benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought a mini version of it and oh my i am in love!! it's definitely not your typical foundation because the product goes on clear so you may attempt to pile more on but stop right there! because once it dries the foundation colour pops through and it'll give your face a nice even finish. put too much on and your face will end up looking very powdery. this stuff is great since i hate wearing anything heavy on my face.. however i do agree with others the colour range is not that great. it does dry darker later on in the day.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My skin gets really dry in the winter time, so I decided to try out a creme foundation. I got this foundation in medium. When I first applied it, It felt really smooth on my face, and it was moisturizing as well. It's super light weight, and I couldn't feel it on my skin. But as I applied this, it made my dry patches stand out and be more visible. This foundation doesn't really have a lot of staying power, so you have to use either a primer or set it with powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the products I regret buying, it was greasy and didn't have any coverage. It wipes off so easily that it transfered onto anything I touched. Its probably good for someone who has really good skin as it didn't cover well at all for me. Definitely won't repurchase

on 12/29/2011 10:50:00 PM

My sister-in-law got me a holiday gift set for Christmas and this came in the set in medium. I don't use foundation, just a tinted moisturizer. So I tried this over my regular Oil of Olay moisturizer and it was alright. The coverage is sheer, which is how I want it. Its easy to apply, I used a stippling brush and it blends very well. It disappears into your skin almost instantly. It doesn't feel heavy at all and when you touch your skin after application it feels very nice and smooth. However, it doesn't really do anything. It didn't change my life or anything. The packaging is insanely cute though. But for the price? I feel like it should at least do something!! So I will not be re-purchasing.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I was really hoping that this product would be great as the Benefit makeup adviser was raving about it as she applied it to my face. I told her my concerns about wanting a foundation that was long lasting as I have very oily skin as most foundations slide off my skin by lunch time. She assured me that this product was for me and oh how dissapointed I was! Not even an hour after she applied it my face was looking horrible. It looked like the foundation had oxidised as my face had a very nasty tinge of orange to it. My face was incredibly oily and all my pores exposed. I had to wash this off my face staight away! Like with most of the Benefit products I find, this is definitely nothing special. Such a shame as the packaging is so cute!

on 9/5/2011 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am surprised by the low reviews here. I actually like the product. It gives me medium coverage, and applies smooth and easy (I use brush, not the little sponge it comes with). It is very creamy, which is what my dry skin needs. My face doesn't flake after few hours of wearing it. Makes my skin dewey.

Bad part though, I haven't used it every day since I got it, but I think it might be causing me to break out, which is a real bummer. Will update as soon as I know for sure. Also, it does have a strong fragrance (nothing off putting, just a concern for us with sensitive skins).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I already did a review for the "Light" version of this, and now that I've been using the "Medium" version during the summer, I think it warrants its own review. I still am in love with this product. It glides on so smoothly and blends so easily that it's a dream to work with. I use the included sponge still, just like with "Light," and it works fantastically. It matches my light tan perfectly, too, so it just looks like I have to-die-for skin instead of a foundation mask. This is both a pro and a con. Luckily, after years of treatment, I've gotten my skin clear, smooth and manageable, and it doesn't need much coverage, if any. If however you're looking to cover up scars, redness, etc., this product probably isn't for you. Another con is that the product is really easy to fly through, since it's so soft and creamy. It will also melt quite quickly if it gets too hot. Overall though this is a huge winner for me - perfect lightweight coverage, amazing application, and portability all in one.

on 6/29/2011 11:24:00 AM

I bought this quite some time ago and I just rediscovered it. I read the reviews on here and then decided that I may as well just finish it up. Wow. I actually love it. The coverage, while sheer, is exactly what I've been looking for now that my skin is behaving a bit better (touch wood) and it is somewhat buildable. I use it over my Tarte Clean Slate primer and it applies beautifully. With a finishing powder I find that I hardly get greasy at all compared to every other foundation of mine. I still blot and powder half way through my day but I don't HAVE to. I find the finish to be very matte. The biggest downfall is the price for me, I seem to go through this product far too quickly to justify what I pay for it. Also the regular shade only works for me in the summer when I've got a deeper skin tone. I realize that there is a "lite" version now but when I bought it I think it was this or the darker shade.

on 3/3/2011 1:30:00 AM

I think this is the worst foundation I ever tried. The cream-to-powder thing just does not work. It starts drying & turning into a powder while you're blending it, so you really can't even blend it. The powder finish looks terrible -- splotchy, flaky...it just doesn't look good. Also, this provides NO coverage. It wouldn't even cover any redness on my face, let alone a blemish. I'll never go near this (or probably any other cream-to-powder) product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For a foundation "faker" matching "all skin tones," this is a fail! It's definitely too dark. Also, the cream feels so oily, and it made my skin feel nasty and suffocated when I put it on. I immediately took it off and washed my face twice to remove that feeling.