benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.5

on 6/11/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For the record, I usually LOVE benefit products. Benefit and NARS are probably the two brands I trust almost unconditionally.

This product showed up CAKEY on me. When i put it on at first i loved it, but when i looked in the mirror i looked terrible!! I thought it'd be a good product since I am blessed with mostly nice skin and don't need much coverage. Won't ever buy again. But I do love a multitude of other benefit products!!

The SA at the Benefit counter gave me a free makeover and this was what she used on my face. When she was putting it on, it felt like silk...no harsh rubbing needed to blend it in. After a quick glimpse in the mirror, I agreed to purchasing it and took it home with me.

Using it myself, I'm kinda on the fence about this. Firstly - it's SO expensive. And there's not a whole lot of product in this compact...rest assured. I will probably use this up really quickly.

I use the shade 'deep' which is the darkest available. I'm an NC37-40 tan skinned gal, and deep matches me fine, even though it looks amazingly dark in the pot. This foundation is sheer, so colour-wise, it doesn't take much effort at all to find the right shade.

The texture glides on easily and gives me a natural, almost flawless look. I have acne scars on my chin and some blemishes here and there, yet this covered them well and made my skin look so much better.

As for lasting power - on my combo oily/normal skin - it's decent. If I wear this for a whole uni day, I need to touch up with some powder sometimes. I can't go a whole day without a touch up otherwise I get shiny and greasy looking.

I have acne-prone senstive skin and this hasn't irritated my skin. I apply this with a wedge sponge and it works well for me.

I like this foundation, but the price is ridiculous. For that reason, I wouldn't purchase again.

I really really like this product. I have combination skin with a pretty oily tzone and some mild unevenness. I'm pretty fair and I don't find this to be too orange at all. I've tried every tinted moisturizer/powder foundation etc in an attempt to find something with a nice texture and light coverage. If you're looking for lots of coverage this isn't for you...but with a little concealer underneath this gives me a great glow that is not as sticky as tinted moisturizer or as drying as powder foundation. Seriously, I love this product and it's a much more reasonably priced alternative to similar items such as the Perfekt skin version.

on 10/5/2008 6:06:00 PM

I was nervous about this product at first when the SA pulled it out, because I'm not a fan of heavy foundations. This cream formula is surprisingly sheer and lightweight. I felt like I had nothing on, and my skin looked natural and flawless. The shade matching is crazy-it doesn't look like it's going to blend in well with my skintone at all in the pan, but on my face it looked perfect. I prefer applying with a brush instead of the sponge, because the sponge soaks up a lot of product. This wasn't cheap, but I don't have to use very much so I hope it lasts me awhile. The packaging is really cute-I like the record image!

UPDATE: I changed my rating from a 4 to a 3, and I no longer would repurchase. Once winter hit and my skin dried out, this foundation emphasized dry spots no matter how much moisturizer I used underneath. It also dries out my skin further. I've used this for 4 months and the product is already almost gone, whereas liquid or powder foundations can last me for a year. I won't spend so much on this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't buy this as I won it in a BeneFit pack at a charity auction. I use this as my natural foundation, which isn't often. I'm someone who usually only wears foundation on nights out, & then I use more dramatic ones.

However, when I do use this it covers my inperfections quite well & helps keep my oily skin slightly tame. I have medium skin, as in I tan well & i find this slightly too light when I'm really tanned. In the winter it blends in fine! There's also no SPF in it, which I prefer to have.

I love the packaging, with a lovely big mirror, but I don't find the sponge that great & prefer using a brush. I'm still undecided if I'll pay the money for it because I don't use it regularly, but that's the only reason really & this ones lasting ages anyway!!

on 4/17/2008 9:23:00 PM

This is a fantastic product - surprisingly natural on my skin tone (fair with pink undertones). Not too greasy and not too matte, I put this on straight after my Nivea Creme and it takes away most of the shine - all I need to do is powder my nose and I have that 'glowy' look. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was the packaging. Although it's pretty cool that it's a record player, I'm not keen on it being white 'cause it gets kind of dirty and battered in my bag. Benefit stuff is even more expensive here in England, so while at the moment I would re-purchase, I'm on the lookout for something cheaper.

on 1/19/2008 10:33:00 PM

I like this product on lazy days when I really don't feel like going through the whole Bare Minerals routine (time consuming!). I like the consistency and color a lot. I just hate that it runs out so quickly!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation as it totally smoothes out your skin and gives it a gorgeous dewy finish! The shade does suit all skin tones (surprisingly!)and looks fab. The only downsides are that it costs 19 and you only get the tiniest amount in the compact so it runs out in about 5 weeks (and that's using it sparingly!!!). It also doesn't last as by lunchtime it's generally all come off - even with a primer- so I have to re-apply. I will definately buy this again though as I love it for daytime when I find my Dior Sculpt Foundation too heavy.

on 7/23/2007 4:01:00 PM

The Ma introduced me to this product today and I am so rushing out to get this as soon as I get paid. I have never seen a foundation go on so smooth! and it covers all my flaws with a lovely colour to match!!I also think 19,50 is quite resonable for a foundation of this size. Although, I would say this product is more like a tinted moisturiser as it does moisturise your skin, its coverage is like a foundation.

Although theres only one colour, it matches any skin tone. I dont know how it does it, but it was the perfect match for my NC15-20 skin. The MA used this with a foundation brush and I think I would do the same as I think its more hygenic than the sponge provided.

**Update** so I bought this and I love love love it. Its perfect and gives me the best natural look. Its like pure magic!!!!

I have been WAITING to try this! I'm usually NW20, and thought from previous reviewers that I couldn't pull this off in the winter. But now summer is here, and it WORKS! The Sephora SA told me to think of it as a colorless foundation; that confused me a little bit, but it actually is that sheer. Its a little bit harder to blend than a liquid, but then again, most creme-to-powders are. I've found that the satiny finish is worth the effort, though! It doesn't compare to any other product I've ever used. Evens skin without appearing made-up, and I definitely need less concealer afterward. Concealer and blush blend wonderfully over it. I usually set a lquid foundation with Becca Loose and touch up with the MAC Blot compact. Even with dryish skin, I still like to mattify my nose mid-day. But I actually don't need powder at all to set or touch this up! There's a little more "glow" by the afternoon than there was in the morning, but absolutely no greasies! I'm in love...