NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

NYX Professional Makeup Single Eye Shadow - Aloha
Single Eye Shadow - Aloha

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this as part of the trio set and I have to say I am pretty much obsessed with this shade! I use it almost every day, not as a highlighter but as an overall wash over my entire lid. It makes my small eyes pop and the texture is so velvety smooth the application is a breeze. I haven't touched my more expensive eye shadows for a long time...I'm too in love with my NYX ones.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I saw one of my you tube makeup girls (emilynoel83) use this in a look and it looked very pretty as a highlight. I decided to pick this up at Ulta. Wow, pigmentation is incredible with this shade. Be careful because it's frosty and you can't tell how much you put on in certain lighting. With a primer, Aloha stayed true all day and no creasing or fading. Today, I did a neutral look with NYX Iced Mocha up to the crease and Aloha as a quick highlight and it looks great. I feel that Aloha leans on the cool side on me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my everyday highlight color - I am obsessed! I often will just put this on under my brow and in the inner corner and that's it for makeup - it's amazing! I love the color, although it is a bit glittery (and I sometimes find the odd sparkle under my eyes after I apply) I think it's super pretty and a must-have!

on 12/19/2010 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like frosty and this can lean that way a bit. Once I put the rest of my shadows on and blended the overall look was great! It has a slight pink tone and leans more toasted silver than gold- so I guess it would be more of a cool color. I used it with greens today just because I wanted to try it out and it didn't conflict much because it was so light. I look forward to experimenting more with it. If u HATE frost u might stay away because it leans a bit in that direction depending on application and as somebody stated below, it seems softer than some of the other NYX shadows which can create more fall out but this is not enough to deter me from using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this slightly frosty, barely pink shadow as a browbone/inner corner highlight. If applied lightly, I think the effect is very ethereal. Same great pigment, texture, and blendability as most of the shadows from this brand are known for.

on 8/19/2010 2:29:00 PM

I use this product every day, I would venture to say I'm obsessed. The champagne-palest pink shade has the perfect amount of shimmer...definitely doesn't look too frosty. I've already repurchased this once and am sure I will do it again.

on 12/23/2009 7:19:00 PM

Aloha is a really pretty highlight colour, I use it as a wash all over my lid under darker colours. I've been looking for ages for something like this - a neutral shimmery nude slightly on the pink side. I noticed that yellow-toned base colours tend to turn my grey and black eyeshadows a bit green in certain lights so I wanted a pinkish one.

The colour turns up on me as a shimmery champagne without yellow undertones. The texture is very nice and soft and spreads well without major fallout. All my darker matte shadows blend very evenly over it and it gives them a very nice shimmery tone. As others said the colour kind of reminds me of MAC Phloof! as well.

Overall a very pretty product, and I appreciate the classy packaging as well. I'm quite sad NYX is not available in most parts of Europe though, and even where it is it's horribly expensive - Aloha cost me almost 9!

on 12/11/2009 11:43:00 AM

Eesh, I guess I am the only one here thus far that is not a fan of this eyeshadow. I generally love NYX shadows and thought this looked gorgeous in the pan. Looks like a light champagne color with pink undertones and shimmer. When I put it on my eyes, it is more of a silvery cream type color. The color is fine, the problem for me is that this is so darn frosty. I can't use this is a highlight as it is to much for me. I like neutral looks and I just can't pull off that much shimmer as highlight. I typically like shimmery colors but this has more glitter to it and the fallout is beyond awful for me. It also doesn't glide on smooth and looks really chalky on my skin. I hate to waste shadows so I tried using this under other colors for different looks but I just can't get past the fallout and glitter in this shadow. Maybe I will swap this but definitely will not be a re-purchase :(

Awesome!! This eyeshadow blends well and goes on smooth. It doesnt crease on me which is nice! Its also really cheap for such a great product and there is also a lot in this little pot too!!!The color is a shimmer + nude... kinda warm.(I am not good at describing eyeshadows) Its pretty on!
Try it!!!
^_^

on 6/10/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love ALOHA! It is the perfect highlight color especially when using pink or purple eyeshadow. I use this as a highlight for when going out at night because it is very shimmery. Would recommend using a primer underneath to prevent fading. And to think I only bought it because its name is Aloha and I'm from Hawaii. Shows up as a frosty/shimmery light pink on my NC44 skintone.