Urban Decay AMMO Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay AMMO Eyeshadow Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The reviewer before me is so like me- lol! I also HAVE to have shimmery/glittery makeup otherwise I seem to look plain weird. Matte makeup is a no- go area. So this palette was made for me! At 20 for 10 shadows, and concidering this is UD, I think that is a very reasonable price. Hell, I have paid 20 for duos! Each shadow is a decent size, and there is an amzing variety of shadows. the apckaging is gorgeous, and the magnet closure is strong and secure. The mirror inside is also good- good size. What is with the crappy sponge applicator though? Ew? I don't think so UD...! Okay, so lets start with Smog. SMOG: This is a dark bronze. It sounds scary, but it looks amazing as a crease, liner, or just plain shadow! I love this colour and I use it for bronze smokey-eyed looks for a more daytime look. Love it!
MAUI WOWIE: This is a light gold- really pretty. It has glitter in it, but I didn't find that there was a lot of it? I use this to highlight on the centre of my lid, and for a natural all- over colour. Beautiful colour, also one of my faves.
MILDEW: Medium- dark gold toned green. This is similar to my MAC fiction, except a little different (if you know what I mean!) I like to pair it with fiction, or with a little Maui Wowie. I don't use it that much, but it is a nice colour. Really smooth, silky texture. SHATTERED: Oh no! I have never, ever been able to wear blues. Especially periwinkle blues like this one! I really had to make this work for me. I wash it over my lid, and then pair it with Polyester bride for a cool- blue sparkly white. Silver liner, and I'm done. After playing around with this I LOVE it, and I find it goes best with Maui wowoie and Mildew. It is so wearable, I think because of the golden undertones. Boy was I wrong about this one at first!
OIL SLICK: Ahh! Black! Severe!Yes, it is all of those things. Love this for creating smokey eyes for nightime looks, or simply for adding darker tones to my looks. I didn't find the sparkles too bad.
POLYESTER BRIDE: I would buy this for the name alone lol! Actually as a highlighter it was just okay. There was WAY too much glitter in this one. It gave a nice pearly sheen- as a highlighter should- but deposited too much sparkle. I do quite like it though, when all said and done.
LAST CALL: Everyone loves this one, right? I don't. It looks gorgeous in the pan- a dark red wine colour, with a purpley hint to it. Morphed into hot pink- red on my lids. Not good. However made it look good by pairing a thick layer of it with a light layer of Smog. Thanks to this I am quite partial to blending this shadow into other things.
GRIFTER: Okay, forgive me here, I HATE this one with a passion. As a cool toned, blonde haired, blue eyed FFF I thought this lavender pink would look Fabulous! Hell no. Looked like I had freakin' pink eye. The glitter? Made up 70% of the pan. The colour payoff itsn't that good either. Use this as a highlighter now, for an edgy look.
CHOPPER: Simple glittery gold. Nice, good colour, not too much sparkle, good for my smokey bronze look as the all over lid colour. Very versitaile.
SIN: I am actually in love with this. Swipe it on for a soft pearly natural look that is so gorgeous on its own. Or, if you can bear to cover it up, as a base! I am forever using it- if you end up buying singles from this palette- make this one of them. I SO am buying this when I run out.
All in all, I love this palette. I love experimenting with the different colours. I took a lippie off for the colour I wasn't so partial to. I would take a photo- but much better ones have been posted already! Thank goodness I bought this palette- now I know what works for me! continued >>