Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

Dior DiorShow Unlimited mascara

3.5

Pros: Makes my lashes extra long
Able to layer with DIORSHOW mascara. Super DRAMATIC EFFECT.
Cons: Not waterproof, smudges at end of day/night. Weigh down lashes losing the curl.

on 3/7/2008 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this when I went to buy the original Diorshow after hearing loads of good things about it. I ended up buying that one instead because the MA said the Unlimited version was the best for length. If this is true, then the original one must be really pitiful. I have used much cheaper mascaras that are way better than this. It adds a bit of length, but nothing spectacular, and really doesn't do anything in terms of volume. If you want a good lengthening mascara that really makes a difference, go for YSL effet faux cils, which is a thousand times better.

First of all, if I'm not mistaken this is the only DiorShow mascara without that horrible perfumy smell, which is why I bought it over the others (IMO perfume is not meant to go anywhere near your eyes). Actually this mascara adds great length and I was initially very impressed until I looked in the mirror several hours later to find it had flaked all over the place. Major deal-breaker. Definitely not worth the CDN $30+ I paid for it. *sigh*

on 2/19/2008 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Again, like the DiorShow, this also made my eyelashes fall out. It does lengthen and thicken and the brush is really nice, but if I kept using it, I'd have no eyelashes at all. Bye bye $30.00. . . again.

on 2/11/2008 11:58:00 AM

I got this at Sephora when I was looking for something with a little more oomph to definition to my lashes. I have long, full lashes, but they're light, so they need help. This didn't clump, holds the curl from my eyelash curler all day, doesn't flake off or irritate my eyes, and doesn't run.

on 2/4/2008 4:57:00 PM

I have possibly the sparsest, shortest lashes in existence, and am constantly trying out new mascaras. I bought this one on a whim and have to say I was rather disappointed for the price. On one hand, it does an excellent job lengthening my lashes with minimal clumping. On the other hand, it runs and smudges far too easily for my taste - all it took was a little tearing to create black smudges all around my eyes. It IS a decent mascara, but there are better ones out there for the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It seemed to work great at first, but a month into it, I didn't feel like it gave enough oomph to my lashes. Then it got pretty clumpy.
On the plus side, it doesn't smudge unless I RUB my eyes.

But, I'll be looking for something that'll make my lashes even longer

I have really short and straight lashes, but with two coats of this they look as if they double in size! the only downfall is that it is a bit flakey and gets onto your face. For the price of a mascara like this, i was expecting a bit more, i don't think i'll buy this again.

on 1/20/2008 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample from Sephora and I really like this! I only have 2 problems with it:
1) It flakes too soon after applying, and 2) It costs way too much to buy the full-sized! I dislike spending more than $10 on a tube of mascara that I have to discard in 3 months. Dior & Chanel have ridiculously priced cosmetics, and simply not worth the hefty price tags, IMO. So, even tho I enjoyed the sample, I know I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/21/2008 1:29:00 AM

at first it was good. literally the first and second day. Then i realized this flakes off throughout the day, and can easily clump my lashes and leave them spidery looking if it is not applied with super precision.eh. not worth it.