Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao

3.5

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I first tried this when I received a sample with an order from Sephora over a year ago. As soon as I spritzed some on, I absolutely loved it! I didn't really smell any orange despite the fact that the company claims it's in this fragrance. The combination of scents in this product make it smell wonderful! This would have gotten 5 lippies were the price not so high. Great product though! You can find a "to go" size of this fragrance at www.beauty.com for about $24 if you don't want to shell out big bucks for a larger bottle.

on 2/20/2006 12:56:00 PM

Oh. Literally like Cocoa Puffs. I'd read scent descriptions, reviews, overheard conversations, and almost every single one would mentioned Cocoa Puffs. I had no idea they meant it literally. I don't get sexy with this, but it's definitely a comfort scent, and it's a winner with children. The orange in this is so slight it's barely noticeable after half an hour, and after that, it's cocoa all the way. I'll hold on to this, but it's making me want to (finally) try Serendipitous. continued >>

on 2/10/2006 10:14:00 PM

Smells like cocoa puffs! So comforting.

Yummy. I'd have difficulty choosing between this and Serendipity. AdC is Coco Puffs eaten straight out of the box while Serendipity is the coco milk at the bottom that you drink when no one is looking. It's creamier, like a milk chocolate. AdC has a bit more of an edge to it. I would consider both chocolate scents to be must-haves for any chocolate scent lover.

on 1/5/2006 2:01:00 PM

This is not my favorite CSP (mokha is) but I do like it. It's chocolate with a tart note like those whipped yogurt mousse cups from Yoplait. Yummy but I don't always want to smell like a dessert.

on 12/14/2005 1:56:00 PM

I work at a store that sells this scent (won't say which, but it's a real no-brainer) -- anyways, I always introduce this as a "sexy chocolate" because that's exactly what it is. A great winter perfume as some have said, and the flavor is definately addictive. Men do like it.... but the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach we all know. An aquired taste but good!

on 11/26/2005 8:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Interesting scent. Initially it's a warm, rich, roasted chocolate scent. The drydown process reveals a nuttier, smokey scent, which my nose doesn't particularly care for. The end result leaves me smelling like everyone else... Cocoa Puffs! For winter, I actually like the scent!

on 11/15/2005 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Probably my third favorite scent from CSP. It smells like cocoa puffs to me, but because of the price, I'd have to say I'd stick to Serendipitous if I want to smell like chocolate. I wish this had more of a lasting power too.

on 10/16/2005 4:14:00 AM

I love the images and fantasies this fragrance (and it's packaging) is provoking. The initial burst is just lovely. There's a warm, balmy, cozy, South Pacific sort of vibe. Dark, chocolatey sensuality. After about ten minutes though it's a dead ringer for those "Nuts 4 nuts"-carts that perambulate the streets of New York! Not my idea of sexy.

on 10/10/2005 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this chocolate fragrance, for me this is one of my perfect scents, especially in winter. Rich, dark chocolate, vanilla and a tiny amount of orange. One of these fragrances you put on and will feel comfortable and cosy immediately. Lasting power is average, better than other CSP, I detected it lasts VERY good on your clothes.
Definitely a re-purchase for me if I will ever finisch that bottle.

Popular Fragrances