benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I thought this was my HG foundation when i first got it 3 years ago, and raved about it to everyone within earshot, but experience has definitely changed my mind. The coverage is good initally. The finish is really light on the face, satiny, and smooth. That's where the pro's end for me. Even though it feels like, it looks completely obvious and mask link, no matter how lightly i apply it. It doesn't help that it comes in TWO SHADES. This lasts for two hours, tops. I am not joking. Before even getting to my second class of the day, patches of redness and other imperfections were beginning to show through. If you miraculously like the finish and color of this foundation on you, my tips are to use a primer (its the only way i can wear this), and a foundation brush. It will give you a much better application than the sponge.

P.S: DEFINITELY stay away if you have mature skin. This settles into lines i never knew existed.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When the makeup artists put it on me, I really liked it because it was weightless and it didn't make my skin itch. So I bought it. Now that I've worn it a few times, I realized that it just doesn't work for my skin. I've had the worst break out in years using this stuff. And two hours after applying it, I'm as greasy as an open container of petroleum jelly. I want to love it, because I paid so much for it. But I don't. The coverage is really very sheer, and better for someone with normal to dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A makeup artist applied this to my face, along with dallas blush/bronzer (which I now LOVE btw). The following morning, there were blemishes everywhere she had applied the foundation- around my nose and cheeks. Beware if you have sensitive skin!

on 2/15/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

PROS : overall finish of the product
CONS : price, and lack of skin tones

I bought this product on a plane as there was some special discount (so it ended up as 17$ instead of 28$)

I have quite an unusual skin tone (sort of peachy undertones over ) and i very easily go orange but despite the darkness of the colour instead of making me go orange, it made me look rather tanned.
The texture is quite peculier, its really easy to blend and almost greasy but once on your face, it really does gives you a flawless finish (i got complements)
It covers uneven skin tone, acne scars, large pores etc.

But being a teenager, my skin isnt free from spots and blemishes so i do have to use a seperate concealer to cover them up. Also, a pressed powder, is crucial for this product otherwise it will just slide off your face

In all, i would buy this product again but i dont have to money right now xD
But yes, i dont regret spending my money on this product and do recommend it if your looking for something light but that still gives you moderate coverage

on 2/1/2010 9:12:00 AM

This is the very first foundation that I really love. It goes on smoothly, has a nice silky feeling when applied and covers decently. Great!
Two things that annoy me about it. Firstly, after using it daily for only a fortnight and always with a foundation brush (!) I've already hit the pan. I hope it will last me another 4 weeks. But still. Because, secondly it is expensive. 30 Euro for a product that will hopefully last me 6 weeks is insane.
I think I will purchase this again, but I'm still hesitant because of the price-performance ratio.

UPDATE 3/15/2010:
I don't know why but I went from really loving it to hating it. Somehow I became paler in the last weeks and it doesn't match my skin any more at all. I have the light shade and it's 3 shades darker than my skin tone and too yellowish. It became greasier over time and I didn't like the feeling of it when applied.

I could have gotten another week of daily application out of it but I'm so fed up that I just want it out of my makeup bag. This makes it last about 2 months which is better than I intially thought but still not enough to justify the price, at least in my book.

The fact that there are only two shades, the high price and the change in texture over time make not want to repurchase.

on 1/10/2010 1:58:00 PM

I was skeptical to the fact they only have a "light" and "dark" shade, however I found the "light" blends in and matches my skin tone perfectly. It evens out my skin, without looking caked on. It also creates a perfect canvas for their Benetint or Posietint. I just wish this foundation had SPF, I don't see any of Benefit's face products containing SPF which makes me sad.

I got this in the $10 mini collection at Sephora. It came in a cute little mini record package- no mirror or anything but I don't really mind. By the way- to the previous poster who asked- no, the 'side A' and 'side B' thing don't mean anything- it's just to make it seem like a record. I like the feel of the stuff, it's very sheer and light weight feeling but the coverage is actually pretty decent. It's not a product I'd expect to last the whole day- in fact, it's not part of my morning routine. What it is great for is for touch ups. I keep it in my purse (so convenient!) and apply a little as needed throughout the day, top it off with a little bit of silica based powder. The primer in it makes it go on very smoothly which is great when I'm all flustered, sweaty and on the run. It is however, pretty expensive. I will happily use it and the rest of my sampler (it was worth every penny) and when I'm done, I'll evaluate how much I missed the product.

on 12/30/2009 8:01:00 AM

This is the first "proper" foundation I've ever used. I bought this a while ago, but have barely started using it because when I first tried it, I didn't like the way it emphasised all the dry places on my face, and found my Stila SPF 15 tinted moisturiser (which I usually use) more convenient. But recently I tried using this after moisturising my face beforehand (with Hazeline Snow) and letting the moisturiser sit a bit, and that seemed to be the secret that will allow me to use up this foundation. After moisturising, it worked quite well - gave me enough coverage, and the shade blends quite well into my skin tone (East Asian fair-medium). In fact, being a TM devotee, this foundation initially felt a bit too matte, and it took me a while to get used to that.

It feels very light, and sits nicely on my combination skin even after several hours. For some reason, despite my combination skin, I didn't have the problems with greasiness that other commenters have noted. But I haven't used this for many days in a row, so I'm not sure how well my skin would react to that. Packaging-wise, I agree with other commenters who found the sponge unsanitary - I wash mine every so often, and might change it soon.

I don't know if I will buy it again because it sells for SGD$60 here, and I'm planning to try MAC foundations, but if those other products don't work out I would definitely consider repurchasing this.

on 12/30/2009 2:40:00 AM

I loved this product about 3 months ago, and now going back to it, I don't really remember why I loved it so much.

Its sheer, so it doesn't quite cover as well as I would like. It is for girls (or boys) with relatively clear complexions.
It is also pretty oily, which didn't bother my skin too much, but the reason my sister threw it in my direction one day after she bought it is that she has oily skin, and it made her shiny all over.

The sponge gets pretty gross, but the mirror is a good size.

I used to really love the Benefit packaging, but maybe I've all of a sudden grown up or something, but I now find it a little childish and annoying that its so obviously marketed towards younger girls.

I said that I wouldn't buy this product again, but I'll re-assess after seeing how I feel in another 3 months.

on 12/20/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finished using one of these and just kept it for the mirror. Thinking back, the sponge was very unsanitary to use with the compact. No wonder I broke out so many times!
It is quite creamy and has a light to medium coverage. The feeling that it leaves on my face is nice and smooth. Somehow the packaging and method of application deters me from buying this again.