benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 3/3/2007 11:17:00 PM

OK I get why this is called "foundation faker" b/c this does absolutely NOTHING that a foundation should do. 1) it looks oily and 2) it doesn't cover anything! and i mean NOTHING. I have OK skin - doesn't need a lot of coverage but using this made me break out into little bumps and it covered nothing. Also i have DRY/COMBO skin at that! Debating whether or not just to toss this into the garbage! However I do think the packaging is cute despite what some may say. There is a MUCH better d/s product by JANE (cream to powder foundation) works excellent and actually COVERS! and at only $5 it's 1/6 of the price for THIS benefit crap!

on 1/26/2007 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had major reservations about this product due to my pale skin. I thought no way could this not end up looking orange on me like everything else. I was in Macy's and looking to use a store credit, the make up artist persuaded me to try it and i loved it, bought it right on the spot. Not too cakey if you use a decent moisturizer with it, and i like the packaging. I find it quite, yet durability is what i want and it seems to me that Benefit products are very durable. I will be using this "faker" on my pale bluish tinged skin for a while.

on 1/15/2007 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is relatively new in the UK, after reading a mailer I got from Benefit I decided to give this a try. My skin can get a little red at times, I used to spend a lot of time trying to cover it up when I finally realised if I just let my skin breathe things might improve. This product is great, it is very sheer (emphasis on the word sheer, covereage with SKOG is virtually non-existent). It did however go on like a dream and even out my skin so that it looked just normal with a nice texture, I did find if you have any dry patches it does tend to accentuate them. The sponge applicator is dreadful and the packaging is twee as hell but the "fake" foundation does the job - it is claimed that one colour suits all however I am convinced on lighter skins this would not work so well, i'm medium so could get away with it.

on 1/7/2007 3:06:00 PM

This is a total miracle product! I tend to think some of the Benefit product concepts are a bit hokey and don't go for them, but I was first drawn to this by the adorable packaging (I'm a record collector)! When I tried it on my skin, I was amazed. I'm pretty pale with yellow undertones. It disappears into my skin. I have dry patches, too, so usually foundations are very noticeable on me. Not the case with this one! I apply with my fingers and it goes on super smooth, almost liquifies upon contact, but it dries to a powdery finish and cannot be seen in even the most harsh light! Go to the counter and give it a try... I'm sure you'll be amazed. I am always disappointed, though, in Benefit's lack of consideration for those with other skintones.

on 12/21/2006 2:55:00 PM

This was a product I expected to try once and toss-- I received a sample from Sephora, and after reading the reviews here I didn't expect much. BUT, as it turns out, this is a nice foundation if you are looking for something very sheer. They call it the "foundation faker," and that's a good way to put it. This is NOT going to work like a normal foundation in terms of coverage-- again, it is very light and sheer. That said, I have combo skin, and like another reviewer below I find that Some Kind-a Gorgeous is AMAZING at making the pores on my nose significantly less visible. I have been applying just a little bit of this with my fingers to areas of my face that need a bit of evening-out, and following up with Everyday Minerals finishing powder. Unlike a lot of creme-to-powder foundations, this one goes on very smoothly and evenly (no streaks), and although my skin is quite fair I am not having trouble with the color looking orange or too dark. It just blends right in. Maybe the trick is to just use a little of this with your fingers, skipping any kind of sponge applicator...?

on 11/28/2006 12:45:00 PM

I got a sample of this from Sephora also and almost didn't try it because the idea of it strikes me as so absurd. One shade fits all? Are you kidding me? How many HE counters have I been to to have all number of SA's expertly match me to my foundation shades over the years? and not a single match has ever been truly perfect. Well. . . turns out I am one of the lucky ones this shade really works for--I must have truly medium skin--this stuff was MADE for me, it's unbelievable. It doesn't look like I am wearing any sort of base. . . my skin just looks better. The cutsy poopsy packaging makes me gag, and I usually hate most Benefit products, but I am buying this full size as soon as I use my 2 samples up (barring any strange skin reactions, of course).

on 11/21/2006 4:40:00 PM

I got this as a sample from the Sephora cirque code. I'm NC20 in MAC, Stila 20 watts, and this was way too dark for me. My face looked orangey. I really liked the texture of this product, and the smooth finish. It doesn't feel like you are wearing foundation at all, and my skin feels so smooth. It has very minimal coverage, so if you are looking for at least medium coverage, this wouldn't be a good choice. I'll keep my sample for when I go to the Bahamas, as I'm sure I'll be darker then, but I won't purchase.

on 11/21/2006 3:23:00 PM

Wow. I'm very impressed. I never would have thought that a 1-color product would look good on my fair, warm-toned skin. Boy, am I wrong. This is a fantastic, sheer foundation that really does even out your skintone (you don't think you need it, but you do)and it looks invisible. I can't believe this is so good. I haven't bought a Benefit product in years because I really thought their quality wasn't that great, but this is so fabulous. You really must try this out. So natural and not powdery at all. I have very sensitive skin (for example, if I walk into a smoky bar, my skin will turn blotchy), and so far this has not given me any kind of reaction. Really...give this a try. I was so pleasantly surprised. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this. My skin is very fair, I always take the 2nd lightest shade of foundation (I use blush ivory by laura mercier, and shade 02 in clinique perfectly real makeup). I was afraid this would be too dark, and looking at it, it is darker than my skin. But its so easy to blend, and it disappears into my skin, and makes it look like Im not wearing any foundation, let alone the wrong shade. I originally passed by this because I assumed it wasnt oil-free (I break out easily). but then I found out it was oil-free, and it made me want to try it, since I love Benefit. I havent broken out from it. The downside is that its a very sheer coverage, so if you have blemishes like me, you'll need concealer too. But it goes on nicely and dries pretty fast (it takes a minute or so to "set" so you should wait before you put on concealer otherwise it will still feel oily). I think the packaging is cute, but the sponge is too thin and chinsy. They could have at least made it more heavy duty. I'll probably replace the sponge. Anyway, I think this is a nice creme-to-powder compact if you're looking for sheer coverage, although its expensive ($26).. but it doesnt highlight flakes/dryness like similar products. And unless you're ghost-white or very tan/dark, the color should blend well, although it would be nice if they made more shades. I'd buy it again.