benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 12/19/2006 4:29:00 PM

Good sheer tint evens out my complexion. I seem to use a lot of this product to get the velvety finish I like, but I will definitely purchase again. The compact is too large (and cheap-looking) to carry in a small bag, however, so I took points off for packaging.

on 12/17/2006 1:30:00 PM

Another sucky Benefit product. :-( With Benefit, it's about the hype, not the quality.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love Some Kinda Gorgeous. I stopped wearing foundation about a year ago because my pores get clogged, but I don't like those mineral powder foundations because they look too, well, powdery. I am a very fair complected redhead, and this color ("one shade fits most") is perfect. I can see it looks a little dark when I first apply it, but when I blend it, it becomes invisible, but leaves my skin with an even, smooth finish. I look like I have great skin. I use a wedge sponge instead of the round sponge that comes with it, for a better application. I had tried Benefit's You Rebel, and like Some Kinda Gorgeous, it's "one shade fits most," but I found You Rebel looked too dark on my skin tone and I returned it. I think I've found the perfect foundation with Some Kinda Gorgeous. It's light and sheer and it makes my skin look great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this. My skin is very fair, I always take the 2nd lightest shade of foundation (I use blush ivory by laura mercier, and shade 02 in clinique perfectly real makeup). I was afraid this would be too dark, and looking at it, it is darker than my skin. But its so easy to blend, and it disappears into my skin, and makes it look like Im not wearing any foundation, let alone the wrong shade. I originally passed by this because I assumed it wasnt oil-free (I break out easily). but then I found out it was oil-free, and it made me want to try it, since I love Benefit. I havent broken out from it. The downside is that its a very sheer coverage, so if you have blemishes like me, you'll need concealer too. But it goes on nicely and dries pretty fast (it takes a minute or so to "set" so you should wait before you put on concealer otherwise it will still feel oily). I think the packaging is cute, but the sponge is too thin and chinsy. They could have at least made it more heavy duty. I'll probably replace the sponge. Anyway, I think this is a nice creme-to-powder compact if you're looking for sheer coverage, although its expensive ($26).. but it doesnt highlight flakes/dryness like similar products. And unless you're ghost-white or very tan/dark, the color should blend well, although it would be nice if they made more shades. I'd buy it again.