benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really love benefit products, and this is my go-to foundation during cooler months (which is most of the year in chicago). the color works well with my medium-ish complexion and has never made me break out, but it does leave me a bit shiny when the temperature rises and i get more oily. i wear it with benefit's that gal(!) primer and a bit of sugarbomb blush, which gives me a healthy glow when the winter is dragging me down. i apply with a makeup sponge and never use the sponge included with the compact (i was never able to get a smooth finish with the included sponge. plus.... dragging the same sponge across my face 100 times sounds as gross as it is). totally recommended.

on 6/5/2012 3:54:00 PM

I bought this product after a friend tried it out and raved about it to me. Always looking for the holy grail of foundations and ideally something in a compact that I can put on when I'm on the move or touch up at work, so this seemed perfect.

The packaging is very cute retro sixties style record with a handy little mirror and it comes with a sponge to apply. The first thing I noticed when I opened up the compact is that what seems like a chunky compact from the outside that would look to hold a decent amount of product is actually mostly the tray to hold the sponge, and the part that holds the product is only about 4mm deep so you don't get very much product at all. Not good for around 23.

When I put the product on with the sponge it felt like the sponge kind of sucked a lot of it up and that not much went onto my face. I'm quite fair and found that the shade was a bit orangey and would leave me with orangey patches unless i put a lot of the product on. Once on it did look nice (velvety matte kind of finish) but I found that it just didn't last. I have the type of skin that foundation doesn't stay on very easily but found that after a couple of hours I'd need to re-apply- even for me it wore off very quickly. My friend who bought it before me also commented that she had to use a lot of product to get an even coverage.

I used this for about a week and then SHOCK HORROR realised that the bottom of the container had started to show through because I had had to use so much product and it was running out so quickly (also happened to my friend). Then I felt I had to eke it out and not use so much because it's so expensive, which meant it didn't look so good.

If it came in a container twice the size and cost half as much, I might consider buying this again, but for a product that costs so much to buy and comes with such a small amount of foundation in it, it's not really justifiable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never used a cream foundation before and I did like it more then I thought I would. I got a kit that contained a miniature version in medium, it could be a bit more yellow toned to match my skintone but that's fine. I have dry skin and I like dewy foundation, this will give you a powdery finish once applied. I have to use a highlighter and fix+ to make it more dewy. It has light to medium coverage and does make the skin look good but I find it messy to apply (did it with fingers) and you have to use a lot off product. This is not bad but I prefer a liquid foundation that gives my skin a healthy glow.

on 4/7/2012 1:47:00 PM

This is a neat little product that can work beautifully but only for certain types of skin and only if you're looking for a velvet matte finish. When I purchased it I assumed it would work decently for dry skin since it is a cream but it's like a few seconds after you apply it a wizard magically transforms it into a powder, and I mean really powdery...it's weird. You go to touch your face and become confused because you know you haven't even applied powder yet...or did you? No, you didn't! Now you're worried that if you do powder it you might look over powdery but if you don't your makeup might not last! So what do you do? The instructions don't tell you! Well for me, it does not last very long on its own so it needs powder but the powder makes it look cakey and very dry so I have to use fix spray over top and after all of that it only looks marginally decent; but my skin is dry so I probably shouldn't be using it in the first place. It does cover flaws and pores quite nicely and goes on evenly. It doesn't last very long without powder, oxidizes and darkens which I hate. It also only comes in few shades, the palest is still too dark and yellow for me unfortunately...when will makeup companies cater to the achromatic women of the world!

I was so excited to purchase and try this product! It seemed like the answer to all my problems...a one step foundation that was a "short cut to gorgeous" as the package describes.... This was a HORRIBLE product. I have a lot of redness and combination skin and this made my dry patches stand out and my oily areas appear greasy and slick.

It was pretty expensive and it made my skin look orange. It did not cover anything that I needed it to. I now use a maybelline foundation and than I put this on top...just so I can get RID of it and justify the expensive purchase. I used other benefit products and I found the only good thing about them is their appealing packaging...after that there are no "Benefits". I only like HIGH BEAM and the cheek stain.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN AND WALLET!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First time I used it I fell in love right away. Perhaps it was more because of the package than the product itself. In general, I like it, but I have two concerns about it: the color stays on my clothes, and it kinds of highlights my lines under the eyes, especially.

on 1/11/2012 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate it. hate it hate it. Will never buy it again.
Gives minimal coverage with expensive price!
(T.T)

on 12/29/2011 10:50:00 PM

My sister-in-law got me a holiday gift set for Christmas and this came in the set in medium. I don't use foundation, just a tinted moisturizer. So I tried this over my regular Oil of Olay moisturizer and it was alright. The coverage is sheer, which is how I want it. Its easy to apply, I used a stippling brush and it blends very well. It disappears into your skin almost instantly. It doesn't feel heavy at all and when you touch your skin after application it feels very nice and smooth. However, it doesn't really do anything. It didn't change my life or anything. The packaging is insanely cute though. But for the price? I feel like it should at least do something!! So I will not be re-purchasing.

I just brought this in travel size for 9 dollars at Sephora. I think it would be a good product if you have oily skin type. For my dry/combination skin, it really helps hiding my big pores on my T-zone, but it also caused my skin to flake in my cheeks and it stuck to the lines under my eyes. So, I would not buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried experimenting with this a few times but I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry/combination skin. I think if you have perfect skin it will work really well evening out the color of your skin. But if you have redness, acne, or blemishes, this foundation will have little coverage and you'll end up using a lot of concealer to attempt a perfect face. It goes on smooth, but ends up caking and drying quickly. I guess it's good on the go or if you're planning to stay the night somewhere and aren't taking a makeup bag with you. Good for touch-ups, not as a foundation.