L'Artisan Fragrances Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.6

on 1/18/2004 3:42:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this one. Expecting warm, smokey vanilla, that's not so sweet, but on me it turned out smelling like sharp green floral with a base of strong musk and just a hint of vanilla... or was it the word "vanilia" still echoing in the back of my head? Anyway, not a pleasant scent and I would not purchase it.

Mmm... smells like warm vanilla goodness! *Not* your average sugary/cake batter/foody vanilla scent at all. It's a sophisticated, smokey, sandalwoody, and scrumptious skin scent on me. When my decant runs out, I'm definitely going to get more!

I had high hopes for this fragrance since I love vanilla, but not the usual sickly sweet vanilla scents. This fragrance quickly turned to the familiar scent of Play-Doh. Over all I have been very disappointed with L'Artisan fragrances.

A subtle, creamy floral. Unfortunately, the floral note is a little sickly in my nose. I was surprised at how strong the floral note was to me; I think I was expecting vanilla tempered by a little spice, but no notable spice...just milky floral tempered by a dash, perhaps, of musk. I'm shocked I didn't really care for this, being a vanilla fan (in all its forms) and a L'Artisan fan. Alas, it's not to be!

on 4/21/2003 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is one of my favourite perfumes. It's warm, spicy, deep, sweet but not cloyingly/sickly sweet. It's not heavy at all and it's actually soft and rather light. On me, it smells a bit milky/creamy/buttery (but not foody), which I like a lot.The staying power is great, too.

on 2/23/2003 11:34:00 AM

The first time I tried this fragrance, I was in Barney's and the salesperson mentioned that she knew I would love it and that it was a little spicy. I didn't believe her, because I usually don't care for spicy scents, but let her spray it on me anyway and left the store. As I walked around with this fragrance on, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It's the most fantastic warm spicy vanilla scent ever. I loved the amber notes in it as well. I wound up returning, and buying a bottle. It's been one of my favorite spicy vanilla scents for the past 4 years! Btw, I also love sweet vanilla fragrances (like CSP), but this one is nice for variety.

on 2/19/2003 1:26:00 PM

I think this is a beautiful, delicious fragrance. Slightly sweet but not foody, a little smokey and spicy, very different. Strangely enough, I didn't like this that much at first sniff. But then I tried it again and wore it on all pulse points to give it a fair try. Yum! Now I can't wait to purchase a full sized bottle!

on 2/13/2003 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this Vanilia fragrance, it's BEAUTIFUL. Not sickeningly sweet as some Vanilla fragrances. This perfume is spicy, sweet, and soft. It's a very very pretty fragrance, and I love it, just HAVE to have it. I received this as a sample from Aedes, and know that the sample is not going to last very long.

on 2/13/2003 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

on 2/3/2003 6:41:00 PM

A sample of this sat unassumingly on my dresser for several months because I smelled it from the vial and I could barely detect any scent at all. Besides, I had just received about 30 other samples to try so this one just sat there. Well, I just put it on the other day and I love this! At first, it smelled exactly like Love's Baby Soft- a nice, expensive Love's Baby Soft! As I wore it, the scent continued to evolve into a wonderful, warm floral scent of vanilla. Not syrupy at all. I guess it is the actual vanilla orchid I am detecting. This is the only L'Artisan fragrance I have worn that lasts more than an hour on me. I definately want a full bottle!

Popular Fragrances