Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder MakeupDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

I am acne prone and oily so this product does stay in place all day for the most part i would never wear this as a whole face foundation but i do use it on more stubborn parts of my face as a concealer and i am fond of its coverage and overall day wear.

on 9/30/2012 9:01:00 AM

I am so disappointed by this compact foundation.I bought it with high hopes. I usually wear liquid foundation but i thought powder might be a nice change, it is easier and faster to apply and i can easily fit the compact in my bag for touch ups. It looks decent when applied, nothing spectacular. medium coverage, a ,little powdery and chalky especially when applied with a brush. What disappoints me the most is the staying power. By midday, my T-zone is really oily and the powder seems to settle into my pores and looks really uneven with some discoloration. It was expensive to add to the disappointment.

This product contains TALC and Bismuth. I loved the coverage it looked great but after a week I broke out in cystic acne. It ruined my face! It took me 6 months to clear my acne and left me really bad scars. BAD BAD makeup

on 8/30/2012 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was into powder foundations before my skin became a little problematic. I turned to Estee Lauder because I found that the Clinique Perfectly Compact Foundation was too orange for my skin tone.
With this powder, I found the perfect match (2W1 Sand). I love the packaging -- the blue and gold is so classy. The coverage was decent and I loved the ample compact, kinda dome shaped. My only problem with it was that it didn't do much to control oil. Everyday use lasted me about 9 months.

I repurchased the powder and was sad to find that it has been repackaged. There is less powder for the same price, and the size of the compact is a lot smaller, which is a huge bummer for me. I can only hope that the formulation stays the same...

on 7/14/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using this for a few weeks, and like it quite a lot.
The GOOD:
This has a nice texture, and the colour is an excellent match for my skin. It works well applied with the sponge for midday touch ups and wears really well - I don't get super greasy, it just seems to kinda melt into my skin in a good way.
The BAD:
Super expensive. The packaging is way too big for how much product there is, as wells being flimsy, mine broke after two weeks and I had to return it. It's not as full coverage as I was expecting. Doesn't really work as a foundation on its own.

I put yes for rebuy because I probably will - but only on sale or at gift time!

on 6/14/2012 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I originally bought this to go over the top of my Double Wear liquid, but I find it's much better on it's own - over the top of the liquid it makes my face feel cakey and dry. On it's own, it applies smoothly and leaves a matte finish. The coverage is medium but buildable and blends fairly well. It gives me a soft, smooth look which I love! It doesn't break me out and is lighter than the double wear liquid which is nice for my skin but it means it rubs off a bit more easily. The compact is travel friendly so I can throw it in my bag and not worry about it breaking. This is my go to powder for travel or weekends where I want a quick and simple application. I have dry sensitive skin and I have to make sure I moisturize well before applying the powder otherwise it can accentuate dry flaky patches. I do get some oily patches in my t-zone but this powder controls it well. One compact usually lasts me 3-4 months. I wouldn't use the sponge it comes with - I find a kabuki brush works much better. Overall a decent powder foundation.

on 6/13/2012 10:08:00 PM

Estee lauder double wear compact powder was quiet a disappointment for me as within three hours of wearing my skin will began to "oil up". It comes in a simple oval compact with a mirror inside its very cute and it does not look cheap, however the product is as good as some drugstore brands. I have tried the liquid foundation and it stay matte all day and my skin does not oil p so i thought i should give the powder a try for everyday use,, and I was disappointed.

I have combination to oily skin and it is very sensitive I didn't have any break outs from this at all which was good It was just the quality. In fairness when I first put the product on with my powder brush it gives a matte finish and it gives a sheer to medium coverage however it is build-able but i do not reccomend building it up as it will look cakey. It covers some of my big pores on my cheeks which is good but it just doesnt last as long.

The product retails for $80 dollars here in New Zealand which is very expensive especially if it doesn't last all day.

I hope I've helped some of you out there

on 4/26/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Really wanted to like this b/c of all the good reviews here but this did not live up to expectations. Although it's named as a foundation powder, the coverage is too light and the product fades after a few hours. Would be good as an overall face powder but there are less expensive versions out there that do the same job in terms of oil control. Returned it next day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love most of estee lauder's products. & this powder is definitely one of them. You are able to build with this powder. i have normal skin and for the most part it lasts for most of the day for me, i may have to touch up once, but with the nice packaging, thats not a problem. i can just throw it in my makeup bag for touchups throughout my day without worrying about it breaking. i like to wear this either by itself, or over a tinted moisturizer or a bit more coverage. Fair warning, be careful when applying this after a foundation to set, esp. a full coverage one. it can look cakey. Ive been using this powder for almost a year now and it has not given me any problems with my skin. It is my HG all over face powder.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Great for quick light coverage with a powder brush. Too heavy over foundation. Not so good over sticky skin or hot face( georgia summers gives your face this issue) Doesn't control shine much...but somehow it stays on well if the temp. doesnt go over 90 degrees, and looks better than naked skin.(unless you are blessed with pretty skin) my skin has large pores and tends to be oily and dry with some reddness. Like it, always have it on had if I'm too lazy/tired to apply liquid foundation.