benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 6/5/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ladies..this is the best cream to powder foundation I've ever used! This product is easy to work with, lightweight, natural and silky to the touch. I'm an nc35 and the original shade of some kinda gorgeous matches perfectly. When I get a bit more tanned in the summer, I just mix this with You Rebel tinted moisturizer or Hoola bronze for a perfectly believable sunkissed look! I was worried about this foundation at first because it feels oily when you touch it. However, once applied the product dries to a powdery finish. It evens out my skin tone and mattifies my combination skin. I even use this in the hot, humid weather and it still stays put. I have very sensitive skin and none of the Benefit products have caused breakouts..unlike MAC, NARS and other high end brands. Try this, you'll love it too =-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very oily, not good at all if you live in a humid area (i live in south florida) this seemed to slide right off my face and even caused me to break out!! I wont be buying this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a Benefit sample kit, so I didn't really risk paying a lot for it. First off, I was kinda confused as to what this is- it's not supposed to be a foundation, but is supposed to fake it. Hmm. Ok. So I was thinking maybe it's a tinted moisturizer type thing, which it isn't either since it's not that kinda formula (I know Benefit makes their own TM anyway). The actual product is very lightweight, seems kinda creamy (and sometimes oily which makes me nervous since I'm prone to breakouts)when applying, then almost immediately dries into a powder finish. Aaannd...I see nothing. No coverage, can't even tell that it's on. So if you're like me and need something that will even out your skin tone and do somewhat of a good job concealing, or actually do something in terms of improvement, this product is pointless. If you're skin is pretty decent and you just want something on your face for the sake of having something on you face, you might like it. I would take a tinted moisturizer over this any day- this is just pointless unless you have perfect skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I don't like this product, the color match was fine but it made me look shiny and oily all over my face. I don't like the texture or the smell of the product. It doesn't seem to do anyhing for me at all. I can see it on my skin but it is so sheer it doesn't cover anything or even out anything either. I will be returning this and I will never purchase it again.

on 4/9/2010 5:41:00 PM

I think this is sorta hit or miss for a lot of people. I am one of the people who love it. For reference, I have oily to combo skin. I got the little sample of this in the Sephora kit and have gotten a lot of use out of it. I happen to really love the way it looks on my skin. It gives me just enough coverage where my skin looks good, but isn't cakey. It also gives me a nice glow, but not in an oil slick way. I bought the full size and plan on using this as my daily foundation during the summer.

on 3/9/2010 3:02:00 PM

I bought this product based on a friend's recommendation. I tried her's out first before I bought it. I really liked it because it was SO much lighter (felt lighter) than loading on foundation on my face and much faster. It makes my skin look so even and flawless.

I don't like to use sponges, so I use a brush to stipple it on to my face, this give it a more even look rather than swiping it across my face (cuz it shows). This automatically replaces my BB cream for sure.
I think this product is great for those who are looking for/only require light coverage. Also, based on other people's reviews, breakouts seem to be a problem. I myself don't breakout so easily and NEVER had a problem with this product. I have extremely dry skin, and I always apply my laura mercier foundation primer (on type of my sunscreen) before applying this. Perhaps due to the extra moisturizing from the primer, I don't get any dry spots as someone else has mentioned. I made it work for me, it's workable.
Therefore I recommend this product for non-acne sensitive people who wants to even out their skintone with light coverage, without the use of foundation.

on 2/18/2010 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this product/thought I did initially, but...this stuff smells horrible to me. I looked through reviews and no one else seems to have noted this, but to me this stuff is the worst smelling foundation on the planet. Despite liking the texture and idea behind this product I would never repurchase. I even returned the first one I bought because I thought I'd received a turned product, but same bad smell. Also, let's face it - there needs to be a few more color options. The packaging isn't all that great either if you plan on toting this around for touch ups. Dipping your sponge into it and then resting the applicator on top of the product to breed germs is a major bacteria fest.

on 2/1/2010 9:12:00 AM

This is the very first foundation that I really love. It goes on smoothly, has a nice silky feeling when applied and covers decently. Great!
Two things that annoy me about it. Firstly, after using it daily for only a fortnight and always with a foundation brush (!) I've already hit the pan. I hope it will last me another 4 weeks. But still. Because, secondly it is expensive. 30 Euro for a product that will hopefully last me 6 weeks is insane.
I think I will purchase this again, but I'm still hesitant because of the price-performance ratio.

UPDATE 3/15/2010:
I don't know why but I went from really loving it to hating it. Somehow I became paler in the last weeks and it doesn't match my skin any more at all. I have the light shade and it's 3 shades darker than my skin tone and too yellowish. It became greasier over time and I didn't like the feeling of it when applied.

I could have gotten another week of daily application out of it but I'm so fed up that I just want it out of my makeup bag. This makes it last about 2 months which is better than I intially thought but still not enough to justify the price, at least in my book.

The fact that there are only two shades, the high price and the change in texture over time make not want to repurchase.

I am kind of surprised at the negative reviews of this product, but after reading them I understand why.
First, tons of people are making the biggest mistake in makeup application. Never ever use a sponge!! it doesn't matter if the product come with it or it is your own. Sponges soak up 80% of products and harbor tons of bacteria. I understand that some people say the product gets used up fast, it is because they use sponges. Using a foundation brush is much better.
When using a foundation brush, this product goes on smoothly and is easily blended. It makes your skin look dewy and natural, like no makeup. . You don't use a lot of makeup because the brush does not soak up the makeup. 1 compact last me about 3 months, and I use it almost every day. The coverage is sheer. Not a product for ladies who want a little more coverage. Also, If you have super oily skin this may not be the product for you. But for normal, combination, or dry skin, it is awesome!

***UPDATE**
I just started using a stipling brush (MAC 187) and it works amazingly with this product. It doesn't use hardly any product and it make your skin look great.

on 1/12/2010 12:37:00 AM

Love this! My skin has been uber dry lately because of the cold weather and my normal mineral foundation just doesn't look right. This smooths out my complexion without any weight. As recommended by others, I set it with translucent powder. It really lasts all day.