benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i really like this foundation it covers well is easy to blend and is pretty long lasting.This is the first foundation i ever bought a second time i loved it so much.i have since changed to a mineral line (jane iredale) but still highly endorse benefit the coverage it just so much better.

on 5/16/2009 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a new foundation, when the counter girl first put this on me I wasn't very impressed. I still bought it thinking how I wanted something other than liquids or mineral powder, seemed like something new.

So when I put this on for myself, I applied it with the brush and I have to say I looked GORGEOUS!! I looked so amazing and found that putting some minerals on top it would not give me that dreaded shine I get with my oily skin. I wore this to my friend's for a housewarming party, and hours later in the day when I looked in the mirror I still looked AMAZING.

Unfortunately, the next morning when I woke up I had HUGE ZITS all over my face!! :( I always am careful to remove my makeup and cleanse properly, usually I do not breakout from other products I have used. I loved how beautiful this made my skin look I even tried it a few more times using acne treatment (Benzyl peroxide cream) underneath. No matter what I tried it always gave me horrible breakouts :(

The bottom line: Everyone should try this! if it makes you break out like it did to me, you can always return it ;)

You don't really get a whole lot of bang for your buck here in my opinion. Whilst the packaging is cute (hello Benefit's main selling point!) what's inside doesn't really differ a whole lot from your average creme foundation. Sure it's pretty light and silky and matches your skin tone ok, but it's nothing to write home about, especially considering the price!

on 4/15/2009 5:52:00 PM

Yuck.

One of the worst products I've ever tried. Seems to work for a lot of others, but definitely not for me.

I got this in a sample at a Sephora store. I decided to try it one day and I loved it. After the tiny sample finished, I went back to the store and bought it. Its very light but when I put it on it seemed to blend to my medium skin tone perfectly, Im spanish so trust me I have a light natural tan all year, and it still matched. It's so light and smooth, it leaves your face like silk to the touch. I know youre not suppose to touch your face (for hygiene reasons), but I couldn't help it to the lovely velvety feel. However after a few days of wearing it, I started to notice I was breaking out, tiny little zits in different places, not too many, most people wouldnt notice, but up close in the mirror I did. My skin without it had no silky feel whatsoever. I notice I was breaking out more on days I wore this, wether alone or on top of my foundation. I have combination skin, and some times it can get very very oily, so this product is not the right product for me. I think this is better if you have good to moderate skin. For some reason, I do still find myself wearing it on some days (I still have some left) because I like the whole "no-makeup look", and this works great for that....Im still searching for foundation as light as this one but that wont cause me to breakout :/

on 3/19/2009 6:53:00 PM

I got this as a sample from sephora and I'm glad I tried it out. I dont' usually like the stuff that doesn't come in a variety of shades to get a good skin tone match but this one is great. It's very very light coverage so if you have skin issues or things you are trying to cover up I wouldn't use it. It's great for days when I am in a hurry I just put a little on then some powder on top - also would only use this on clear days, not if I had a breakout, it wouldn't be enough. But it's very light, silky touch and goes on very smooth. I will definitely be buying more of this for summer.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was so excited to get this product because a friend of mine just raves about it, but I am so dissapointed with it. They only have 2 shades and the lighter shade is way to light for my face, but the darker one ( the one i have) make me look like I applied a cheap tanning cream, it is super orange and it has no coverage at all, its very sheer, sadly, i wont be buying this again.....

I really like the packaging but this was WAY too orange for me. It looked ridiculous. Sadly had to return it.

on 11/29/2008 11:26:00 AM

I've used this once, so might review again later but...

i haven't come across anything so smooth, that seamlessly melts into my skin like this one! I have large pores on my cheeks and not much acne, but my skin tone's uneven from past acne blemishes. Plus i've got combi skin, and here in singapore(hot humid climate) all i want is something breathable and light... as long it evens out my skin tone and lasts.

I applied this one abt noon today, didn't set with powder(lazy me). within 2h, my combi skin was pretty oily, so i tissue-blotted and set it with the lightest hand of compact powder(some drugstore brand from korea, my point being, any brand will do) and honestly i thot i'm stuck with a full pot of oily schmuck n prayed my makeup wouldn't run later. so i hung out for 4h and amazingly, my makeup looked almost as fresh. i blotted a little, didn't touch up and hung out another 3h and still my makeup did not oxidise, run or fall apart.

it's really good how it stays without touching up (some of you might prefer powdering up a wee bit, cos i'm quite minimalistic *lazy* abt makeup), plus cos i'm a mmm, my bronzy-tan skin tone STAYED glowy till 9pm... no dulling/darkening from oxidation, no major runny/oiliness incident (if set with really light powder pats). from not wearing makeup daily, i think i'll consider wearing this everyday, to even out my skin tone.

on 8/31/2008 12:48:00 AM

Did not work for me at all. Somehow it makes my skin looks blah. It's a bit too "greasy" for my liking and somehow balls up when I apply it with my fingers. Yuck. If you use the given sponge, more of it will get on the sponge and not on your face.Took too much time to perfect it on my face, might as well just use my regular foundation instead of this. Bye bye SKAG!