Ulta Ulta- whole store

No Image

3.0

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love Ulta, they have a huge range of hair color brands/shades that you don't find in other stores. I also love the salon, have had my hair done there for the last 4-1/2 years and have the best hairdresser!!! My hairdresser did a Redken Chemistry treatment on my hair this last Friday and it feels fabulous.

on 4/1/2007 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too love Ulta. With coupons like "20% off one item," "20% off your entire purchase," "$5 off a minimum $10 purchase," and "$3.50 off a minimum $10 purchase," you can really save a decent amount of money without spending a lot. Usually the 20% off a product or a purchase do not apply to "prestige" cosmetics and hair care lines. This includes BE, Too Faced and similar midrange cosmetic lines. However, before Christmas, there are some 20% off courpons that apply to everything in store. I wish these coupons came around more often! I do find that Ulta's prices are generally higher than Target and Wal-mart's prices. I recently bought a Neutrogena Scrub that retailed at Target for $4.49, but I believe it cost $5.19 at Ulta. However, it cost $4.41 on sale at Ulta, which just proves that the sales at Ulta can be worth catching, especially if you're already there. Ulta's own brand of cosmetics runs some great deals, like "buy two, get one free" and even "buy one, get one free." And I love scouring the clearance bins- OPI nail polish for $0.99? I'm all over that!

The best reason to shop at Ulta are the rewards programs they offer. There are two programs that I have participated in. With the first, you would be placed on different levels depending on how much you spent at Ulta during a specific period. You could then redeem your points at specific times of the year and get a sort of "prize" that was offered for your level. I believe one of the offered rewards on the first level is... a bag of cotton balls. Whoopee! I reached the second level, and got a free bottle of OPI nail polish, which worked for me! The program I'm currently participating in gives you reward points. When you reach a certain amount of points, you can redeem them for dollars off of your purchase. I just used 500 points to get $5 off of my purchase. There are different promotions that Ulta runs, like "750 bonus points with purchase of ___" and that really helps pump up your rewards points amount. If you're already going to be spending money on beauty items available at Ulta, and they aren't much more expensive than those at Target, why not buy them at Ulta and get the points for them?

on 4/1/2007 11:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I too really, really like Ulta. I have one within about 15-20 min. of me over by a Mall and everytime I'm over there I have to check it out. They put out circulars in the Sunday paper pretty often for like $3.50 off a $15.00 purchase for example and I take advantage of those. I love the fact that you can buy high end to low end makeup, hair supplies, hair color, appliances and fragrance all in one place. As someone else mentioned, you can sign up to receive $$ off when you reach a certain amount. Ulta is the only place that I can find the particular shade of Garnier Nutrisse that I like (and I live in a very metropolitan area with a CVS, Walmart or Walgreens within minutes....none of them carry that shade). I also like Ulta's own brand of makeup, most especially their eye shadows that are frequently buy one/get one free. If you don't have one near you, they do have a website.

on 4/1/2007 2:07:00 AM

I LOVE ULTA!

on 12/18/2006 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE ULTA! I love the fact that you can buy high end & drugstore products in the same place. They also carry brands that you can't get anywhere else like Archipelago Botanicals and Japonesque. Ulta is the only place where I can find Archipelago Botanicals candles in my area. They have awesome discounts! I bought a $18 Primal Elements candle for $6.50. Sometimes I go in there and I come out with a huge bag for half the price. I'm always astonished at how much I save! Their customer service can't be beat! Returns are super easy. ULTA IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE STORE! Everyone needs to go to one Ulta store if they are in the area of one since I know they're limited. Ulta has a club card program where if you spend a certain amount of money, you get to pick your free gifts, which is really cool.

on 9/1/2006 1:17:00 PM

I'd never had an experience with Ulta until they opened a store in my city late last year. Generally speaking, I love it. I can't pass the store without going in & usually find what I need & so much more. I've had good experiences with their salon as well. However, I have found that occassionally the prices that they advertise in their send-outs are a bit different than what you actually get in the store. For example, I recently saw an ad for an item that said it was on sale for $5, but when I got to the store I found that the deal was actually "3 for $15". So while technically the item itself was still $5, the ad didn't mention that you had to buy 3 of them to get that deal. Just a little annoyance, but otherwise 1 of my favorite places to shop.

Popular Other Products