L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.6

on 10/14/2002 9:27:00 PM

Oh Yes!!! This is my IDEAL vanilla scent! Smokey, spicy and sophisticated with none of the sweet, powdery drydown of most vanilla based scents. Some vanilla lovers my even find this to be a bit much. Vanilla Fields or Dark Vanilla, it ain't! This is some serious stuff. As with most L'Artisan scents, don't judge it until you've let it dry a bit. Beautifully complex and mysterious. This one screams to be worn on those intimate Fall/Winter evenings by the fireside with your S/O or Hubby! If you like Oriental fragrances you will probably love this one. I know I do!

on 9/22/2002 11:52:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one. While I do see how it could be great for layering, I found on its own it was a bit rubbery in smell. It is too uninteresting for me to wear as a single note.

I have to say, I was really excited to try this, but was sadly dissapointed. I tested it today and unfortunately on me it smelled like an old ashtray. YUCK!

on 9/12/2002 11:24:00 AM

Had a nice smell but was almost nonexistant on me. Not sweet enough for my tastes.

on 9/8/2002 10:22:00 AM

Yet another wonderful fragrance I bought in a sample lot on Ebay. I love this complex, grown-up vanilla fragrance. It is soft and sophisicated. Definitely not like the CSP or L'Occitane vanillas. There is something that holds me back from running out and spending $90 for a bottle, though. I think it may remind me somehow of a cheap perfume I can't place. But that's totally subjective. I will keep wearing it till it's gone. I will also try layering it with CSP Vanilla Amber and Amour de Cacao to see how they balance, interact with one another. Too bad samples don't come in a spray. I find that spritzing my hair lightly makes my fragrances last longer and give me more of a subtle aura of the scent, which I catch more when I move around throughout the day. I feel that I could wear or layer this fragrance for just about any occasion. Beautiful. Funny how our sense of smell or smell "memories" can leave us with such strong feelings about the finest nuances of fragrances. That's the case for me here.

on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet scent. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.

on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.

on 6/20/2002 9:53:00 AM

This is definitely the most beautiful Vanilla scent I've tried. It's sexy and alluring with this smoky scent and not the heavy sweetness of other Vanilla fragrances. It's pricy at $62.50 for just a 1.7 oz, but after a long test trial of L'Artisan fragrances, this is the one that I purchased. It's doesn't last too long on me, but this fragrance is not intended to knock people over, but draw them in closer. Just because I can't smell it doesn't mean others can't! ;-)

It's comforting and sexy at the same time. Like a smokey vanilla. When I used up my sample I actually found myself craving the smell of it. However, after buying a full bottle I found it too spicy on me :(

on 12/12/2001 8:30:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this fragrance! I received this in a swap and I am completely obssessed by this scent!! It is not boring like plain vanilla but it is warm and enveloping. It lasts all day long:) I have tried all kinds of scents lately, I bought a bunch of samples of CSP from Ebay and promptly paraded myself in front of my hubby, hoping that he would notice how great I smelled but when I sprayed L'Artisan Vanilla, he couldn't stop raving!!! Plus, we have two dobermans and they are in love with this fragrance as well:) They follow me around and try to sniff my wrists. So, if my hubby loves it and my dogs love it -- it's a keeper!!!

Popular Fragrances