benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 1/17/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely give a product only one lippie but unfortunately this foundation just really failed on me. First of all what is this "matches all skin tones"?? Because it sure does not match mine, it was way too dark for me. Secondly, it covers nothing. Maybe if you have good skin this might be great but I have some acne scarring and occasional blemishes so this is a no-no. Why would I want to wear a foundation if I don't want any covarage? Also, this really accentuates my dry areas, making them look twice as bad. I would only recommend this product to people with medium skin tone, even and healthy skin. Unfortunately I fit in none of those categories :(

on 1/6/2011 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was really looking forward to loving this product I loved the packaging and it seemed like a great idea for those days I'm on the go and don't have time for foundation. But I was really disappointed it wipes off very easily and only lasts a couple of hours. There wasnt a lot of product either considering the price. Unfortunantely I will not be repurchasing this.

on 12/3/2010 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is total garbage. It looks natural when you use it, but does not stay on more than 2 hours. Also, you can use the entire product up in no time. I would not suggest it to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff seemed nice and light when I first started using it. After a couple uses it broke me out like crazy.....can't use it anymore. I don't like the sponge it came with either....it started to smell after a couple uses....gross. Does anyone else just WANT to like all of Benefit's products but keep getting disappointed over and over again??? :(

on 10/8/2010 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Uncomfortably greasy feel. Slides off, so nada for coverage. I used to like Benefit, but lately the products are much more miss than hit and way overpriced for what you get.
Packaging was cute tho.

on 9/26/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is just awful. It made me so greasy and it just wouldn't spread on my face. The sponge it coms with is no good. This is the worst and weirdest product I've ever tried.

You know when you are waiting in line at the cashier in Sephora and certain things near the check out counter just catches your eyes? Darn those impulse buys!

This is one of them. I got the smaller travel sized one and that is about the one good thing that happened. This product is supposedly a foundation faker and I give it props for doing totally what it is marketed for. Makes you look F-A-K-E.

I just don't get the consistency of this product. It feels greasy to the touch but once applied, is it supposed to mimic a powder or liquid foundation? It streaks like mad, and you can't use a brush to blend them in, no matter how hard you try. I used my fingers, it didn't blend, I tried it with a wet sponge, did not blend either.

After struggling with it and making the coverage acceptable, the second problem appears. This *stuff* fill in all the lines on my face, from my forehead to my under eye to the corner of my mouth as if advertising to the world that I am trying to FAKE smooth beautiful skin! And I don't even have deep lines on my face, just natural face lines that every human (besides P-shopped celebrities) has.

Am I glad that my impulse buy didn't cost a dent in my pocketbook. Just some bruised ego for thinking that a girl can really fake it without the world knowing. :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This has been my very first foundation that i purchased and i am quite impressed. i only use it to apply to the trouble spots in my skin. For acne it covers up alright and my skin tone looks more even. For my scars, it provided sheer coverage. You can build on the amount of coverage. i would say this foundation gives me light to medium coverage. i LOVED how this matches my skin tone perfectly. You have to try on the product first before just looking at the colour. i thought i was in the lite but it turned out im in the medium shade. I like to use a brush and then pat in it with my fingers for a better coverage.
Price: $36CAD at sephora

on 8/18/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Over priced, over rated.... not good. Not at all worth it. Me no like.

on 8/16/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this a couple years ago and was actually quite fond of it. I chose the darker shade for my NC40 skin and it was a decent match. It is expensive for the small amount of product you recieve, and you'll use it up very quickly. I have normal/combo oily skin and it made me greasy on my nose area pretty fast. The rest of my t zone got shiny throughout the day. I didn't get any breakouts or irritation though. Lasting power was alright - about 5 hours before I noticed fading. Coverage was light/medium. It is not heavy or thick or cakey. I wouldn't repurchase this foundation as there are better ones out there which are worth the money!