Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder MakeupDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

about 6-7 months ago i bought this powder for about 35 dollars. well actually my mom bought it for me. but it sucks. i mean i feel like im paying for the packaging because the product just doesnt work well. it claims that it is oil obsorbing. but after about an hour my face was extremley oily. it isnt very buildable either. i try to build it up a little and my face looks EXTREMLEY powdery and cakey. i have to use one swipe on eachh side of my face otherwise it willl not look good at all. i am trying sooooooooo hard to use it up! but urgg. since i use so little of it a day it lasts FOREVER! its been about 6 months or so and im not even 1/4 wayy through. but overall i wouldnt repurchase.

on 8/15/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely one of my favourite powder foundations. I 100% swear by Estee Lauder double wear liquid foundation as i am on the go at work all day and this is the perfect way to touch up lightly after lunch or if i have to be somewhere in the evening and it makes my makeup look as if its just been freshly done. Great product that really does last so no doubt will be buying again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

love love love this powder! i find it works at its best if i dust it lightly over my double wear light liquid foundation. it lasts all day and im never shiny! ....have come to the point where i have one for home and one constantly in my handbag x

I bought this and with the first use I got nothing but break-outs. On the second day I had rash. It's nowhere near gentle. Plus it is sooooooo expensive. Totally not worth it for a powder.

on 7/14/2011 10:26:00 PM

I picked this up at the Company Store on a whim and am so glad that I did. I use this in combination with EL Equalizer liquid foundation (just over a couple rosacea-like areas) and am thrilled with the results. I will definitely be repurchasing this item.

on 7/4/2011 8:07:00 AM

Where to start!!! i bought the DW light liquid foundation and the SA told me that this powder would go well with it and can be used just by itself on days i want less coverage. She was helpful and everything and I was pleased with my color choice. However, I realised that this goes a shade darker unlike the liquid foundation and it was all great and hunky dory in the first 2 weeks and then everything WENT downhill..im acne prone and i have done everything in this world to get rid of it and get the clear skin that i have...and all of you who have had to battled your acne to get your clear skin now know how it is and how hard it was to achieve that and this dam product just went ahead and ruined it all!!! I was looking for something that would even out my skin tone and i ended up breaking out all over my forehead..and since I am brown skinner my scars turn black !!! :(
Weirdly i dont think i broke out by using the DW light liquid alone..but JUST this powder...which is a real pity as i was hoping it worked!!. Anways...now im waiting for my scars to go away..which is taking a while and so much for using EL...i really thought it would have worked....and I wash my brushes every single day and am very pedantic about cleaning away my makeup every single night.

on 6/28/2011 12:18:00 PM

This really is a nice foundation, It's expensive though. I purchased this as a summer foundation, I'm the Shade 1W2-which is a perfect match! Although in the winter Im sure I'll have to go down a shade but I really like this foundation. Still need to use a concealer on strongly pigmented areas but this does give pretty good coverage.

TIP: Use a Kabuki brush to apply, it will save you from wasting product and it still gives great coverage.

on 6/12/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very good powder for oily skin. Full coverage, lasts hours, good selection of shades, there's a lot of product so it's worth the price. The drawbacks: the sponge is stored directly on top of the powder which isn't the most hygienic, and if you want to replace the sponge it's hard to find one flat enough so that it will fit into the compact comfortably. I suggest investing in a portable powder brush which will also provide a finer, more natural finish than using a sponge.

on 6/7/2011 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product looks nice first on but as the hours go on maby 2-3 hours later this foundation becomes a mess ! a complete mess ! It doesnt know what it wants to do it cakes and becomes oil all at once its horrible ! I like the application with a spongw nice and quick and it gives light- medium coverage which is what i like ( its not very buildable after this point, or it begins to look extreamely cakey) But as a powder founsation i thought that it would have controled oils a bit better than it did.

on 5/30/2011 9:38:00 PM

I really don't understand why they call this Double Wear. It doesn't have any DW characteristics. As has been said before it isn't long-lasting, it doesn't keep the oilies at bay - I have combination skin and am oily within an hour. It actually wears more like a mineral makeup, rather than DW. I think associating it with the DW name when it clearly doesn't have DW characteristics is very misleading to the public Estee Lauder!

Also I am a MAC NC30 and have Asian skin. Estee Lauder's products just are not made for women of colour in my opinion. They have too many pink tones so I end up looking grey, as it what happened here. Staying power was terrible...at this rate it isn't even Single Wear!