The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I had never used TBS products, but my best friend bought some stuff and got a makeup bad full of free porducts which she gave to me to try. This is actually a pretty decent mascara. Its not the best out there but it does give volume, dont clump up, and its easy to take-off.

on 3/14/2009 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a freebie and I was excited, because the brush looked nice. I think the brush is really nice, but the formula is terrible. I never have a problem with mascara smearing under my eyes, but with this one, I did. It did not lengthen or thicken. It did add color, but I'd expect that of any mascara.

Not recommended.

on 3/4/2009 12:23:00 AM

I got a freebie from my cousin last Christmas. I was surprised cause I'm not usually into TBS cosmetics. This one is pretty good. No smudging, easy to remove, no clumping, looks natural. It doesn't cause any stiff lashes. It looks good even when I'm lazy to curl my lashes. It isn't a mascara for dramatic lashes. But it's a good staple for my everyday use.

**UPDATE: I didn't know how bad this was until my friend saw me wearing this mascara and asked what happened to my lashes. I used to wear better mascaras that accentuate my lashes. She said I was better off not wearing this mascara cause it didn't do a thing and cause my lashes to droop instead. So I've stopped and switched back to my Japanese mascaras. Changed my review from a 4 to 2.

on 2/22/2009 11:57:00 AM

I got a free trial size of this mascara in black. It does give quite a lot of volume but I find it very clumpy. Too much product comes out on the wand and it's difficult to control, even though I always comb through the eyelashes after applciation.

on 2/7/2009 7:35:00 PM

I just got this product yesterday and I expected the best seeing as it was $22 here in WA state. It is nice but doesn't provide volume or any length. I accidentally picked it up in brown but figured that it would still be fine. It isn't the best for the price you have to pay. I would not buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Very good mascara - this is good for daytime use for me. It does lengthen, nothing over the top or anything, and it doesn't clump with the first coat (I always use an eyelash brush anyway). It makes my lashes look longer and fuller without making me look like I am going out on the town. Doesn't flake off and lasts all day. I didn't have any issues with eye sensitivity or anything and I wear contacts. It does seem to come out a bit thick however but that didn't seem to be an issue. Other than that this is just a good, basic mascara and at a pretty good price. Would repurchase.

on 12/31/2008 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Smudges like crazy on my oily lids. Doesn't hold curl nor length very well even after I've crimped my lashes. Very disappointing product, even more so sinceTBS products are pretty pricey from where I'm from.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favortie but it has compition with TBS's new Divide and Mulitply mascara...

on 7/6/2008 9:30:00 AM

I like this mascara. Its not clumpy at all and gives a nice look, but nothing amazingly special. As far as price its not as expensive as benefit etc but more expensive than something like maybelline, so its about mid-range. I think my main complaint would have to be the price, because it doesnt do anything special to your eyelashes, but does have a nice effect. I bought this after recieving a free sample, which I believe actually had a better brush than this as it gave a more dramatic effect. Good for everyday use but not if you're looking for any fantastic effects.

This was seriously love at first swipe! I can't get enough, love the brush, will buy over and over again!!!