benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't buy this as I won it in a BeneFit pack at a charity auction. I use this as my natural foundation, which isn't often. I'm someone who usually only wears foundation on nights out, & then I use more dramatic ones.

However, when I do use this it covers my inperfections quite well & helps keep my oily skin slightly tame. I have medium skin, as in I tan well & i find this slightly too light when I'm really tanned. In the winter it blends in fine! There's also no SPF in it, which I prefer to have.

I love the packaging, with a lovely big mirror, but I don't find the sponge that great & prefer using a brush. I'm still undecided if I'll pay the money for it because I don't use it regularly, but that's the only reason really & this ones lasting ages anyway!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think Benefit's products are priced fairly high for what you get, from the blushes, to eyeliners, She-Laq, and this compact 'foundation faker' - which currently retails for $26- but, if the product is a good one, it seems like it's worth it. I think this one is worth buying. I got a deluxe sample of this in the regular (not deep) color a few weeks ago with my Sephora insider card. I didn't know what to think of it at first - was it concealer, a creme-to-powder makeup like Cover Girl's which I hated, what? I was pleased to find that you can use it all over to even out skintone or just in targeted areas, like a concealer. I wear MAC NC30/C3 and I'm medium, yellow-olive complected and it matched my skin. I like to wear this, over bare, moisturized skin, then put BE Tinted Mineral Veil or MAC Loose Powder in NC30 over for lighter makeup days. You're not going to get high coverage with this, but it's good at what it says it is for - a foundation 'faker'. I just wish that it were not so expensive. I think it probably should cost around $10 to $15. The packaging is cute but does not warrant an extra $10- $11. I don't use the sponge, I apply with clean fingers. I am truly surprised by this, as I'm oily and all other creme-to-powder makeups have made me extremely oily. This actually makes me less oily then most of my mineral makeups because it feels like my skin can breathe, with this and just loose powder dusted over. It also doesn't transfer onto my clothing and is not messy to use. It may feel oily but it's not oily, just has that 'slip' from the silicones in it. I am almost out of my deluxe sample and went out and repurchased the full size because it's fast and easy to use and I like the results for when I'm in a hurry or don't have a lot of time for my makeup. I'm in my late thirties now , I don't have a lot of lines or blemishes, and I'm blessed with fairly good skin. If you need a lot of coverage this probably is not for you, but if you have fairly decent skin and want a light makeup to even out skintone, this is really nice and easy to use.
Edited 3/2010: Do not really like this anymore. Feels waxy and an odd color on my skin. Too pasty. Also makes me very oily.

on 5/2/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product, because it leaves your skin a sheer coverage, non greasy, and even natural tone. At first, I doubt that I will like this product because the color is so dark that I don't think will suit my skin color. I just put it in my drawer for weeks until a friend of mine remind me of it. After I use it, I regret why I don't use this product the first time I bought it. My skin is oily, but this product doesn't give me worse oily skin like other foundation I've tried before.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff just didn't match my skin. And, it sucks because the colors are at such odd ends of the spectrum. Plus, it made my skin oily after wearing it for awhile. At around 30.00usd I will not buy again unless they come out with another 'color.'

on 12/28/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation it's the best I ever bought and will be buying in the future

on 11/28/2007 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best stuff I have ever used. It is much better if you apply it with a foundation brush rather than using the enclosed sponge. You can control your coverage easier. It goes on in a banana like shade but seems to transform into something wearable! People have commented on my skin because it looks more polished and less made up. I found that it lasts fairly long if you use a brush. I wear it everyday and it has lasted me over three months now. It is transferable however. I guess that's the sacrifice for having smooth looking skin. It is also the only product I have used on my oily skin that doesn't given me acne and it also tones down my shine. Two BIG thumbs up!

on 10/18/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay, first the positives. Some Kind-A Gorgeous has a nice sponge applicator, matches my skin surprisingly well, and has a powdery finish. However, there are a lot of things about this that will prevent me from buying it again. The color may work well on me, but I hate that BeneFit keeps making one-color-fits-all products just to save a little $--everyone else I know who's tried this has NOT found it matches their skin. It also has more silicone in in than almost any product I've used, and the amount you get is almost nothing considering you need quite a bit with each usage. It has some good points, but not nearly enough for me to buy again.

on 10/17/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This gave me a nice even complexion, but my face felt greasy. I didn't look shiny per se, but it just felt like a coat of oil was on my face. I typically only use powder so maybe I'm just not used to applying a creme make up to my face. I have oily skin so maybe that had something to do with it as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation as it totally smoothes out your skin and gives it a gorgeous dewy finish! The shade does suit all skin tones (surprisingly!)and looks fab. The only downsides are that it costs 19 and you only get the tiniest amount in the compact so it runs out in about 5 weeks (and that's using it sparingly!!!). It also doesn't last as by lunchtime it's generally all come off - even with a primer- so I have to re-apply. I will definately buy this again though as I love it for daytime when I find my Dior Sculpt Foundation too heavy.

I like it!