The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara
Super Volume Mascara

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/8/2008 10:43:00 PM

I had to go to several stores because they were always out of stock, I was excited to try this after reading all the good reviews. Didn't clump nor flake but won't hold my curl and I always use an eyelash curler. It was an ok mascara, made my lashes darker but no noticeable increase in volume or length. Made my eyes burn a little. Will not buy again.

on 10/26/2007 4:06:00 PM

The brush is very good and the mascara doesn't clump and gives lots of volume as promised. However, it feels wet all the time, like you have something on your eyelashes. This feeling got really irritating and I had to take it off after a while.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty good mascara. Decent length and volume. I keep buying it because it's cruelty free and doesn't smudge. It doesn't last well though. I find it is half gone by noon. I will keep hunting for a decent, truly cruelty free mascara, but in the meantime this is my go to.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

As per most of the reviews, I totally agree with the great day time mascara. I have very long lashes, however they are thin, so volume is extremely important to me and I apply my mascara in a back and forth motion (rather than root to tip up and down) as I need to fill in the gaps. Lets just say it took 2 lengthy coats to get the "volumizing" effect, so I cheated actually and did the 3rd with a little bit of my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Curve Alert. Body Shop is wonderful as they are earthy products and I find all of their mascaras def day time friendly. I will re purchase becuase I love the smell, brush and packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's great as a daytime mascara, it lengthens and volumises well however it just isn't what I'm looking for. It smudges easily throughout the day, which is a huge problem. It does volumise but not as much as I would like. If you want a natural mascara get this but if you want something dramatic don't get it. The lengthening properties are fabulous however and separates perfectly with no clumps. However, not the mascara for me unfortunately!

on 2/6/2011 8:26:00 AM

I've been wearing this mascara for some time now and I have to say that it's a good mascara. However, it's not one of the best I've tried, it doesn't wow me. It is lacking in the volume-department. I wish it made the lashes a bit fuller. On the plus side it's easy to take off, doesn't irritate the eyes and provides good length. Also the staying power is very good and it doesn't smudge. A nice everyday mascara but lacks that little extra necessary in order for me to consider it a really good mascara. I am unsure whether I'd repurchase it or not.

I think if you're looking for a volumised day time look, then this mascara is for you. Personally, I was hoping for a more full, sex kitten look I could wear at night. Instead I ended up with a day mascara, but I prefer my day mascara to be lengthening. It doesn't hurt my sensitive eyes and it's easily taken off.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of TBS products, and i bought this mascara because a friend recommended it to me. Its not that bad, i've tried worse- but i was a little disappointed as it did not meet the standard i was expecting.
Good Points:
- does lengthen your eyelashes
- gives a natural look
-dries quickly
-lot of product
-nice brush that provided full coverage of each eyelash
-covers the corners and lower lashes well

Bad Points:
-can clump when you put multiple coats
- some lashes do not separate, very well
-too much product comes on the brush, and you have to wipe some off, and can get a bit messy when you try putting it on, and there is too much formula on the brush
- lashes go a bit limp hours after you apply the mascara.
-smudges and rubs off

I would not buy this again, because i feel that there are other, much better mascara's out there; however this is not a bad back up mascara and i still do adore The Body Shop

on 4/21/2009 9:12:00 PM

personally, it gave me too much length and not enough volume

I have really long lashes, so anything that has more lengthening than thickening just makes my eyes look really weird

I had never used TBS products, but my best friend bought some stuff and got a makeup bad full of free porducts which she gave to me to try. This is actually a pretty decent mascara. Its not the best out there but it does give volume, dont clump up, and its easy to take-off.