benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 10/20/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy using this product. Granted, it's very light coverage and my skin needs a little more so I do use a powder over it (Merle Norman Luxiva Powder Foundation). But, it's a great base and smoother. That's really what I love about Benefit products, in general. They can help you fake it even if you're having some skin issues (dryness, splotchiness, redness, etc). This is a great smoother, but not a standalone for me. I still really like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was included in a Benefit set I purchased at Sephora. There is a strong chemical scent, almost like plastic. There is no way I could wear this in the Spring/Summer time because it makes me oily. But I do enjoy it in the winter. It has medium coverage and sinks well into the skin. This product is hit or miss. People either love it or hate it. I have seen a to-go version at Sephora. I would suggest for people to try that before purchasing the full size. I would probably not repurchase. This is expensive for the amount you get and there are far better foundation options out there.

on 6/23/2011 5:13:00 PM

This is my HG foundation for sure! I have been using it for a week now and don't know what I did before I had it. It give very sheer coverage (which is what I wanted, I HATE full coverage foundation as my skin is even w/o it) and leaves a flawless soft finish. What I love best is how it minimizes pores and helps control oil. If you are looking for sheer coverage with an airbrushed finish, THIS IS IT! Another awesome product by Benefit! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in the Benefit Beauty in a Box. Love the name, and the packaging is cute but that's all the positives. I tried the Medium and it seemed a bit orange-y for my skin-tone. It did melt into my skintone after quite a bit of blending but I felt it like my tone was off. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2011 11:48:00 AM

I can't believe I bought this because of some marketing technique they had...raving about this product...it's such a scam..the worst foundation I have ever used! no coverage at all..u just feel like u're applying some kinda oil on ur face...no coverage on pores freckles scar...doesn't..at most u can say it makes ur skin color a bit better than bare skin..it isn't even a foundation...and it's not moisturizing..it's just OILY..u feel like u're applying oil on ur face for no reason..
and if u want SOME coverage..it'll take u half of the compact...and ur face will look like some oily freak and the coverage is still bad..and VERY CAKEY too...and it sets in every pore u have
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IT'S HORRIBLE

Bad coverage, makes pores look huge, shiny, SMELLS BAD. Main problem though----this product broke me out worse than any makeup I have EVER used. Actually this is the first makeup product that has broken me out at all since high school. I DO NOT RECOMMEND! Especially if you are acne prone or have sensitive skin.

on 1/17/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I rarely give a product only one lippie but unfortunately this foundation just really failed on me. First of all what is this "matches all skin tones"?? Because it sure does not match mine, it was way too dark for me. Secondly, it covers nothing. Maybe if you have good skin this might be great but I have some acne scarring and occasional blemishes so this is a no-no. Why would I want to wear a foundation if I don't want any covarage? Also, this really accentuates my dry areas, making them look twice as bad. I would only recommend this product to people with medium skin tone, even and healthy skin. Unfortunately I fit in none of those categories :(

on 11/16/2010 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Ugh...what a joke. I got this at sephora around Oct. 1st after wandering around the store trying to resist buying UD BOS3. I decided to buy a powder foundation but could not decide what to get. I tried SkAG and was really amazed as to how the medium colour was able to match my skin. It looks greasy but it looked good on skin. I am not bit*ing about the quality of the product. It is okay although the staying power could be better. I apply with Sonya Kashuk sponge and am able to blend it well.
So here is my problem, liquid foundations last me a loong loong time, to the point where I have to throw them away for fear of expired product messing with my skin. I certainly have not used this product every day, maybe 15times for the 45 days I've owned it and today I hit pan!!!! I have product around the edges but what...that's gonna last me another 15applications. Are you freaking kidding me??? I paid $28 +tax for this. I would have been better off shelling extra $ for a fancier product like Channel or GA, it would have been cheaper compared to this.
Benefit is a seriously disappointing brand of cosmetics. It's cute and funky but so not functional and worth the money. Beware, do not waste money on this product!

on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

on 11/14/2010 11:39:00 PM

I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I LOVE this product. I like the finish, color match, and light coverage it provides. I'm a combo-skin girl with some enlarged pores and redness issues, and this makes me look presentable.

Here's my tried and true routine:
-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Benefit Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)