Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder MakeupDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

on 5/11/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

after using it for the past 3 weeks..i can conclude that i hate this product..it has limited range of color n my EL sa had mistakenly gv me slightly darker shade..which turned out to a totally bad color match n i hate its pinkish undertone.. maybe this product is not suitable for asian because most of us hv yellowish skin tone.
FYI i've been blessed with a very oily & acne prone skin and thank god this powder did not break me out so far n it has a good and buildable coverage. but for me it does not stay in place at all especially in my hot & humid country..it almost wear off by noon or after 4 hours of wearing.. the powder also easily transferable to clothes and tissues..i think it just a bad luck and im happy for those of you who love this product so much..i'll continue searching for another products :)

on 4/21/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

eh, I am a weird makeup person in the fact that if I use a liquid fndt of a certain brand, i like to have a matching powder from THE SAME BRAND. ie- i LOVE double wear light at normal liquid foundation and wanted this to be equally awesome to set or do touchup....

unfortunately, this looks shiny upon application and doesn't hold up to its 'double wear' name. the best way i can describe this foundation is to compare it to bare minerals. it looks like bare minerals and wears like bare minerals...and im NOT a fan of the shiny/totally NOT long lasting qualities of bare minerals. my skin is oily enough, i dont need more shine.

the best powder i've found is merle norman luxiva ultra powder

on 4/15/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

It does not last that long. It lasted a half day on my oily skin. When I was using this I broke out with small little bumps and it doesn't really stay in place. It also contains fragrance. Sensitive skin and acne-prone people beware.

on 4/3/2011 10:39:00 PM

I have this in 1N1 Ecru. It looks a million times lighter than the liquid 1N1 Ecru. I felt like the pigmentation was so light and provided no coverage for my skin. I would never use this alone.

Heck, I dont even prefer this to set my makeup with. I feel like I have to blot much earlier than my normal when I use this powder. I'm not a fan. It's horrible knowing this will sit unused and unloved in my makeup rejects bin. Haha I just don't care for it, but I don't hate it. It's just okay.

on 3/12/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using the Double Wear liquid foundation for about a year and I loved the good coverage, but it feels too heavy. A few days ago I was at an outlet store and saw this powder foundation. I bought it on a whim because it was cheaper than the department store price, and it was the exact color as my liquid foundation.
The coverage is very good. I like the velvety feel of it. I've never used it wet; only used it with a dry sponge. It events out my skin tone and hides discolorations. So I love that. But unfortunately it looks very shiny almost immediately. I have very oily skin to begin with, so the additional shiny look doesn't help. If it wasn't for that, I would love the coverage and the even tone that it gives. I think it would be perfect for someone with drier or normal skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This powder isn't to impressive. To be honest, my Maybelline Dream Matte powder & MAC Studio Fix Powder work 10 times better then this. I stopped using my Dream Matte for a few months because I had purchased this and I always had to deal with this oxidizing and just looking so cakey. I gave up trying to make this work. For $48.00, I really regret purchasing this. The color I chose was the lightest (NC20-25 for ref.) and I found that it had a gray tinge at times....I'm glad this works for some people, but for me its a waste of cash. As much as I adore the Doublewear liquid foundation, this doesn't compare to it. Now I'm stuck with a powder I only used a handful of time and a very cranky Estee Lauder rep. who would not let me return it. As for the claims that this is long lasting, I have to disagree- I always had to touch up throughout the day & was left with such an oily face just after 2 hours of applying this, and then it would just turn orange. Really disappointed :( but I'm happy I have powders that work great for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So far, this is my HG foundation powder, but I'm not opposed to switching to something else, if I find something better. I use it in my daily routine. It has good staying power, but I do notice that I get a little shiny in my t-zone after several hours. It looks very natural on me (I know others reviewers had complained about it making them look dull/unnatural) and gives a nice light-medium coverage which evens out the skin tone perfectly and provides a little coverage too. My only complaint is the price. I wish I could find it cheaper, but I always try to get it when EL is doing giveaways.

on 1/8/2011 6:31:00 AM

I started to use this powder makeup after Lancome loose powder. A yearago i did use EL Double Wear liquid when my skin needed more coverage and I was happy with it. Now i don't need to cover so much, just to even out skin tone and structure. And ii must say that EL powder makeup copes with it perfectly.Almost perfectly.
So the benefits are:
even toned skin, no accentuated pores, no setting in fine lines (oh-its-a-miracle!). I have dehydrateted skin (kind of dry-normal, but in hot weather it can be oily) with visible pores and postacne. And i do like the fact that this powder doesn't dry out my skin though i've always thought that dehydratated skin will prefer more emollient formula
Coverge: I would say light medium, enough to even out skin tone, or even cover a fading acnespot. It doesn't look "powdery", it looks like semi-matte veil, which is possible to achieve by light liquid foundations, but it's not so noticeable onthe skin, IMHO.
Colour range: I am pale and i was surprised to discover that Ecru is even porde lighter thanshell, asin liquid EL Double Wear i used Shell, the lightest shade, which still was a bit dark.
Staying power: for me it lasts up to 8 hours, then the skin is getting a bit shiny, especially T-zone, but the makeup on the whole is still in place and what should be covered is covered even after 8 hours.
A little drawback: After 5-6 hours i start feeling that i am wearing smth on my face. It's not that uncomfortable, but it's still a feeling. And as i've mentioned, T-zone may shine fter a while, but i think that this is because of SPF.

It hasn't clogged my pores so far.

I would recommend to use some lighter moisturiser with this powder to avoid shiny T-zone, as i feel this powder is not lightweight. And those with oily skin...well, you should be careful to try it.

An it's definetely nota summer variant, but it's ok for me during winter and i hope during spring too!

on 12/13/2010 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

im pretty happy with this product.........it done a super job of keeping my t-zone looking matte. i wear this over double wear liquid makeup and my skin looks really clear and matte all day and the products are so good that there a bitch to get off lol some people say double wear is cakey but i don't find it cakey at all and to be honest i think mac studio fix is way more cakey then this. the only down point was the colour match because the sales girl gave me a shade lighter but apart from that i would buy again

on 12/4/2010 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

can u say systic acne!? every time i used this the new one and the one from 2 yrs ago i get little bumps all over my face blackheads galore! but i love the airbrushed look of pf over my doublematte so i switched to lancome dual infinity and its sooo much better the way it looks when u put it on get perfection over foundation it stays!! for hoursss the el gets oily and melts too! switch to lancome!

EDIT***********************

OKAY SO AFTER A YEAR OR TWO. i bought the NEW FORMULA. YES IT IS NEW. and i wear it sometimes by itself but then i put a oil free light powder over it and it looks good. but its love over my oil free foundation fross estee. u gotta try double matte its amazing stuff!! i wear that with this over it but mostly i wear it with maybeliene matte powder foundation over it and it stays all day and looks flawless. the double wear powder looks great for like other have said a nite.. not a whole day it just melts and doesnt last. it looks so pretty at first but it really clogs ur pores. the other one mentioned the maybeliene is the best duope i have found for this pretty look but it stays and the Estee on does not stay. also do not try the double matte version powder it looks like shit. not pretty! the lancome powder foundation duope for this is about the same issue also laddies.! it doesnt cover as much and it melts more also leaves acne not as much as this but enough!! to make u double think using it ever again