benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 12/30/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an interesting product. Its a primer mixed with color. It feels like cream foundation but has a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer. I have NC35-NC37 skintone (yellow olive beige) and when applied this is very light for me, but when I use a bronzer over it, my imperfections are gone, I would say this product provides a light to medium in coverage, and my skin looks dewey. I have overly oily skin, and It stayed on me majority of the day on my skin and I think its due to the primer (Feel So Good) in this product. This product has a tendency to ball up if the product dries before I blend it. While the concept is good, I like using my own primer, let that dry, and then use my foundation, this way, using two different products provide a seamless coverage without balling up.

on 12/30/2009 8:01:00 AM

This is the first "proper" foundation I've ever used. I bought this a while ago, but have barely started using it because when I first tried it, I didn't like the way it emphasised all the dry places on my face, and found my Stila SPF 15 tinted moisturiser (which I usually use) more convenient. But recently I tried using this after moisturising my face beforehand (with Hazeline Snow) and letting the moisturiser sit a bit, and that seemed to be the secret that will allow me to use up this foundation. After moisturising, it worked quite well - gave me enough coverage, and the shade blends quite well into my skin tone (East Asian fair-medium). In fact, being a TM devotee, this foundation initially felt a bit too matte, and it took me a while to get used to that.

It feels very light, and sits nicely on my combination skin even after several hours. For some reason, despite my combination skin, I didn't have the problems with greasiness that other commenters have noted. But I haven't used this for many days in a row, so I'm not sure how well my skin would react to that. Packaging-wise, I agree with other commenters who found the sponge unsanitary - I wash mine every so often, and might change it soon.

I don't know if I will buy it again because it sells for SGD$60 here, and I'm planning to try MAC foundations, but if those other products don't work out I would definitely consider repurchasing this.

I truly love this product. It goes on very sheer and stays put all day. I wasn't one to wear foundation but if you need a natural look, this is truly the way to go.

on 12/20/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finished using one of these and just kept it for the mirror. Thinking back, the sponge was very unsanitary to use with the compact. No wonder I broke out so many times!
It is quite creamy and has a light to medium coverage. The feeling that it leaves on my face is nice and smooth. Somehow the packaging and method of application deters me from buying this again.

on 12/11/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Urgh! Another waste of money and another bit of make-up thrown in the ''old make-up box' that I don't want to throw away as it was expensive but prob won't use again. I do have oily skin but the lady at the BeneFit counter said it would be great. It's awful. Its really greasy and when you put it on your face it doesn't go on evenly, it has a really orange tinge to it and it doesn't stay on for five minutes before it's practically running off your face. Really dissapointed and a complete waste of money.

on 12/1/2009 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this
product, but I just couldn't. I'm a faithful MAC Studio Fix Fluid user and for my everyday make up I mix my foundation with moisturizer (why buy tinted moisturizer when you can make your own!) just to tone down the feeling of having foundation own. I was (am still) looking for a light- medium coverage foundation that I could apply easily and fast. When I saw this product I felt I had found the holy grail. Under the lights of Sephora the Deep shade blended with my skin tone perfectly (I'm NC40) so I took it home with me, however once we wete at home things changed. As Iapplied I felt I was getting darker and darker (not pretty dark, more like oompa loompa dark), but I kept going. I tried to set it with MAC Prep+Prime Finishing Powder, but everytime I touched my face my hands had foundation all over them! And last, but not least, I who only have break outs during THAT time of the bmonth, had a break out the next morning after using this. Needless to say I put it in it's cute little pink box and inside Sephora's cute little bag because it is going back. Oh and it smells awful, I tried, but I just can't like it =(

Not a full coverage product in my case because i have hyper pigmentation ...but I LOVE IT ...a little pricey but seems to last be longer than i thought it would ...Makes my skin feel soft and really does not let the shine come through from oil throughout the day...I can also use both colors it comes in.

A good idea, very, very light foundation - so light that you nearly can't call it a foundation, it's what you would call "whisper-soft" if you were full of cliches. Very little coverage and a powdery texture once on the skin, it has a "veil effect". For me it's not enough, I want more substance to my foundation, but if you've got good skin and don't mind the slight sponge marks when applying, then this could be quite nice. I realise "quite nice" isn't high praise but it's all it's getting.

on 7/18/2009 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is so light and smooth, it leaves your face like silk to the touch. I know youre not suppose to touch your face (for hygiene reasons), but I couldn't help it to the lovely velvety feel. However after a few days of wearing it, I started to notice I was breaking out, tiny little zits in different places, not too many, most people wouldnt notice, but up close in the mirror I did. My skin without it, had no silky feel whatsoever. I notice I was breaking out more on days I wore this, wether alone or on top of my foundation. I have combination skin, and some times it can get very very oily, so this product is not the right product for me. I think this is better if you have good to moderate skin. For some reason, I do still find myself wearing it on some days (I still have some left) because I like the whole "no-makeup dewy look", and this works great for that....Im still searching for foundation as light as this one but that wont cause me to breakout.

on 7/11/2009 10:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this but it was just too expensive for the amount it has. I liked how it gave me a nice sheer dewy look but it picked up some dry patches on my skin. The packaging is convenient for travel and it's also really cute. But the product was used up really quickly. I also didn't like the sponge...preferred a brush instead. I won't be repurchasing this....