benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 11/17/2008 10:20:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Terrible would say it all really. Yes the packaging is cute and I am a sucker for cute packaging but after the girl on the counter insisted this was my colour and would be brilliant for my handbag as I am always on the go I stupidly brought it. I get home its orange in the pan!!! I try it anyway and low and behold its brown/orange on my really pale skin. Even after alot of blending its still really orange it also goes really patchy in my T Zone.

vicky

on 8/8/2008 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this product, it really does what it advertises, it is about the only foundation that fits true to my skintone, it covers my pores, blends in with my concealer, and it is not oily. When I first got this product, it felt oily but it is actually drying, so I put it only after I moisturize my skin, and that fixed the problem of it looking too powdery on me. But it totally surprise me how fast this thing runs out, I mean it is not cheap, but for the amount you get, it is outrageously expensive! Then I think it does not wear so long, but I just never touch up so I can't say. It definitely has a very sheer coverage which is why I love it, but at the same time it hides the pores. I would definitely recommand and buy again until I find something more affordable for my skintone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a free sample of this from Sephora. I like the texture, I like the sheerness - BUT this gave me an awful "fake tan." Mind you, I'm an exceptionally fair-skinned, exceptionally "cool" toned PPP and have a lot of trouble finding foundation to match anyway. But this just was too dark and yellow even though it purports to blend in with just about every skin tone. I will not purchase, though I might keep this if I do a self-tanner on my face this summer. This product is probably most suitable for LLLs through MMMs.

I really like this foundation. It gave my face an even matte-look after applying it on :)

on 5/6/2008 12:05:00 AM

I haven't bought this, just wore it for a day when a MA applied it on my face. It brought out flaky areas on my cheeks like crazy! I only exfoliate gently because I have very sensitive skin so I always have a little bit of flakiness here and there. On the up side it had enough coverage to even out some redness on my cheeks (sheer to sheer-medium). If I didn't have so many flaky bits I would probably buy this because I like the texture and the finish. My skin is combination but I use a mattifier on my nose and forehead (Clinique Instant Pore Perfector - see my review for that) and it looks great there. Note comments from people who said it was pricey for what you got and it didn't last long, I can't comment on that because I just sampled it but I would think twice before buying. Also I think the compact would get quite gross because it's white and the product is very oily in the pan and I can see it smearing everywhere over time. But for me, as nice as it makes me look, it highlights the flakies so I wouldn't buy. Actually it reminds me of Dior Icone, just not as thick and with an oilier consistency that can be applied thinner.

on 4/30/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation does not work for me. I am not really a foundation kinda girl....I usually use TM and foundation powder or just moisturizer and foundation powder. I like the idea of a grab and go solid foundation, but some kind-a gorgeous just isn't great. feels very very very oily while you are applying....not smooth and creamy but oily. doesn't cover like I expected from a foundation....covers just a little less than my tinted moisturizer. (I use TheBalm Balm Shelter TM) feels yucky on my face....leaves it super shiny and doesn't sink in to skin. I imagine if you didn't set this with a powder it would rub off in seconds on everything your face touched. Wearing this throughout the day, it is very obvious that I am wearing foundation (keep in mind that I have almost perfect skin, so just imagine how bad it might look on someone who really needs coverage!). You can see those yucky little foundation 'lines' and smudges on my chin and nose....and I'm not an oily skinned gal. Icky. also makes my concealer under my eyes not work as well and slide off. The only reason I gave this two lippies instead of one was that it didn't irritate my skin like so many other makeups do. I would not recommend this :/ too bad because I like benefit!
*Update* I knocked this down to one lippy because even though I only wore it for a day and washed it off before I went to bed, it made me break out like crazy!!!!!!!!!

on 4/24/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I received a deluxe sized sample of this. This is one of those products that I've wanted to try out for a while and took me a while to get around to it. They now offer this in a deep shade I believe but my sample was of the original shade. I'm not sure if this would truly suit all skintones like it claims but it definitely suits mine. MAC NC 25/Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. I'm not someone who needs a ton of coverage but this was very very light. I think I somehow get more coverage from using concealer where needed and dusting with powder. Someone who is trying to ease into the world of foundation might benefit the most from this, as far as getting used to the feel of things.

On the plus side, very cool packaging, but that's about all I can say. :-)Retails for $26.00, won't purchase full size.

Alright, so I bought this awhile back when my face was on the oily side and I absolutely hated it. It left my face completely greasy and it would wipe right off. It also clogged my pores! I stashed it away after a few days. Anyway, I just had a baby and my face went from oily to dry. Instead of buying a new foundation I thought I'd give this another try. So far, not bad. On the plus side, the color is a great match for my light tan skin, evening out my skin and making it look flawless. I do apply this with a brush instead of the sponge. I've gotten quite a few compliments on my skin lately. On the downside, it does accentuate any dry patches I might have and it still rubs off easily. Overall, it's an okay product for those with a medium complexion with normal to dry skin seeking light coverage.

This just didn't work for me..

PROS
- goes on smoothly, and matched my skin tone quite well. i have mixed skin (latin/caucasian) with both pink and yellow undertones.
- easy to use, and compact comes with a mirror !!

CONS
- definitely clogged my pores
- comes off easily during the day. i work at a busy retail store, and have combination skin.. and the sweat and oily t-zone always seem to win the battle !!
- it wasn't comfortable to wear. i could FEEL the makeup o n my face all day.. which i hate !! continued >>

on 12/26/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a medium tone skin so it matches ok, I still dont know how Benefit can think 1 color will suit so many different people's skin type. Although its "Cremey" it "floats" on top of my skin and accentuates my dry skin patches. Really not flattering. I can only use this product when I have flawless, Smooth skin, Which doesn't happen everyday.
its an ok product. Works better than others, but still not well for me.