Smashbox Arched Liner #21

Smashbox Arched Liner #21

3.9

on 11/6/2006 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to disagree with the other reviewers. This is a great brush for use with MAC Fluidlines, Bobbi Brown etc. It has a very fine, firm point which picks upthe right amount of product. The best feature is the angle of the brush which makes it more flexible than a straight handled liner. I can line my upper and lower lids perfectly, with no annoying gaps. I've been using it for about a month and have cleaned it with baby shampoo and or MAC brush cleaner and have not had any problems with the bristles splaying. It may take a few tries to get the hang of using it but the results are work the effort.

on 11/30/2011 1:36:00 AM

This brush makes lining with cream liner quick and simple!

One downfall that people might associate with a natural hair eyeliner brush is bristles splaying out. But I found that I didn't need to worry about that much. Because you are essentially adhering the bristles to each other by coating it with cream eyeliner, it doesn't matter if the bristles are splayed out since you are going to get a thin tip anyway when you get product on the brush. None of the bristles in my brush have fallen out, but I can see how that might happen of you pull on the bristles to get dried liner off when cleaning your brush. I find that rolling the brush in the palm of your hand with soap cleanser of choice is best for cleansing.

The brush works well to create a thin line on the upper lash line. Depending on how much pressure you apply, the line's width can change. Another factor that helps application is the angled head of the brush. The angle helps you angle the tip along your eye.

The only thing I have to complain about with this brush is that because the tip is a pointed tip with longer bristles than you would find in a flat liner brush, you have to take care to not apply too much pressure when trying to get product on your brush - especially if your pot of cream liner is not as soft and creamy as when you first got it. The bristles might bend. Therefore you sort of have to get the entire tip of the brush into the liner which ends up making a mess on the black part of the brush.

on 11/15/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I happen to like this brush. I bought it with my jet set liner & use it to apply the liner on my waterline. It's easy to use & the arch helps with getting in there. I like the small, fine tip however when I first got it the tip had a finer & stiffer point. Over time & the subsequent washes it has undergone have caused the tip to lose its stiffness & its shape a little. But it still works perfectly fine & I'd repurchase because I find it to be the perfect shape for waterline lining

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Easy to manuever---at firdt it feel weird, especially when being acustomed to flat angled brush.ALSO, this brush is great for fine,precise lines

on 8/15/2009 10:37:00 PM

This is the first eye liner brush I've ever used and I love it! Before this, I was used to eye liner pencils but now I use gel liners or the smashbox cream eyeliner with this brush. I don't have a problem with losing bristles but I do wish they were stiffer. Maybe I'm getting the hang of using gel and cream eye liners!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I absolutely love this brush. Itīs perfect for lining my upper eye lid. The quality is good and itīs not that expensive.

on 6/20/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the very first eyeliner brush I ever bought when I first started using gel eyeliners three years ago. I love Smashbox brushes and this one is no exception. Some eyeliner brushes are either so floppy that I had no control and ended up smearing liner all over no control or so stiff that I've actually scratched up my lash line. Not this brush. It's soft and pliable yet firm enough to draw a fine line. I highly recommend this brush for anyone looking for a bent liner brush. I find brushes with longer handles easier to work with than the short-handled brushes, espcially when you're doing precision work like lining. That's just me preference though.

I highly recommend this brush over the other bent liner brushes (BeneFit, Stila, BE) if you're looking for a bent liner brush. Although the very tip of the brushes started to curl just the tiniest bit after a couple of years, this brush holds up very well. The only reason I no longer use this brush is because I've found that I prefer an unbent liner brush now that I've gotten the hang of working with gel liners. With an arched liner brush, you can only hold the brush one way when working with an eye. Instead of redipping my brush in liner, I prefer to turn the brush to use the other side when I'm trying to line my eyes. That's just my preference and you can't work that way with a bent liner brush.

I like this brush but I'm not in love with it. It works really well for applying cream eyeliner with great precision, I love how it's arched and everything - but it tends to get some strayaways (mine is brand new and already has stray brush hairs putting eyeliner in placed where it shouldn't). I will probably keep using it but I wouldn't buy it again.

Edit: OK, I'm adding one lippie - it kinda grew on me... ;)

on 7/16/2008 11:04:00 PM

I really like this brush a lot. It makes applying eyeliner a breeze and the arched part is just perfect for seeing where you are applying eyeliner. I wish the bristles were a little more compact, but overall I like this brush.

on 6/28/2007 3:34:00 AM

I haven't had this brush a long time, so I can't comment on if it will wear well. But, I love the ease of use--it provides so much more control than other eyeliner brushes I have used. I have tried it with both cream and gel liners and you can get a nice thin line. I'm near sighted and with this I can see what I am doing so much better. I really prefer bent[arched] liner brushes!

Popular Makeup Brushes