benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

on 4/16/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was also pleasantly surprised by this product... rec'd as a sephora sample & placed in my desk drawer. completely forgot it was there... until i left my small makeup bag at home... and saw what i looked like that day. i'm not big on foundation (i spot cover w/everyday minerals and a concelear brush) so i wasnt expecting much... and i have to say... the texture surprised me (it feels greasy at first but it's dry upon application) & i was surprised the color was perfect for my light/medium dryish skin... i dont usually like a powder finish but this feels very smooth almost silky. i've had no reaction... altho did notice a few flakes between my brows which are often somewhere i havta be a bit careful about. the light coverage (think tinted moisturizer sheer) and the light feel... is perfect for someone who wants a lil evening out w/out much work/effort.

i'm not sure i'd love or use the larger compact, i like the portability of this lil sample.

when i first used this i thought "hey,not bad" light coverage,nice and smooth,everything you would want in a cream like foundation,however after wearing this for a week,my forehead has bumps on it,and a couple around my cheeks as well,my skin is 99% of the time bump/pimple free so i knew it was this product,i will never wear this again for that reason alone,just for ref.i have normal skin,not dry/oily/acne prone or anything in the category,maybe a oily t-zone every now and then (i live in miami,fl!)

luckily for me last week MAC came out with theyre new mineralized satinfinish which i LOVE! so i did not mourn my SKG for very long..

also this is overpriced in my honest opinion,$26.00!,i think a more reasonable price would be $15.00-$20.00

i wish i could return this!

on 12/31/2006 10:38:00 PM

So far, I really love this product. Benefit some kind-a gorgeous is a "one shade fits all foundation faker," and suprisingly, unlike you rebel, the shade really DOES blend into most skin tones. It leaves a truly transparent finish while still covering redness and other discolorations. The trick, in my expirience, is to use your fingers or a brush to blend the product on. The sponge applies the product much too heavy for my tastes. It feels weightless on your skin, and starts out matte but gets dewier, not oilier throughout the day. Definately try this product!

I can't believe I'm in love with a Benefit "foundation". I passed this by so many times at Sephora and at my counters because it looks soooo greasy. Well, a wonderful MUAer sent me her Sephora deluxe sample cus I wanted to try it out so much (because of 2muchstuff's persistance). Well after a few days of trying it I ran out and bought a full size of it. It's wonderful for me. It goes on creamy but drys and feels powdery on. Doesn't feel greasy at all! The only thing that's not the greatest is the applicator it comes with. It's not bad, but could be a little better. I would definately (and will) repurchase. Price isn't too bad, $26 USD. OK, now I need to duck from the flames I'm about to get lol.

on 12/14/2006 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have the sample size of it. I love it on my dry, NC25 skin. It gives me a real airbrushed look, and I don't need powder over it cos it doesn't budge (I hate powder!)

on 12/11/2006 9:51:00 PM

Just shoot me. I can't believe I'm about to write a glowing review of a BeneFit product, much less a BeneFit foundation. I have tried items from this line off and on since its inception, and I've never found a winner. Until now. I got a sample of this foundation as a swap extra, and I tried it one night before bed just out of morbid curiousity--just to see how truly god-awful it was. I poked it with my index finger to try to ascertain its consistency--was it gooey, a clumpy gel, nasty, viscous cream...what sort of horrible mess might BeneFit have concocted this time? I settled on applying it with my Armani Blender Brush and stroked little, hesitant swipes across my NW25 cheeks. Hey, this stuff doens't suck! In disbelief, I loaded up my brush with more foundation and applied a full face of the stuff. The consistency was a smooth, creme to powder with a gel-like, silicone slip. It blended like a dream and the coverage, while light as air, was absolutely lovely. I even used it on my pernicious dark undereye circles. My whole face looked like my skin but better--smoother, more even-toned and glowy. I tried it the next morning, sure that it would turn green or blue or orange after a few hours' wear, but ten hours later my face still looked flawless. I can't believe it. I'm going to have to buy this product--this BENEFIT product! Maybe only the full-size product sucks? I'll let you know. Update 12/18/06: I bought the full size yesterday after burning through my deluxe sample. It's still perfect on my skin. I actually took it off the day I bought it to try the new GA "Shaping" Foundation, and I couldn't wait to get my Some Kind-A Gorgeous back on that side of my face. It's so natural looking. I'm hooked.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best base I have ever used! I use this with a foundation brush and I look like I have been airbrushed! I have pale Irish skin and am very oily in the T zone, prone to breakouts and red and sensitive on my cheeks. This feels like nothing is on my skin, its oil free and doesn't clog my pores. I stay matt looking all day and need to blott far less often. It doesn't gunk up in my fine lines and realy fills in my acne scars. With out makeup my skin looks nasty, when I wear this strangers tell me I have beautiful skin.I love this Makeup!!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm sorry...I love Benefit but I really hated this product. One color does not fit all, I'm NW20-30 depending on the time of year & if I was any lighter than the NW30 I can't imagine it working. The product feels like it's going to be oily but dries super quick & feels like powder...that was the one positive. On the downside...it gave me absolutely NO coverage, even less than Benefit's TM You Rebel. It just made my skin look a bit on the oily side, which I have VERY dry skin so this went back immediately.