benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 8/26/2008 10:28:00 PM

It's okay. Definitely not worth the hype and price. I have medium-fair skintone, and I actually thought it made me look really pale after it was all over my face. And I thought it was a little greasy feeling on my skin, but my skin is also pretty oily naturally. It wasn't terrible, but I wasn't impressed with the overall effect. For the amount of coverage and time it took to put it on, I'll stick to my regular mineral powder foundation, thanks.

on 7/10/2008 7:20:00 PM

Good for a matt even finish, bad for breakouts. Expensive for a product that with daily use you'll get through in four weeks. Slightly boring on the skin, good packaging. So fine for fun, not to be taken seriously ALTHOUGH if you have any trouble finding a shade to suit you I've seen this colour match anyone...

on 5/27/2008 2:47:00 PM

My mom and I tried this at Sephora and liked it...so we each bought one. My mom absolutely loves it. She has very smooth skin and she is trying not to put any heavy foundation on her face so this was perfect for her. She doesn't have dark circles but she has some dark spots on her face but they are not very visible (thanks to her tan). She has a pinkish undertone and I have a bit of yellow undertone and the color worked for both of us. Anyway, I ended up giving my compact to my mom because it wasn't doing much for me. I liked how smooth and soft my skin felt but I felt that this stuff was rubbing off so easily and I hated how dust and pieces of hair would get on the cream and then onto my face...the packaging sucked for something that was quite pricey...and they should do something about the sponge...my concealer also didn't stay on very well. My mom doesn't use a concealer at all btw. I give it a three because it's not a bad product. It works for certain people with certain skin types...I wish I was one of them!! My mom would have given it a five.

on 5/16/2008 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm still trying to figure out what is the purpose of this product???? I know some of you use it as a foundation, but no way, it's wayy to oily!!! I got this for free because I go to Sephora so often, I've become friends with the SA. lol Thank God I didn't waste my money, as this thing does nothing for me.

I still gave it 2 lippies because I like the texture, it's very light and it goes on smoothly. So I guess if your dark circles are light and if it does match your skin color, it will probably work for you. I would never spend my money on it though.

on 5/5/2008 12:22:00 AM

Sigh. My search for a decent foundation continues! I thought I might like this because I used to use it and I couldn't remember why I stopped. So recently I bought a new one... now I remember why I stopped using it. I broke out the day after using it with cystic pimples. Not only that but it's so oily and kind of migrates around the skin all day and seems to wipe off so easily. I won't be using this again. I'm sure there's someone out there who this would work for, but for my skin type it's not good.

on 5/3/2008 12:07:00 AM

This is a creamy product that is referred to as a "foundation faker" by BeneFit. I'm not really sure what that is, but i guess it is a makeup product that isn't really quite like foundation.

I suppose that is accurate. It is in a compact that has a label that looks like a vinyl record. It has a sort of greasy texture but it goes on very smooth and makes your skin feel super soft and silky. I would say it is sort of like sheer foundation plus primer in one; i still don't think i fully understand this product though, lol. It give a natural, no-makeup look; i carry it in my purse for touch ups or on the go makeup. It would be good for traveling.

The colour is incredibly sheer, but somehow it manages to even out your skin tone. The SA used it on me and my friend, who is darker and yellower, but it somehow still looked completely natural on both of us. It is not for covering blemishes or anything (I tried) but does a decent job on general uneveness and slight redness.

I think it wears pretty well, and it doesn't make me greasy, but it might not be for oily people, or those sensitive to 'cones.

I have dry/combo slighlty sensitive skin; MAC NC27.

Ingredients from Package:
Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Propylparaben, Pentaerythrityl, Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hidroxyhdrocinnamate

I paid US$26 for 9.5g/0.34oz

on 5/2/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product, because it leaves your skin a sheer coverage, non greasy, and even natural tone. At first, I doubt that I will like this product because the color is so dark that I don't think will suit my skin color. I just put it in my drawer for weeks until a friend of mine remind me of it. After I use it, I regret why I don't use this product the first time I bought it. My skin is oily, but this product doesn't give me worse oily skin like other foundation I've tried before.

on 4/30/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This foundation does not work for me. I am not really a foundation kinda girl....I usually use TM and foundation powder or just moisturizer and foundation powder. I like the idea of a grab and go solid foundation, but some kind-a gorgeous just isn't great. feels very very very oily while you are applying....not smooth and creamy but oily. doesn't cover like I expected from a foundation....covers just a little less than my tinted moisturizer. (I use TheBalm Balm Shelter TM) feels yucky on my face....leaves it super shiny and doesn't sink in to skin. I imagine if you didn't set this with a powder it would rub off in seconds on everything your face touched. Wearing this throughout the day, it is very obvious that I am wearing foundation (keep in mind that I have almost perfect skin, so just imagine how bad it might look on someone who really needs coverage!). You can see those yucky little foundation 'lines' and smudges on my chin and nose....and I'm not an oily skinned gal. Icky. also makes my concealer under my eyes not work as well and slide off. The only reason I gave this two lippies instead of one was that it didn't irritate my skin like so many other makeups do. I would not recommend this :/ too bad because I like benefit!
*Update* I knocked this down to one lippy because even though I only wore it for a day and washed it off before I went to bed, it made me break out like crazy!!!!!!!!!

on 4/24/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I received a deluxe sized sample of this. This is one of those products that I've wanted to try out for a while and took me a while to get around to it. They now offer this in a deep shade I believe but my sample was of the original shade. I'm not sure if this would truly suit all skintones like it claims but it definitely suits mine. MAC NC 25/Shell (30) in Chanel T.I. I'm not someone who needs a ton of coverage but this was very very light. I think I somehow get more coverage from using concealer where needed and dusting with powder. Someone who is trying to ease into the world of foundation might benefit the most from this, as far as getting used to the feel of things.

On the plus side, very cool packaging, but that's about all I can say. :-)Retails for $26.00, won't purchase full size.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Definitely agree with other reviewers about those that don't want foundation - this is it. I was That Gal who only wore moisturiser really to go out, but this teamed with That Gal just makes my skin look supple, and smooth with a hint of colour (I'm NC35 olive) but it just feels SO light, and so smooth, I was intimidated by all other foundations, never having worn them, this is the perfect compromise. Plus, *hee* the packaging just rocks.