benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 9/8/2007 8:05:00 PM

This is a terrible product on many levels, and this is spoken by a person for whom this was a good color match (PPP). The MA persisted in trying this on me after I told her that I don't like to use cream or liquid foundations. She said this is "different." It's not. It's worse. It "sat" on my skin, like grease, and made my pores stick out, which is very strange considering that I have porcelain doll, "poreless" skin. By the end of the day I was left with a shimmery greasy mess for a face -- and I have normal to dry skin. I really don't recommend this product for anyone, even if it's a good color match for you. I don't know what's in it but I'm guessing that it's not healthy ingredients for your skin anyway. And also, I hate the corny Benefit packaging.

on 7/26/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My new favorite thing! I usually use MAC Select Tint, but this has replaced it. It makes my skin look even and smooth. I was shocked at what a difference it made. I don't need a lot of concealing so this is perfect for me. My cheek stain and gel bronzer blend over it perfectly. Plus, it hasn't made me break out. I have been applying it with a brush and like it much better than the sponge. I have a little discoloration under my nose, and if I add another layer is blends it out completely. My skin can get a little oily throughout the day and this holds up. Love it!

on 7/15/2007 1:25:00 PM

i was bombarded by a very persistant (yet friendly and kind :P) BeneFit counter girl when i was at The Bay the other day... i had seen this product before at Sephora and thought "pfffff... there is no way this colour could suit EVERY skin tone!" (i'm NC30). long story short, she somehow got me to buy a couple of things and i was so surprised! it matched my skin perfectly and gave me a nice natural look, without being too heavy! (i normally use MAC Studio Fix powder). i still had to use a concealer for under my eyes, but i'd def. buy again! :)

on 6/26/2007 12:37:00 PM

They said this compliments every complexion, but that'd be complete bull pucky. I looked like a greasy Oompa Loompa after using this. It was just horrible. Save your $$$ and look elsewhere, ladies. This stuff is Some Kind-A Fugly.

on 6/25/2007 1:57:00 PM

Love this foundation!!!! This is the only creame foundation that I have used that truely does leave me with a flawless complexion!! And it is so natural and the color is perfect!!

on 6/2/2007 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product at first. I wanted somthing to use between my winter and summer skin. I usually use liquid foundation so I am use to light coverage. This product looks really good on me in the morning but has no staying power. And I only apply it once a day and the container barley had enough for a month. I usually can get 2 months out of my foundation. I did not break out with it though like others have said. I would not buy it again because it is just too expensive for what it is.

LOVE.IT. I would say that maybe I've broken out a bit more afterward, but most makeup does that to me. Great coverage, easy, one step application. I notice I can just use a bit "extra" for concealer. Great as an eyeshadow primer as well. For the money, it's worth it. I've thrown out my mineral makeup- I have no need to go back. The only suggest I have would be including at least another sponge.

on 4/24/2007 4:06:00 PM

I bought this to use on my wedding day for coverage. I typically don't like to wear any foundation type of product ~ but this is different. It does go on softly, but almost changed to a powdery consistency. I do have an oily t-zone and did not notice that this aggravated it. I will prob still be using a concealer that is heavier around my eye area, but other than that, this seems to tone out all my red spots around my lower cheek area. I don't have *many* blemishes to cover so I liked the sheerness of it. *knock on wood!*

The price was $26 at Sephora (and I usually don't like to spend that much for a product that I won't use often) but lately I've been digging benefit stuff, so I went for it. I will probably have this for awhile, so I'm satisfied.

Will buy again.

EDIT:
Ok, will not buy again at all. It's true- after hours of wear, it turns flaky and greasy. Just bad. NOT worth the money at ALL!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to love this stuff but it failed to meet my expectations. Feels silky smooth going on but didn't do a thing for my skin. However, the cute packaging did make me want to break out my record collection!

on 3/29/2007 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sigh. I initially thought I loved this. Great for 'good skin' days! The Sephora SA said it was fantastic for combo/oily skin like mine. WRONG. Am I the only one this initially turned greasy....then started FLAKING on? I met a friend for coffee and I was horrified to see myself in the bathroom mirror there....flake....flake....flake. My skin doesn't 'flake' or have a propensity for dryness. So I tried it again a few days later, this time ditching the sponge and using a foundation brush....same thing. grease--then flaking and separation after about 2 hrs. terrible.