The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/4/2010 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mama purchased this for me. She has a huge fetish for The Body Shop items and I really like this brand, too. I don't really like this mascara, though. It smudged within the first hour, started to irritate my eyes a little but (but not as much as the waterproof mascara). One thing I'd like to point out about this mascara is the packaging. It's AMAZING. The cap actually makes a clicking noise once you close it to let you know that your tube is fully closed. It's very reassuring and keeps the mascara lasting longer.

I do really like this mascara, but it is far from perfect.
I have gone through about 3 tubes so far, so I have given it a good try. The mascara is actually at its best when it is almost gone. When it is a bit dry it does amazing things to your lashes. It really feathers them out, which is exactly what I'm looking for in a mascara. I like my lashes to look "unnatural" but nice and soft without clumps or nastiness.
The best application I have found is when I use a sparse coat of this mascara, let it dry for a min (I usually do my eyebrows between the coats) and then use another mascara over it - preferably one with a spiky silicone brush.
The brush that comes with this mascara isn't great. It picks up too much of the product, and you really need to scrape it off well when the tube is new.
If you do put on too much it takes a long time to dry, but if you manage to get a really thin coat (trust me, a thin coat will cover and define really well) it dries quickly.

The product smells really nice, almost a bit like honey.

I will keep purchasing this mascara, but I won't say it's my HG.

This is the only mascara I have ever worn where I keep getting questions about my lashes - what mascara I am using etc.

on 3/27/2010 4:23:00 AM

I got a sample version of this product when I purchased a few other things from TBS, & was surprised by how well a freebie could be. But the more I played with it, the more I fell in love with it. Next thing I knew I used the entire thing & was at the store buying the full-sized version. They were sold out of black so on a whim I bought brown. I never thought I'd be into brown mascara at all (to me, the blacker the better,) but the brown was so interesting! It brought more light to my eyes & was just super cute.. I dunno. I could go on, but that's not totally relevant. I also have pretty full lashes, & these could coat them in about one coat. Two coats will make your eyes pop, like you're wearing false eyelashes. Here's the long & the short of it.. Pros: Doesn't smudge, easy removal, lashes aren't stiff, adds GREAT volume, length & thickness. The brush is great also. It's more versatile, unlike lash blast who's brush is just way too bulky & needs a taper so bad! Cons: Sometimes has trouble holding a curl, but I was wearing it in a very humid work place & sweating. (At least it didn't smudge! Also, if you heat up your eyelash curler with a blowdryer that could help.. My eyelashes personally, just have a tendency to fall..) & it clumps a little bit, but if you're savvy with your application & wipe the lumps on the tube before you apply, it's not really a big problem at all. I'm currently working through a Lash Blast tube of mascara, but will probably go back to this mascara afterward because I miss it so!

on 3/20/2010 10:44:00 PM

I normally would never consider buying this product without reading the reviews, however I asked the SA for her opinion on a good mascara they had. She suggested this one or the divide and multiply, and I chose this in black. She assured me if I did not like it that I could def. return it, but I don't think I will be doing that. However, I don't think I would repurchase this. I have been using Lash Blast for about 2 years straight and love the look it gives me, but hate the feeling of fake, hard lashes. This, is soft, and much more natural looking and feeling, however it is sort of sticky, takes a long time to dry after just one coat, and it does not hold a curl that well. The pro is that my eyelashes are not hard and dry and it doest not flake. It can clump easily so you have to be careful to apply it carefully. I feel like this might be comparable to full n soft from the drugstore. Not a bad product at all, but doesnt offer everything I need from a mascara.

on 11/30/2009 11:53:00 AM

I tried this on in the store in Cobalt and loved it. It looked like a true royal blue. Within an hour though it's just an unnoticeable navy color that made my lashes stiff. I don't wear eyelash primer and don't really want to have to, so decided this was a no-go. I returned it, and would not recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of TBS products, and i bought this mascara because a friend recommended it to me. Its not that bad, i've tried worse- but i was a little disappointed as it did not meet the standard i was expecting.
Good Points:
- does lengthen your eyelashes
- gives a natural look
-dries quickly
-lot of product
-nice brush that provided full coverage of each eyelash
-covers the corners and lower lashes well

Bad Points:
-can clump when you put multiple coats
- some lashes do not separate, very well
-too much product comes on the brush, and you have to wipe some off, and can get a bit messy when you try putting it on, and there is too much formula on the brush
- lashes go a bit limp hours after you apply the mascara.
-smudges and rubs off

I would not buy this again, because i feel that there are other, much better mascara's out there; however this is not a bad back up mascara and i still do adore The Body Shop

Was excited when I first got this product, but when I wore it, I noticed it didn't give me 'super volume' nor did it lengthen very well. It also tends to smude towards the end of the day. The formula is not very good, and I would not recommend buying it at all. It was a huge dissapointment.

I actually love this mascara as much as i love my diorshow mascara. I got a sample size for purchasing their items and i'm very happy with it. I thought this mascara is a waste, but after using it i just can't stop looking into the mirror! I love how this mascara separate each my lashes and this mascara also buildable so i can achieved longer lashes. I also don't need to use any eyelash curler because the brush itself makes my lash curl! Amazing.The only cons that i hate about this mascara is, it easily get smear especially when i'm sweating. Other than that, it just perfect.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in Cobalt and love it. It is one of the few colored mascaras that show up. The SA at the store told me to use a primer underneath for the color to show better, that worked. It gives good length, with the primer it is a little too long so I sometimes apply it without. It holds a curl pretty well and clumps are easily resolved with a mascara comb afterwards. Has some kind of smell to it, but doesn't bother me.

on 4/21/2009 9:12:00 PM

personally, it gave me too much length and not enough volume

I have really long lashes, so anything that has more lengthening than thickening just makes my eyes look really weird