Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/19/2010 12:03:00 AM

Love this pallet! I love blending Last Call and Grifter together, they make a perfect pinkish purple color. Sin and the other light colors look fabulous on fair skin when trying not to attract too much attention. I've also had this for about 2, maybe even 3 years now and none of the colors have run out yet. Just wish it wasn't as expensive as it is.

on 7/18/2010 2:04:00 AM

I got this as a gift. Im not really a neutral fan so this palette wasnt amazing for me. I love oil slick tho. Its so pigmented & glittery. It also sets my black eyeliner and makes it last all day. I wanted to use polyester bride as a brow highlight, but no color showed up, just glitter. All of the colors are super pigmented and smooth (except the blue and purple shade are not that pigmented, but thats good if your not used to colors) i wouldnt have bought this palette myself, but im not giving it a back rating since it is a nice palette, just not for me.

on 7/16/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great colors and long lasting when worn with primer potion! I use this palette often and love it!

on 7/14/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette because I heard lots of good reviews on it.

The colors are really pretty and, very pigmented. I first used this palette for a day look. I noticed there is quite a bit of fall out when I applied the colors to my lid. The colors do show up on my skin as quite shimmery. A little too shimmery for something I would prefer to wear in the daytime.

I would probably repurchase this palette as I do like the colors and, it would be perfect for a night out to the club or dinner with the girls.

on 7/12/2010 4:23:00 PM

The colors are really pigmented.
I only really use Chopper, Smog, Polyiester bride and Sin ( which I've hit
Pan). for a smokey eye.
I don't use the other, last call and oil slick are waaay to pigmented.
The blue is pretty, but I never use it. And the. Purple is really light.
I'm repurcing cuz I only some the colors. Gave it a 4 cuz the clors I do
Use are awesome.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Wasn't impressed with this palette and ended up swapping it away. The only colors I enjoyed were sin and smog. I felt like the rest of the colors were far to glittery and the textures were gritty. Not to mention, glitter fallout everywhere. Also, the packaging bubbled and warped.

I love the beautiful pigmented shadows in this palette. This is my first big Urban Decay purchase and my first e/s palette beside the Coastal Scents palette and coming from a girl who has always used cheapy drugstore eyeshadows, the difference is remarkable. Used in conjunction with the Primer Potion sample I recieved from Sephora, the color stayed in place all day with no creases whatsoever, which is amazing because my lids are super oily and everything else falls off .. not to mention were in the middle of a ninety five plus degree heat wave right now!! I love this palette and I would absolutely repurchase should I ever run out, and this has totally inspired me to see what else UD has to offer. Took off one lippie because the glitter in certain shadows (especially Maui Wowie) does fall out pretty terribly, but Ill deal. Overall, I LOVE IT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the Summer of Love palette which has Smog, Chopper && Maui Wowie, but i wanted to get this palette since i love them for when i travel!
Smog- VERY pigmented bronze color. Im cool/neutral && this doesnt look gross or orange on me
Mildew- A dark green color. Im not really a fan of this since if im going to do green, ill use UD Graffiti. Mildew is good if your just getting into color
Oil Slick- ♥♥♥♥ I am obsessed with black eyeshadow && this is perfect! Its super pigmented and glittery!
Last Call- I would say this color is lighter than maroon. Its a deep pink with purple tones in it && it looks sort of red? Its really pigmented and it has a slight iridescence.
Chopper- Bronze color with slight orange tones, but it looks good on my cool/neutral skin. Some glitter but not much
Maui Wowie- A nice antique gold color, but in some lighting it looks like it has slight green tones (on me at least)
Shattered- Dont really like this one. Im a huge fan of blue eyeshadow, but i like UD Minx or UD Peace instead. They are more vibrant.
Polyester Bride- A nice brow highlight. It has very /slight/ silver tones to it but its mostly frosty white with subtle shimmer
Grifter- Not a fan.. its not that pigmented. Its good for somebody who doesnt like color eyeshadow, or is afraid to wear it.
Sin- Super pigmented & smooth. UD says its champagne color but i think it has slight pink tones to it. Its really really pretty!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was my first high-end eyeshadow/eyeshadow palette. I had been planning to buy single mac shadows but one of those is 15 euros while the whole UD palette (10 shadows) cost 33 euros. I am aware that they are smaller than mac,but i dont use eyeshadows every day,so it made sense to buy the ammo palette. On to the palette :)
I LOVE these eyeshadows. the palette is a perfect mix of pretty neutrals such as sin (champagne colour with a slight shimmer), smog(gorgeous bronze-y brown with a gold sheen) and maui wowie (an almost true gold with glitter particales), and colours such as a pretty green and plum. Which brings me to the next part. there is slightly chunky glitter in 5 of ten of these eyeshadows. This clearly bothers some based on reviewers. it doesnt bother me,i just apply them wet and they go on perfectly. I like the packaging,big mirror and a strong magnet. it can get a tad bashed with travel,but its the product inside that counts,right?

This was my first purchase into the world of high-end makeup last fall, and it was a good first step. While there are no mattes, there is both satins and glitter shadows. The glitter shadows have quite a bit of fallout, but if you shake out the brush and do eye makeup before face makeup it is manageable. The eyeshadows are pigmented, easy to blend, and have a selection that not only can flatter all eye colors but also can be used throughout the seasons.

The magnet in the palette is also handy and secure, so that it is not difficult to open by hand but won't fall open if it's in a bag while traveling. The applicator was lost along time ago, with little to no use- just a sponge tip.