benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.5

on 8/13/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently was in manchester shopping and I went in Dedenhams, while I was strolling thru a girl approached me from Benefit asking if I heard of benefit, I went over and thought I would try it out! She introduced and her name was kate she was so helpful nice and friendly, I tried dome lee lee after she said I seem like her and I loved it, I told her about my skin condition and what I wanted out of my look as I'm a makeup freak and I'm very fussy I ended up leaving with Laugh with me lee lee which is now my favourite perfume, firmology which is amazing and plumping on my face, some kinda gorgeous which has an amazing silky coverege which isn't heavy on my skin and very light weigh erase paste2 fantastic! Then I filled out a vip card and and I was booked back in 4 weeks late when I went and bought sofia perfume and some creaseless eyeshadows and dr feelgood again with kate! I am booked back soon and I always go with kate she's a true make up artist who generally helps me and know what I want! I also love debenhams new refurb its amazing inside! I do recommend for you guys to visit kate at benefit counter,debenhams, manchester, its also the biggest benefit counter I have ever seen!!! Xx

on 8/13/2010 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Want this so badly???

Buy the cream to powder foundation by Maybelline, applies the same, actually has shades to choose from, and is a fraction of the price.

Unfortunately this shade although intended to suit ALL skin tones, looked obvious orange/tan on my fair skin, it also accentuated some dry flaky areas when I used a sponge.

However-When I used a foundation brush, it applied much more natural and looked alright.

But...two weeks into using this I hit pan...It looks like you get a lot more product then you actually do...

It's average...nothing amazing and quite pricey. I won't buy this again.

on 6/25/2010 4:17:00 PM

This is a good foundation giving medium coverage. I found it a little dark for my nc20 skin, but nothing major. I had to set it with powder as it gives a silky feeling finish but i could also see it getting oily throughout the day if you don't reapply powder. The packaging is really cute and comes with a sponge and mirror which is handy if u want to put it in your bag, but i found i got the best finish using a foundation brush. Overall a good foundation but not good enough for me to buy again. x

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I recently ordered Sephora's BeneFit To Go (Beauty Best Sellers), and was expecting most of it to be just a hair bigger (though not much-- after all, they ARE minis). In general, Some Kind-a Gorgeous is fairly decent. It's supposed to fake foundation wear and blend to any skin tone, and for the most part, it does. For me, it needed help from their primer for coverage, and it was a bit orange, only because I'm so fair. I noticed they had a lite version, which I'd be interested in trying, but knowing me, t would be too light. But, it was prettygood, and in a pinch, I could get away with it (when I say a bit on anything, I really mean a bit).

i really liked this product until i realized it was breaking me out. :\ i hit pan already (which btw happens really quickly if anyone is wondering) and i was hoping my recent breakouts were just hormonal but as soon as i stopped using it, they went away.

i do really like this product aside from the breakouts though. i was suspicious of it at first because it does feel (to me, anyway) greasy and nasty going on, but it has such a nice finish. very satiny and natural. it covers my slight redness and evens my skintone, though it's a little dark so i need to blend it into my neck so i match. it's so easy to use, takes me less than thirty seconds for my whole face so that was awesome for work in the morning. portable compact makes touch ups easy, though i've never really needed to touch up, it lasts all day for me.

ugh i really wish it wasn't breaking me out lol. i really do love it!

on 1/6/2010 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I actually really liked this foundation. I use the 'dark' shade for my tan yellow undertoned NC40-44 skin and it suits me well. Doesn't look heavy or thick or cakey...looks like skin basically, but provides pretty good coverage. It does get greasy on my combo skin throughout the day, but if I put it ontop of a powder I don't really get oily. It's expensive and you don't get a lot of product for your money but I think I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i liked that it didn't feel like i was wearing makeup, but it looked all orange-y on me!

on 12/11/2009 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff was pretty good. I just started using products that weren't from the drug store, so this was a huge difference for me. This was my first non-drugstore foundation and I like it. The only thing that bothered me was it was a bit orangy, and I really had to blend because I have fair skin. And since I had to blend so much, it was a very sheer coverage, which is okay because my skin isn't bad.

I wouldn't recommend this if you don't want sheer coverage. I think too many people try to keep putting more and more on to cover, using too much and causing it to look cakey. I don't think it's meant for that.

I only dab my finger in it a little, and rub a bit around each eye, around my nose, a little on my forehead, and some on my chin. I had a sample of this from Sephora and the sample lasted me almost a month because I didn't need that much.

All and all, it really did make my skin look nice and smooth. But I think I'm going to move on to another, just because it is expensive and too orange for my skin.

on 11/29/2009 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I really like this foundation. However, I use it very sparingly and only on certain areas, so I see it as more of a concealer. I love the concept of a cream-to-powder but never really believed in them, thinking they'd all be cakey. But when I use a little bit on my red areas (apples of my cheeks, tip and sides of nose, and chin) and on the dullness in the center of my forehead, all is right with the world, and I look completely natural and smooth. Plus, it has enough coverage to conceal those problem areas without hiding my well-loved freckles! It even works well underneath my eyes. I dust some MSF Natural over my face and don't need a touch-up during the day (aside from an oil blot). Overall, I think this product is well worth the money, considering how long it'll last if you don't cake it on.

on 11/17/2009 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm from the UK and have been using Body Shop foundation since I can remember. For my birthday this year, someone bought me BeneFit "Just In Case" miniature set which has a little bit of Some Kind-A Gorgeous in it. I absolutely loved it so decided to buy (aka ask the boyf) a full-sized one.

I absolutely love it! I have combination skin- dry in some places, oily in others- and sometimes I can get breakouts. The Body Shop foundation I was using was very thick, as I can get quite self-concious about my skin. However, Some Kind-A Gorgeous covered up imperfections well without leaving me looking like I was caked in make-up. It glides on so softly and is hardly noticeable to other people.

However, here in the UK, it is pricey- About 25. It also doesn't have much product in the container. My first foundation lasted me about 5 weeks.

All in all, I think this foundation is a perfect day-to-day product and it is now my staple foundation.