MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.5

on 2/7/2007 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I read reviews of this quad below and Iím struck by how the descriptions of Take Wing and Bravado are completely different on my dark NC45-50 skintone. Take Wing looks exactly like Embark in the pan (I was disappointed initially because I already have Embark) but on my skin itís a rich bluish purple. I guess the brown pigment disappears into my skin and Iím left with the purple. No complaints here because it looks perfect with Restless, which is a soft dove grey colour.

Alternatively I use Restless in inner corner, Bravado (plummy fuscia pink with gorgeous shimmer and depth) on outer corner, with Take Wing to line. I'm not finding much use for Tickles except for inner corners. Overall, this quad has beautiful wearable colours (except Tickles) which are nicely pigmented and unique. I'm really glad I bought this! continued >>

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 10/9/2006 5:26:00 PM

I bought this because i already owned the colors in the Well-plummed quad and these looked like colors I didn't have. Though it is a pretty quad, I can't say it's very unique, and can be duplicated.
Restless is my favorite color in the quad. I especially like it over Magrites paint. it is like a grey version of Patina to me.
Take Wing looks like Embark to me, a dark plum brown
Bravado is Cranberry IMO
Tickless is my least favorite (though looking at it I though I would like it most!) It's a Lustre which is hit or miss for me and unfortunately it was a miss. No pigmentation and TONS of glitter fall out. I would say that either pink freeze, sweet lust or phloof would be better choices..... same color family but with out the glitter (I use phloof with these colors). All in all a decent quad but I can't say it's my favorite.

I have quite a few quads and I really love having them in my collection, so I was very excited when I found out these were coming out. I went with this one cuz the two colours i liked from the other one are perminant anyways. I finally, after a week of 'should i just swap it...' busted it open and tested it out, and can i just say...im not impressed.

restless is a matte (well its a satan technically) medium hue grey, and my favourite e/s in the set. its a unique colour that i can see myself using a lot outside the quad, with greens, pinks, purples and maybe working it into my thunder quad.

take wing is a matte, rich espresso brown, that i am only daring enough to use as a liner, but could probablly be used as a great crease colour.

tickless...ohhh tickless... this is where it ends. it was probablly the colour that made me buy the quad in the first place. its a frosty light pink colour (lustre), the texture and the glitteryness is much like golden lemon when pressed. very flakey, like if you use the wrong brush it will crumble and half if it will flake out. it is a nice colour..in theory. it goes on very unpigmented, just like a bunch of frosty whiteish glitter, that comes off your eye in about ten minutes. basically the colour is useless to the quad.

bravado: a sheer raspberry, (velux pearl) goes on alright, smooth, not the nicest colour though. VERY replaceable, very blah. Not the most flattering, doesnt actually even look that good with the other colours. not impressed at all.

best look so far: restless on the lid, bravado in the crease, tickless as a hilighter (a horrible, non existant one because it does not show up!) and take wing as a liner. blah. this quad sucks, dont waist your money.

EDIT: 3/17/07 - I've swapped this one away. I think one is lovely for someone who doesn't have similar in their collection. Although may people don't like Tickles, I think this may be one of my favorites in the quad. Bravado is nice, but I couldn't wear this quad without bringing out the red in my eyes.

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.

on 9/8/2006 3:40:00 PM

I really like this quad. I have brown eyes and light blonde hair and medium, tanned skin. The first night I had this I had a great time playing with all the colors and doing really funky things with them. Unfortunately, I am a 33yr old mommy and am a professional in a conservative business, so I have learned to tone this down for normal, daily use. But that is a great thing about most MAC shadows, is that you can control how glammed up you get by how much you apply and how you blend it, etc.
All four colors really look great together. No matter what combination of colors I am wearing, they have all looked great. The other two reviews do a good job of describing the colors in this pallette...except that I think the "Tickles" color is more of a lavender than a pink.
One of the things I discovered that night I was playing with all these colors was that when you first boldly apply the Bravado or Take Wing colors, and then apply the Tickles color right on top of it, it gives the colors a whole new sheen and tone that looks really pretty.
I would definately recommend this pallette, at least for people with brown eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Initially, i didnt purchase either of the quads from the Untamed collection released August 2006. They seemed so similiar to other shades. Unfortunately, the collector in me broke down and i went back for them. The Take Wing quad has four new limited edition shades in it. After going through my collection, i found near identical replicas for each shade. Here's the list:

Restless (satin). my favorite shade of the quad and the hardest to match. Its a shimmery grey with a light purple hint to it. CLosest to Hard to Please from the Beau quad. (similiar on skin not in pot).

Take WIng (matte). Matte chocolate with an eggplant hint to it, but basically looks like dark brown. Looks just like studied brown from the color scheme 1 quad. they look different in the pan, but the same on the skin.

Tickles (lustre). Sparkly light pink. Glitter flies everywhere. Similiar to Summerweight lustre from the Tailormade cool eyes palette.

Bravado (veluxe pearl). Shimmery cranberry. looks magenta in pan but goes on warmer than it looks. Looks just like Mac Cranberry to me.

So there it is. All the colors have an almost identical shade somewhere in the MAC collection. The quad itself is pretty. Nice amount of pigment except for the Tickles. Retails for $35. MAC needs to make some NEW colors.

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>