Prestige Kohl Eyeliner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/4/2006 12:38:00 PM

I have this in Midnight blue. I don't like the texture of the pencil. It does not go on smoothly in one or two strokes and appears much lighter than the outside case on the pencil. It also smears a lot during normal wear. It was a total waste of money and I would not repurchase.

on 12/11/2005 10:49:00 PM

I definitely agree with Enigmaa on this one, it is a hit or miss. The first one I bought I loved, so I bought another and it was awful. The first was soft and blendable. The second was hard and nearly impossible to apply never mind blend. Wouldn't try again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner in several beautiful colors after reading the wonderful reviews here. Unfortunately, a few hours after using it my eyes were bloodshot and inflamed for over two days. It was horrible. I suggest that you first test it on a small portion of one eye overnight to see if you are allergic to kohl before wearing it out in public. If you are not, you're in luck because the colors are beautiful.

on 10/24/2005 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this is the eyeliner that has the blending tip on the other end,but Prestige eyeliner is fabulous! When I eyeline my inner rims, it doesn't smudge or run, way better than MAC kohl. It does tend to wear out after awhile, but that's not bad at all because I would rather have it wear off than stay and smudge all over the eye area.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Love this eyeliner. I have it in black and sage. Ultra-rich, smooth and highly pigmented and doesn't irritate my eyes. The perfect formula for getting that essential smoky eye. One pencil can last nearly a year with daily use.

on 9/14/2005 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hard like a rock, no pigmentation. BEH...

on 8/30/2005 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was *very* disappointed when I tried the smudgeable "kohl" version of Prestige's eye pencil. I love the fact that it has a foam smudger on one end, but that is where my love affair hits the skids. (BTW, their "waterproof" line of pencils is superb.)I got this in Lagoon, a pretty pearlescent ocean blue, and found that even when I prepped my eyelid with oil-free concealer and powder first, the product blurs and fades away within a couple of hourss. I'm all for blendability, but this eyeliner is just plain greasy and way too soft. When I draw a line on my upper eyelid, a second "ghost" line appears above it from when I blink and the product transfers. I suppose it works okay if you top it with powder shadow, but who wants to go through that when you're in a hurry?

I got Havana on a whim about a year ago, and loved it to death. The lines are dark and thick with great smudgable power to get smokey eyes. The smudging tip on the oposite end is quite useful for this, although it would be better if it were a lighter colour for darker shades so you could see which parts were all smudged up. But it has great lasting power, my only beef with it is how it collects in the inner corners of my eyes. Otherwise great! I have already bought more of it.

on 7/6/2005 1:08:00 AM

I think these are hit or miss. I've only bought two and one was great and the other was horrible. My HG is this shade in Havana though. Suchhhhh a pretty rich, dark brown shade that goes on very smooth. I'm almost done my first one and I've had it a while now. Plus I love the smudge brush that's on the opposite end!

This is one of the softest eyeliner pencils I've come across. It glides on smoothly and doesn't tug at your eye. It goes on BLACK so you don't have to go over certain spots a bunch of times like you do with other eyeliner pencils. However, I apply eyeliner on my waterline and it comes off very easily, but this stuff is kohl eyeliner and it's meant to be smudged (the product comes with a little smudging tip on the other end). I wouldn't repurchase this product only because I am obsessed with MAC's Fluidline and that's the only stuff that STAYS put.