Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup
Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder MakeupDouble Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

3.7

Talc, Isostearyl Palmitate, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Methyl Methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Polypropylene, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green

on 12/3/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff. I use the Double Wear LIGHT liquid and keep this if I need a touch up. If I do have to touch up, this does not cake and stays on well. Also, it does not look too thick. I also should note that this last forever because it does not take a lot to do the job. I usually just use it in the T zone. This has never caused breakouts, even on my sensitive skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

EL Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Makeup is probably the least favorite powder foundation I have tried.

It transfers onto everything. I really dislike that my makeup rubs off on clothing - I can't remember the last time I used a foundation that actually did this, hugging someone shouldn't result in apologizing immediately after for the makeup residue:(

I thought that this foundation would give me fuller coverage than it does and that it would last longer between touch ups. I am not a fan of MAC Studio Fix but at least with MAC SF I got full coverage! It bothers me to worry whether I still look fresh.

On the plus side, the coverage is a solid medium and the color choice was a pretty good one (Ivory Beige). I wish that the sponge were stored elsewhere in the compact. I kept the plastic disc in to seperate the sponge from product (again, MAC SF wins here).

I was looking to use something other than MAC SF, Pur Minerals or Shiseido but all three of these were better choices IMO. The MAC SF or Shiseido are more full coverage foundations and the Pur Minerals is fairly decent coverage for daily use. I seldom return things to the store but I think I am going to return this for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Needless to say I will not be re-purchasing and I would not recommend this to anyone else. I gave two lippies. One for smooth application and one for nice color selection within the line. I took a lippie off for the re-touching required, it transfers onto everything and I don't think it is better than the brands I have used in the past.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to try a new powder foundation, so I thought I'd give Estee Lauder a try. I wanted to get the Double Matte powder, because it is for oily skin which I have. The sales girl told me that it is being discontinued, and was going to recommend Lucidity pressed powder (which I believe does not have much coverage). I wanted a foundation, so I bought this one. The coverage is pretty good and I like how my face looks with this on, flawless. I look nice and matte, no shine from my oily skin. I'm pretty impressed! It's not as good as Dior's Forever powder but it's still very good.

on 11/16/2010 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the worst makeup product I have used in all my life. Its coverage is no good and it makes a dull look on face, nothing natural. I had high hopes from this powder cause as having a name of double wear I expected a high coverage. When they had applied on my face in the counter I thought it looked natural, but no. The worst is after I used for several times only, it become sth like petrified. Totally garbage. I wouldn't expect such a bad product from EL as I am happy with its other skin care and make up products.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is the best foundation powder i've ever used!!! i actually 'borrowed' my mums cos we're the same shade, but instantly fell in love with it because of the flawless finish it gives me! I love how it last pretty much all day too! I have this in tawny and its almost the perfect shade for my skin, depending on whether i've got a tan or not. I love the coverage it gives too, i just wear it over some prep+prime skin base visage and it stays and looks so flawlessly!

on 10/16/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Before trying Double Wear, I used MAC Studio Fix. I found the perfect color in Linen, but recently discovered that I can also pull off Sand (particularly in warmer months). I always apply Double Wear with a soft brush & am done in just a few minutes.

While the powder itself is more 'stiff' than Studio fix, it seems I use less of it to cover my entire face. The coverage is build-able, looks natural and stays on ALL day.

on 9/27/2010 8:42:00 PM

I have this product in Desert Beige and I love the colour match.
The powder goes on smoothly and gives nice sheer cover. My only issue is the longevity. After a 3-4 hours I need to re-apply.
I don't think I would re purchase, purely based on the $ vs longevity. I would however, be keen to sample the liquid version.

on 9/14/2010 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is an amazing product, I can't believe it just take me a minute to have this incredible coverage, the only bad thing is that my face gets oily after 2-3 hours wearing it, so I only use it when I'm in a hurry or I'm going to wear make for less than 4-5 hours

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

i have to say, my search for a powder foundation has finally come to an end. 1naturalbeauty has found her Holy Grail powder foundation. I have moderate oily skin, but i also need something fragrance free. I normally wear the double matte liquid and my local counter was out of the matching powder so i decided to get matched to the DW powder instead.

this makeup comes in a round compact, navy blue with gold lining. The EL monogram is sketched in gold in the center of the top of the compact. When opened, the actual powder and the mirror itself are trimmed in gold. I guess thats the new packaging, because they did mention they made new packinging, so its the newest as far as I know. the double wear stay-in-place powder makeup retails for 34.00 us dollars, as of september 2010. Ccompanies have a habit of fluctuating prices.

this powder is spf 10 with an active ingredient of titanium dioxiode 4.40%. I would recommend wearing sunscreen under though of spf 15 or greater.

the shades are 1 to 6 with cool, netural, and warm undertones for light to dark (but not very fair or very dark) skin tones. The SA matched me to 6C rich cocoa, a true bronze with red undertones, which matches my skin tone seamlessly.

What I love about this powder: application is very smooth, silky and true to color. i love the dark blue casing and yellow gold lining its very elegant and sophisticated, and modern at the same time, very estee lauder.

What I kind of don't like about this powder (and any powder foundation at that): My only problem with this powder foundation and the many more I have used in the past, is that when I use it with the included sponge, or any sponge, it makes my entire face look a shade darker than it is naturally. Now this is not a flaw in the manufacturing of the powder itself, but its just that my jaw line is a couple shades darker than the apple (the center) of my face, and then when i apply the powder with a sponge all over, it makes my eye area and nose area and cheeks look burnt. My complexion happens to be uneven in tone so i am better suited to wear liquid makeup, but i like the convience of a powder, so i try not to make a big deal out of it. So that is my issue with powder foundations.

If you have this issue I would definitely recommend buying the brush #10 (for powder) from estee lauder, for 42.00 US dollars. Although its pricey, it does make a difference, and it gives a luminous finish instead of a heavy, cake like finish that a sponge would give. the SA at the counter advised me to rinse the bristles with a little bit of shampoo every once in a while. If you use it every day, every several days you should clean your bristles.

after my experience with estee lauder powders, i don't think i'll be going back to lancome's dual finish after trying this. I will always have this in my cosmetic wardrobe.

on 8/13/2010 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I am so excited! I just bought this about 2 hours ago and I love it!!! I already have the doublewear liquid foundation which I love too. I have both in Ecru, I have fair but mega oily skin. This is really fine and goes on really nicely. I have big pores and this covers them for me. I pick my spots, I know I shouldn't but I do. Some powders can cake around them and this doesn't. It covers the spots well and evens out my skin tone. I am a worried that it won't last fro other reviews but I will see how I get on and then report back! Fingers crossed. This isn't as thick a cover as the liquid foundation but it is lighter. I got for when I get out of bed too late and haven't got time to do full make up but still need coverage. Will be back later...........I really want to like this!