benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this product is ok....it all depends on your type of skin. I like this creame to powder idea but i find it runs out very quickly and is expensive to replace!

Alright, so I bought this awhile back when my face was on the oily side and I absolutely hated it. It left my face completely greasy and it would wipe right off. It also clogged my pores! I stashed it away after a few days. Anyway, I just had a baby and my face went from oily to dry. Instead of buying a new foundation I thought I'd give this another try. So far, not bad. On the plus side, the color is a great match for my light tan skin, evening out my skin and making it look flawless. I do apply this with a brush instead of the sponge. I've gotten quite a few compliments on my skin lately. On the downside, it does accentuate any dry patches I might have and it still rubs off easily. Overall, it's an okay product for those with a medium complexion with normal to dry skin seeking light coverage.

on 3/19/2008 3:14:00 PM

LOVE this when tried it on at the store, so bought it right away. However, as i used it the second time, i realized it does NOT match my skin tone at ALL. I have very fair skin tone, so it looks darker on me at first, but after 2 hours, my face was ORANGE. When i realized i look like i was walking around with an orange mask, I gave the compact to my lil sis right away. Besides the color, I would buy it again. Wish they had more color selections.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is an HG product for me! luckily it's my color, i love the translucence of it! I think it looks really natural and soft while evening and covering a some of my cheek redness. I do use That Gal underneath it, i'm thinking of trying another primer after i finish it.. I apply both with a foundation brush, I pretty much just apply it to the brush and then brush it on my face, blending a lot. VERY EASY, even for me and i'm no make up guru! would recommend if it suits your coloring.

on 2/7/2008 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There's not much coverage with this but it does even out my skin tone and feel good. When I use it with my Clarins concealer and Chanel Double Perfection Powder foundation, my face looks flawless.
Yes, this does make dry skin look dry and flakey.

I bought this after the Benefit SA applied it on my skin. In the store, my skin looked terrific - almost flawless. But unfortunately, I find the coverage too light when I do it myself and it accentuates any dry or flaky areas I have.

I use it on weekends when I don't feel I need to be made up.

on 12/26/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm a medium tone skin so it matches ok, I still dont know how Benefit can think 1 color will suit so many different people's skin type. Although its "Cremey" it "floats" on top of my skin and accentuates my dry skin patches. Really not flattering. I can only use this product when I have flawless, Smooth skin, Which doesn't happen everyday.
its an ok product. Works better than others, but still not well for me.

on 12/11/2007 12:57:00 PM

I really like this. When I first got it I was a bit 'errr maybe not' at how oily it looked in the compact but it was lovely to apply and has a good overall coverage. I like how the shade can be for many skin tones, and I love the packaging. It didnt look oily on my skin and lasted well.

on 12/7/2007 12:45:00 PM

I had some doubts about this product but am a big fan of Benefit. I love that it is oil-free and is vitamin packed. It feels light and goes on very smooth. I found that it was very easy to blend. It gives light, slightly more than sheer coverage. I can understand why some people find the shade off. I don't think it's a one-shade-fits-all product. I have a medium skin tone and it worked for me.

on 10/7/2007 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I just can't seem to handle liquid foundations that come in a bottle and I definitely have no patience for mineral makeup. I just prefer everything nice and tidy and packaged in a compact. That being said, my usual preference for [pressed] powder foundation wasn't working as the weather's been turning cooler (and drier), so I turned to cream-to-powder formulas for this winter. Enter Some Kind-A Gorgeous. On my NC 30/35 Asian skintone, the color blends right in and the formula doesn't feel heavy on my normal/combo skin. For anyone else who considers themselves a middle-of-the-road medium tone, this should also be a great shade for you. I apply using a foundation brush (very natural this way!) and add a light dusting of loose powder to help set everything and tone down shine. However even w/o blotting my skin looks "glowy" at worst. It also lasts all day when I wear over a primer. Some of the negatives? Well, if you're a PPP or LLL, I can totally see this looking too dark and turning orange-y. Conversely, if you have a moderate tan, this may end up too light for you. Also, if you're skin is more combo-oily, this will probably feel greasy to you (as it is I know this will NOT work for me in the summer). Lastly, the packaging could use improvement. Sure it's cute and shaped like a record, but it's also made out of white plastic that looks tacky and cheap. Also, the hinge doesn't seem very secure and I can see this cracking or breaking easily if you carry it around in your purse. Fortunately, none of the negatives apply to me personally, so I am happy w/ this product and would definitely repurchase. continued >>