with dark brown eyes, dark brown hair. i think this palette will work for everyone. it can b used for both neutral and smoky looks. the brush seems pretty cute but useless- i prefer the bigger ones from the holidazzle and jewel collection from the past holiday collections. i really wish that this palette has an off-white shade as a base (like warm one) but i'll juz get a pan later to solve this problem. i am glad the colors are not limited ed- i can get them aft this runs out. just hope the beady thing won't snap... looks fragile